New New New New!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New New New New!

Thanks

Exclamation New New New New!

hey guys i finished writing, recording, editing, etc. my new song "Interno" and it's up on my music myspace page now. check it out, tell me what you think, add me, whatever. just post here when you've listened to it .

thanks
    -camaroman22

----------------------------------

equipment used for Interno:
    Les Paul Standard through a FAB Metal pedal out of little Crate amp (with a mic in front of it) recorded and cut in Audacity, digital reverb effect(whole song) and double tracking(at the end)
    Last edited by camaroman22; 10-18-2006 at 05:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: New New New New!

come on guys, this is ridiculous, the view count on my page has gone way up, the view count on this thread has gone way up, but the play count on my page and the comment count on the thread haven't changed.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

well ....

it is better than the last one from you I heard .. however still choppy - I assume these are al lsamples from other songs - and not actually your guitar playing..

at the beginning - I thin it is the second degment is sampled wrong - you have a rhythm inside the piece, but cut it when you return to the beginnign of the sampled piece. when you are canpling, you want to make sure the piece that is repeating in a loop creates a consistent beat/rhythm .. and does not obviously how where it is cut.

some of the transitions were very hars, but others were better - but overall - it just lokos like a guitar technique clinp - there was no consistency over the pieces - maybe having an underlying drum or base beat that would give you the temp throughout the song would let you anchor the sample pieces better - it would give you pointer how much to slow down/speed up the pieces to fit the tempo....

also you should consider transitions - where 2 of the samples are playing together - or adding layers, where you have more than one instrument playing - this would all allow for a richer experience .... and having the chops of the different layers be at different places / times - it would provide some cnsistency...

Igor

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igor
    I assume these are al lsamples from other songs
    aaaand you would be wrong in making that assumption

Quote Originally Posted by igor
    at the beginning - I thin it is the second degment is sampled wrong - you have a rhythm inside the piece, but cut it when you return to the beginnign of the sampled piece. when you are canpling, you want to make sure the piece that is repeating in a loop creates a consistent beat/rhythm .. and does not obviously how where it is cut.

some of the transitions were very hars, but others were better - but overall - it just lokos like a guitar technique clinp - there was no consistency over the pieces - maybe having an underlying drum or base beat that would give you the temp throughout the song would let you anchor the sample pieces better - it would give you pointer how much to slow down/speed up the pieces to fit the tempo....

also you should consider transitions - where 2 of the samples are playing together - or adding layers, where you have more than one instrument playing - this would all allow for a richer experience .... and having the chops of the different layers be at different places / times - it would provide some cnsistency...

Igor
    thanks for the tips, but that is me playing, and that is my music. i realize drums or something else would make it sound better...and right now i'm solo...so not much i can do about that . spell check dude, i can't understand half the stuff you're trying to tell me in that thing. thanks for checking it out though and thanks for commenting on it.
    -camaroman22

---------------------------------------------

i added the stuff i used in recording to the first post.
    Last edited by camaroman22; 10-18-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Intro reminds me a bit of "The Kids Arnt Alright" by The Offspring...but not so much as to where I think your scamming it off them or anything. Man, if you could get the recording quality up little a bit better (which I understand is easier said then done, things cost money) it would really do alot for the song. You've got alot of talent, keep rockin man!

What are you workin with as far as equipment? Guitar, effects, recording..all that?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Strapping.Young.Lad's Avatar
    Thanks

The intro is TOTALY:
    The Kids Arent Alright.
    1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
    Formerly Known As: FordRules

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do you insist on stealing from The Offspring?

Next time you rip off another band, make sure it's one that's less well-known.

EDIT: I love the comments for this picture:

"Writing new songs"

i have also had an incredible year!!!

September 2, 2006 8:41 PM
    without words
    Last edited by MonteCarloSS86; 10-18-2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

Thanks

i only listened to the first song so far. its pretty good! u got some serious talent

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Strapping.Young.Lad's Avatar
    Thanks

When Camaroman22 and Camaro chris talk they must go like this:
    Hey Man!
    Hey Chris whats up
    Nothing Man
    Nice to hear Chris.
    1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
    Formerly Known As: FordRules

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FordRules
    When Camaroman22 and Camaro chris talk they must go like this:
    Hey Man!
    Hey Chris whats up
    Nothing Man
    Nice to hear Chris.
    thanks for the very relevant comment fordrules .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if you guys are accusing me of ripping off TKAA by offspring maybe you should listen to what i'm playing and then what noodles or w/e is playing(like consequtively) . if you don't believe me ill tab out my intro and send it to you .

tkaa is definately my favorite song to play, plus it's the only one i bothered to memorize :p , so don't tell ME that the intros are the same because they're VERY different, aight ? i do however have a different unrecorded song that i've been told sounds like the intro to tkaa, and i'll admit it kinda does , but they're completely different as well and to be honest mine sounds better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    any similarities between my song and offspring's TKAA is purely coincidental, imo AFI's Miss Murder sounds like Green Day's Holiday, doesn't mean one ripped off the other. sure we all have influences, but to say one song is an outright ripoff of another makes you look pretty ignorant . w/e, if you like it good, if not, idc .

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you're ripping off of it without knowing. You were definately ripping off of The Offspring, sorry.

And I think that AFI's Miss Murder and Green Day's Holiday is absolute garbage so it doesn't matter who ripped off who, the bands both suck now.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    thanks for the very relevant comment fordrules .
    if you guys are accusing me of ripping off TKAA by offspring maybe you should listen to what i'm playing and then what noodles or w/e is playing(like consequtively) . if you don't believe me ill tab out my intro and send it to you .

tkaa is definately my favorite song to play, plus it's the only one i bothered to memorize :p , so don't tell ME that the intros are the same because they're VERY different, aight ? i do however have a different unrecorded song that i've been told sounds like the intro to tkaa, and i'll admit it kinda does , but they're completely different as well and to be honest mine sounds better.

any similarities between my song and offspring's TKAA is purely coincidental, imo AFI's Miss Murder sounds like Green Day's Holiday, doesn't mean one ripped off the other. sure we all have influences, but to say one song is an outright ripoff of another makes you look pretty ignorant . w/e, if you like it good, if not, idc .
    Hey, I wasnt saying ya were rippin it off tab for tab, I'm not even saying that you were doing it intentionally. But since you say that TKAA is a song you known how to play well, maybe thats why your song sounds like it a bit. I have the same problem with drums..I'll come up with a good beat and then realize that it sounds like Limb Bizkit's "My Generation" because its a song I know and play alot. I also wrote a song for guitar that sounded alot like Beastie Boys "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" without even noticing how much it sounded alike till someone pointed it out, and again, "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" is a song I play every now and then. Its just a subconcious thing, my friend Mike does the same, he will come up with a song and ask me what I think of it and it will sound like its got Metallica or Pantera song riffs in it..just try to re-work it a little bit here and there. Your a great player, obviously very creative, I'm not questioning that a single bit..alot of people run into things like that though.

Thanks

Red face Re: New New New New!

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    Hey, I wasnt saying ya were rippin it off tab for tab, I'm not even saying that you were doing it intentionally. But since you say that TKAA is a song you known how to play well, maybe thats why your song sounds like it a bit. I have the same problem with drums..I'll come up with a good beat and then realize that it sounds like Limb Bizkit's "My Generation" because its a song I know and play alot. I also wrote a song for guitar that sounded alot like Beastie Boys "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" without even noticing how much it sounded alike till someone pointed it out, and again, "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" is a song I play every now and then. Its just a subconcious thing, my friend Mike does the same, he will come up with a song and ask me what I think of it and it will sound like its got Metallica or Pantera song riffs in it..just try to re-work it a little bit here and there. Your a great player, obviously very creative, I'm not questioning that a single bit..alot of people run into things like that though.
    ok, thanks, but if you think about it it's pretty hard to come up with something truely new and original these days simply because it's all been done before. like you never hear about a new genre emerging, its always a blend of this and that with a hint of these undertones .

i'll be recording an audio clip with me playing my intro then TKAAs just to end this thing though, cuz imo they really don't sound very simlar . expect to see it sometime later today on my alternate music myspace.

-camaroman22
    -------------------------------
    o and you asked wut equip i use, its in the first post
    -------------------------------

ok, i listened to them both and made a clip here

the theme used is similar, as is the sound of each to a certain extent, but the two are by no means the same and it is by no means a ripoff. my song takes place in the 2nd and 3rd fret on the A string and open A and 1st fret on low E (with all strings tuned up 2 frets, imo standard tuning sounds flat).

-the song might not go up right away due to "...processing" by myspace.
    Last edited by camaroman22; 10-20-2006 at 01:40 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MoparPerformanc's Avatar
    Thanks

man i really like that...

just a question but can i use interno in one of my drawing cars shows if i sight you as the music artist

cause my drawings would rock to that
    Hidden Content
    Dodges Rule!!!

Chrome Bumpers Are Making A Comeback

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoparPerfomanc
    man i really like that...

just a question but can i use interno in one of my drawing cars shows if i sight you as the music artist

cause my drawings would rock to that
    sure, that'd be sweet .

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information