New Impala/Caprice

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Impala/Caprice

Thanks

New Impala/Caprice

this is my first real post in these forums, I had this conceived as a Corsica, but then I thought Impala or Caprice sounded better for it. So, here it is. It just looks more possible considering what GM has come up with lately. Only that this is RWD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: New Impala/Caprice

very 90s. Aggressify (did I just make up a word?) the front end and do something to add some jazz to the side.
    Don't get me wrong, great Drawing, just a bad Design.

Thanks

well, the original idea was to bring back the Corsica. I'm trying to make it more agressive now.

But that's what I thought it would be the final form of the car if GM were to produce it. After all they are the best at shattering everyone's dreams right now.
    Last edited by Panama Gearhead; 06-03-2006 at 09:00 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that it looks a little too old. Very 90s Holden. (Catera, etc...)

Banned
    Thanks

I notice everyone thinks the car looks like a Corsica. The artist is having a hard time keeping perspective. The car would actually look like A Saab 9-3, BUT ON A BIGGER SCALE. A little more of the Saab concept on the front end would be cool.
    Last edited by tollytime; 06-03-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    I agree that it looks a little too old. Very 90s Holden. (Catera, etc...)
    I agree also, it's not a modern day Impala.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

yeh, I agree, but it was intended to be that way. Think about it as the update that should have been instead of the actual Impala. Something less Honda Accordish.

ARTIST? thanks but I've still got a long way to go.

Thanks

I disagree, this is the only yet that has had at least a decent length hood and a longish type trunk which the next Imapla needs to be a true fullsize. I can't stand these so called modern cars which kill all the overhang and have tiny trunks and crampt engine bays. I like his idea. Everyone else who doesn't by saying it is too 90s or there is too much overhang is painfully wrong.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    I disagree, this is the only yet that has had at least a decent length hood and a longish type trunk which the next Imapla needs to be a true fullsize. I can't stand these so called modern cars which kill all the overhang and have tiny trunks and crampt engine bays. I like his idea. Everyone else who doesn't by saying it is too 90s or there is too much overhang is painfully wrong.
    I agree 1000%

Overhang rocks.

Thanks

Now let's see, I try to make it clean and better looking than the current Impala. Man I could have taken the resemblance with an Accord or Catera, but seeing things in these forums which don't really seem possible to be produced makes me think what is wrong with a reasonable and realistic idea of the future Impala. Or is this forum just biased to phenomenal and extravagant-looking cars?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC toronadoGT's Avatar
    Thanks

^ The '08 Malibu is not what I would call "conservative". Of course, it's no Bugatti sedan concept, but it's designed on a level above recent GM mainstream cars, especially for Chevy.

Thanks

I know there are far better ideas here. That Malibu I define it as "out of resources". This is just what looks possible to me. I'll try to "unconservativeize" this thing. I guess I can try some combinations as soon as I'm done with my philosophy speech, French neoclasicism speech, English speech.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    Design trends are just that. They come and go and evolve. Maybe in 10 years, big overhangs and cars that look like rhinos on rollerskates will be in. What has been going on since the mid 90's is that designers and engineers are moving wheels to the farthest points within the mass as possible. It increases cabin room while retaining a manageable and manueverable vehicle. It also makes your engine bay more efficiently packed. Who needs to sit in an engine bay to work on your car like I used to on my 72 Monte 350? It had a 6 ft hood and a 3 foot radiator shroud. The rest was all air.

Actually, if you look into cargo capacities of many cars you'll find that it has at least remained the same. Sports cars are exempt from this because all you really need is golf clubs and a spot for your coffee!

I personally like a sedan that looks more like a fit, sporty car than a granny-mobile with a huge trunk and hood.

No one is "painfully wrong" for disagreeing.

The design is pretty good, though I share in the dated 90's opinion. I don't think I would have reverted the design to a Corsica/Beretta. That's just me though.

Thanks

Your Impala looks sharp; I would buy one.

Thanks

Here's an "agressified" Impala. Tell me your thoughts, honest ones. I'm taking suggestions.

This is entry #1
    Last edited by Panama Gearhead; 06-29-2006 at 10:08 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information