New GM's

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New GM's

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

New GM's

I posted some GM drawings months ago that I thought would be good for GM's portfolio. Well I also said that I would draw the next gen Grand Prix and Monte Carlo, or at least what I think they should look like. Well I finally did them and I also drew the Impala plus I have some specs for them:

Grand Prix

Monte Carlo

Impala

EDIT: Sorry about picture quality, it doesn't do the drawings justice, they look better in person and on normal size if you click on the link and then click on the picture, it zooms in so it gives you a better view but I'm still not happy with the way imageshack resized it.

Grand Prix Specs:
    RWD Sigma Architecture
    SL, GT-3.9L 3900 V6 VVT DOD 280 HP 6-Speed Auto
    SLX, GTX-5.3L LS4 V8 VVT DOD-330 HP 6-Speed Auto
    GXP-6.0L LS2 V8 VVT-415 HP DOD-6-Speed Auto
    SL (1SX Package) GT (1SA Package) SLX (1SV Package), GTX (1SB Package) GXP (1SC Package)

Monte Carlo Specs:
    RWD Sigma Architecture
    LS, LT, 3.5L 3500 V6 VVT & 3-VALVES/CYLINDER 6-Speed Auto 245 HP
    LTZ-3.9L 3900 V6 VVT & 3-Valve 6-Speed Auto and 280 HP
    SS-5.3L LS4 V8 VVT-330 HP 6-Speed Auto
    All engines come with DOD
    LS (1SV Package) LT (1SA Package) LTZ (1SB Package) SS (1SC Package)

Impala Specs:
    FWD Long Wheelbase Epsilon Architecture
    LS, LT-3.5L 3500 V6 VVT & 3-Valves/Cylinder 6-Speed Auto & 240 HP w/DOD
    LTZ-3.9L 3900 V6 VVT & 3-Valves/Cylinder 6-Speed Auto & 270 HP w/DOD
    SS-5.3L LS4 V8 VVT-320 HP & 6-Speed Auto w/DOD
    LS1 (1SV Package) LS2 (1SX Package) LT (1SA Package) LTZ (1SB Package) SS (1SC Package)
    Last edited by IAMCANADIAN; 12-20-2005 at 07:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: New GM's

They all look a bit to similar. The cars look arched themselves. Its a start but it needs work. Try to make 3 straight lines in the paper that run horizontically. Form there, build the bottom of your car off of the bottom line. The top of the car should be at the top line, The middle line should make the center of your car. Here's a small example. Hope I could be a help!

Thanks

They were just quick sketches, but thanks for your advice!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

No problem. Need anything else, just ask.

Thanks

Like Heals said, they all look the same.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 112,000 mi.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Gosh I hate those door handles!
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CRBoyd91
    Like Heals said, they all look the same.
    I don't believe so but I agree there is perhaps a slight similarity between the Monte Carlo and Grand Prix being as I felt they should share a few things but they were quick sketches, I don't really have a lot of time to do more detailed versions and in fact the Grand Prix took awhile as I wasn't satisfied with the other drawings I did. I took a lot of cues from the current Grand Prix as I'm a fan of the design and mixed in a bit of Cadillac STS as well.

Asim, if you're talking about the GP/MC door handles, they're my personal tastes but if you're talking about the Impala, that's understandable. I decided to make the Impala with suicide doors as I feel it provides more interior space.

Thanks

Also, if you saw the drawings in person, they look more proportioned, the scanner and the uploading of the image affected the proportions but generally if I'm doing a drawing, I'll use a ruler to make it more proportional but with the Impala, I decided to go more swoopy and you might have noticed that I adjusted some of the lines on the Grand Prix. I happen to like that one the best and the Monte Carlo as well. The Impala I drew I find is rather different than what you might see on a typical Impala. Thanks for all your advice so far, I admit I could've done better drawings but these were quick ones that I believe weren't bad and feel free to say if you like them or not, but remember these weren't meant to be perfect

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I can't really see what you were trying to do with your designs. They mostly look like sketched versions of the current cars...I don't really see anything majorly different with any of them. You even kept the current Monte Carlo's awful C-pillar. The Grand Prix is the only one that looks somewhat different from the current design, but even then there's not enough detail for me to really understand what concept you were trying to put onto paper.

Also, make sure to use a ruler next time for straight edges. I see you did it for the Grand Prix, but you should do it always if you want realistic looking sketches unless you develop a very steady hand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustang84
    I can't really see what you were trying to do with your designs. They mostly look like sketched versions of the current cars...I don't really see anything majorly different with any of them. You even kept the current Monte Carlo's awful C-pillar. The Grand Prix is the only one that looks somewhat different from the current design, but even then there's not enough detail for me to really understand what concept you were trying to put onto paper.

Also, make sure to use a ruler next time for straight edges. I see you did it for the Grand Prix, but you should do it always if you want realistic looking sketches unless you develop a very steady hand.
    I did that on purpose if you would like to know, except for the Impala which is completely different from the current design being that it has suicide doors and other features but I thought that the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo should share a lot of their previous design themes being as I feel they look good. A ruler would make it look better but I didn't have enough time to do detailed designs and in fact I actually fixed the lines on the Grand Prix by using Microsoft Paint. If I get enough time to fix the other two I'll do that and repost them.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information