Negative Replies to Concepts....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Negative Replies to Concepts....

Thanks
    I am posting this topic to let these people who are willing to try chopping cars and drawing cars: don't stop drawing/chopping!
    I have seen people complain about drawings and chops and I don't think that it is right. I think that you should take into consideration that THEY TRIEDand that they shouldn't be put down because you don't like it.....
    Everyone can always do better, but you can at least compliment them for trying, especially if you are someone like me: never chopped/drawed something up here on GMI. The only people who should be 'criticizing' and 'complaining' should be people who have experience.
    Just a friendly note from GMwsag

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In a way you are right. BUT, consider this...

Should everyone sugar-coat every reply "WONDERFUL chop, I love it!" When you actually hate it.

AND

If you sugar-coat every reply it makes the artist think that it is wonderful, and does not attempt to better themself.

I think that it is great if ANYONE tries making any kind of concept. However, I don't think that we should act like each chop was done by a 3 year old and tell them how great it is.

Welcome to the real-world.

I hope that I do not seem harsh, but I am all for constructive critisism.

Thanks
    Its all constructive criticism...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that it's fine to say that you don't like something. I'm sure plenty of people don't like the Mona Lisa.

Art is totally subjective.

I'm sure the guy that designed the Aztek thought he was doing well with the idea.

I think that if you are going to comment negatively on an artwork, that you should CRITICIZE, NOT INSULT. There is a difference.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't quite agree with you gmwsag on all points of your post. I think people should post how they feel about the concpet and be honest as long as it's in a friendly manner and is/or constructive criticism. When I first posted concepts people told me proportions are odd and they don't like it and look now I have improved so much. I think I would've kept thinking I was good and drawing poorly if everyone sucked up to me and said they liked it. Be nice but state your opinion truthfully, that's how I think people should post comments. Not that people don't, keep in mind.

Thanks
    I wasn't saying 'lie, lie, lie'. Let me correct myself. Compliment the person for trying, instead of just saying: 'Hey, that's horrible'.

Thanks
    Ok figures this happens after this post is started. Check out my H4 concept and look what f-100 wrote. Can I report that? I feel really angry and irritated but I'm holding back.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks
    You can't force people to be nice.
    There's no GMI rule for that behaviour. It was a little rude, but you have to have a thick skin.

When you post a picture you have to be prepared for negative reaction.

Thanks
    I know. I am younger and a little less patient and "thick skinned". I just hope this doesn't start a series of bashing threads like other boards unless he has a grudge against just me. I don't want to keep going on about this so let this be the last post regarding the issue.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by gmwsag@Aug 6 2004, 08:45 PM
    I wasn't saying 'lie, lie, lie'. Let me correct myself. Compliment the person for trying, instead of just saying: 'Hey, that's horrible'.
    Ok, so is what you are sayins is that for every concept that we some does not like, we should post the same generic, "I don't like it, but at least you tried"!

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 montess2k's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think he just means That if you don't like a chop give constructive critisim Like:

I don't like it cause the grill is to big, the windshield is to small, The tires are not fitting in the wheel well right, or the colors are not matching (This is definitely an issue with all my chops). This will help the chopper get better as he continues to do chops.

Don't just say That chop sucks, or that is hiddious, it is the absolutely worst chop I ever seen, without giving reasons as to why it is so bad. I think this type of criticism makes the chopper feel bad after putting effort into something and getting a response without any feedback, this may stop the person from doing any future chops.

For me I could care less what people think (7 Chops and not one very well received Yeah Baby new Record ) If I like it thats all that counts even though I know I have alot to work on I will keep posting cause I know thats how I may get better at it. Some people don't look at your age or realize this is just a hobby and not our careers (Hell even professional's mess up look at the Aztec someone made that chop and it even made it to production). So unless the moderators PM me and say Stop Making chops or we will take away your privalige to post here I will continue posting and not take any of the negative feedback/comments to heart.

Joe

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information