GM Inside News Forum banner

My wishlist for the 2011 Buick Regal

3K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Ttple 
#1 · (Edited)

Once production moves to North America - wishlist edits include:

• Revised profile - sweep-spear profile added similar to LaCrosse and the Opel downturning swoosh in the front door has been removed
  • Revised tail lights - to reflect similiarly, but not exactly, to the LaCrosse
  • Redefined trunk cutline - this is just a pet peeve of mine! The current trunk line is very awkward so I tried to adjust it to a more pleasing line that extends up from the bumper cover trim/cut line until it reaches the back window glass
  • Revised trunk chrome bar/badges - cut off parts of both sides of the chrome bar that extended into the lights and slightly moved badging to further bring similiarty to the LaCrosse
  • New wheels - the current wheels are terribly drab so I grabbed the wheels from the LaCrosse concept for proof of concept
  • Portholes on fenders

Comments welcome! :D

See less See more
#11 ·
trunk area is way to plain I think the liscense plate needs to be move up to it...we actually that whole trunk needs to be redesigned...never realized how awkward it looks. But that is a great wishlist. Very Buick now.

#13 ·
Tail lights are do-able, but personally I like the more upscale tail lights of the Insigna then the LED dots of the LaX. The use of light refracting parts inside tail lights give it a much more upscale look then a bunch of Lite-Brite looking tail lights IMO.

Example...

vs

If they can use some sort of light tube design to help smooth out the light as well as give it a much cleaner look. Just a pet-peve I have.

Moving the vents to the hood like the LaX is easier then a fender probably.
Moving the chrome trim around on the deck lid, also easy.
As for the sweep spear...not gunna happen, and personally thats ok with me. The Insigna's hockey spear is sharp enough to give the side a stylish touch without overdoing it. Sweep spear gives the LaX the look of a huge rear. Its big enough already.

I would recommed coming up with a better rear facia to match the LaX, maybe something a bit more agressive. I hate when tail pipes just hang under the bumper....very ugly.

#14 ·
I think those are perfect changes: the sweepspear, chrome bar, and tail lights really create a family resemblance from the sides and rear. The only thing I'd change for the front is the portholes. On the lacrosse, they're on the hood sorta facing inward. I think it gives it some aggression which is very lacking on the Insignia/Regal.

#15 ·
Bigger engines and proper marketing to the Buick faithful.

#19 ·
The swoop's a Buick trademark. I think they nailed it quite nicely.

#23 ·
Nice work yet I just want to see the AWD 400hp twin turbo 3.6 liter v6 in the regal..

Maybe with a dual clutch sequential transmission? (too far?)

Opels done quite a job with the high performance version although I'd like to see higher hp in the american version..(325hp)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.