Mini-minivans; Saturn IPOD GT & Opel Signum Minivan

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini-minivans; Saturn IPOD GT & Opel Signum Minivan

Thanks

Mini-minivans; Saturn IPOD GT & Opel Signum Minivan

The Saturn IPOD GT;

This is a bit out of wack in the front just now, but I wanted to see if the quality of a posted pix was any better now, so this is a new one and the next is on the GM minivan thread also, hopefully they both come out OK here.

The Opel Signum Minivan;

Oh, well they are not perfect yet, but I like the idea of a mini-minivan series.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mini-minivans; Saturn IPOD GT & Opel Signum Minivan

The quality of the pics are horrible...
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

Poor quality photos don't win contests. Why is it named the "IPOD" GT? I don't like the headlights on the Opel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

THX, I am looking for better quality pix's to work off. These are just preliminary photosketches, nothing more to flesh out ideas. Thanks for your concern, I do appreciate the thought, and will improve the quality before the final entries.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Where are you currently getting your "originals" from?
    There are plenty of high resolution pictures available on the net, and they aren't at all hard to find.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    Where are you currently getting your "originals" from?
    There are plenty of high resolution pictures available on the net, and they aren't at all hard to find.

UH...Car Domain, Autoimage, GM Photo store...OK, I grabbed the Opel pixs from posts here...not a good source I guess,..I will put more effort into finding better pix's...open to suggestions if you have any ?

I promise I will improve the quality level from now on. But, I would really appreciate if you all could comment on the designs, & not so much on the technical aspects, ya'know?

I am well aware of the shortcomings, but they will be resolved for your purposes here, OK?...just bear with me. I will get it right.

BTW, Rex....that 6-speed, rear engined, turbocharged thing you used to drive...I had one too, a 911 Turbo Carerra....worst car I ever had !...I ended up selling it in 6 months, for another Corvette.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 03-13-2006 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong
    Why is it named the "IPOD" GT? I don't like the headlights on the Opel.
    The thought for calling it an "IPOD" GT was that the cabin design offers an acoustical balance, in that there are no real right angles to it, rather a gentle curve to transfer sound to the Driver's position, in both designs this applies.
    I conceive that an IPOD connect or direct sat connect is standard equipment here, & as with all curerent GM product ONSTAR offers a direct link to real time sound (XM Radio, IPOD downloads, etc.) ...so, that was the idea for the name.
    Most likely it is not realistic, as "Trans AM" is to much for GM to swallow right now...but, WTH...I can dream, right ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    I promise I will improve the quality level from now on. But, I would really appreciate if you all could comment on the designs, & not so much on the technical aspects, ya'know?

I am well aware of the shortcomings, but they will be resolved for your purposes here, OK?...just bear with me. I will get it right.

BTW, Rex....that 6-speed, rear engined, turbocharged thing you used to drive...I had one too, a 911 Turbo Carerra....worst car I ever had !...I ended up selling it in 6 months, for another Corvette.
    The quality of the pictures is so bad, and the "choppiness" and bluriness of your "Art" makes it very difficult to appreciate the actual design on any level in any of your pictures.
    There MIGHT be a good idea or two somewhere in one of your many contest entries, but your lack of skill takes away any objectiveness to looking at your pictures.

As for the Porsche, I've never owned one. Not sure what you are talking about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    The quality of the pictures is so bad, and the "choppiness" and bluriness of your "Art" makes it very difficult to appreciate the actual design on any level in any of your pictures.
    There MIGHT be a good idea or two somewhere in one of your many contest entries, but your lack of skill takes away any objectiveness to looking at your pictures.

As for the Porsche, I've never owned one. Not sure what you are talking about.
    WELL !...THX for the offhanded comliment. This is not my forte. Right? The chop thing, I have not had alot of practice at. However, I am willing to put in the effort to get up to snuff. It is an intresting disipline to me. You guys are very good at it, so I figure I may learn some new techniques here.

As you are aware, I am a very serious ARTIST, not much in the way of technical skills posted here per se, and in reference to the type of ability demonstrated here. This is anti-theseis for me, but I like it anyway. It is a challenge for me, & I will master it. I guarentee one day I will win one of these contests, it may be years from now...but.

As for the Porsche thing, I thought that was what you were refering to in your tag line...???? Geez, I can't get anything right...huh? F me for trying !...LOL.

Thanks

You don't have to CHOP pictures for these contests. Original design is also accepted. Since you are an artisty, can you not draw? Paint? Sculpt? Anything other than use the smudge/blur tool on an exisiting picture?

You keep talking of your company's popularity and great success, but you have not shown us your company's webpage, or any actual art that you have sold (even if not car related), etc...

Your credibility leaves much to be desired.

Thanks

Geesh... some of these comments are a little harsh. I tried to photoshop a Cobalt into a G5, and it looked like absolute rubbish. I don't know if the guy has talent, but I applaud him for even trying. Seriously... everybody has to start somewhere. If I were him I'd have run home crying.

Thanks

TUX...., THX. I do not give a s**t what people say. It is too bad that I keep having to defend myself, so PLEASZE STOP PUTTING ME ON THE DEFESIVE, because I have an obligation to defend. I do not like having to do so, but I will.

As far as my ART, I am for REAL.

REX, ...your comments are unfounded, I gave you my home phone # in hopes of stopping these type of posts. IF YOU have a serious problem with me, call me. I offered to buy you a beer and take you to see my artwork in DAYTONA.
    What more do you want from me, man?

I understand that I do not have the consumate skills demonstrated here, but I give you my word, I WILL WIN 1 OF THESE STUPID CONTESTS ONEDAY...it may take me years to do so..but I will.

Look I sell pictures of cars under license from GM for a living, I offered to bring any of you guys into the deal if you want. I offered to pay you for it, so BACK OFF.

S**T. Now, your gonna piss me off again. I AM AN ARTIST, so what ?... I hoped to learn some new tricks here, you guys are good & I appreciate your work, I am a little more on the creative side, but TRUST ME you all would not want to pay the price that I have to be here, so do not be jealous.

Let's just keep it professional, not personal.
    nuff said.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Rex,

It is MORE than obvious that MRDETROITMETAL and STINGRAYSSTUDIO are one in the same. Same small, blurry chops. Same defensive comments about "What about design? Not technical aspects ...". Same toyota bashing. It is the SAME GUY!

You banned him once before for basically being an *ssh*le and p*ssing everybody else off. I'm wondering how long you'll put up with him this time around.

I still think he is a teenage pr*ck who likes to pretend he is an artist for GM. All he would have to do is send us to his company website, or post some photos of him standing next to his art posted up in Daytona or at any of these other great places. I've asked him to do as much (back when he was Stingray) but he never produced anything ... huh, imagine that?

Thanks

What did this guy do to make you all so angry? Is it just the "people like my designs" comments? Or am I missing something? What's the harm in letting the guy show off his artwork and advertise his ideas?

I mean, honestly, if you ignore the horrible JPEG compression and bizarre artifacts, the designs themselves don't look that bad. I've seen far worse. It just seems to me, and granted I'm a bit of an outsider in terms of these contests, but it seems to me like you've got an enthusiastic member here without the skills to back up his ideas... and instead of encouraging that kind of activity, you're just tearing him down.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

To, TUXMELVIN "and instead of encouraging that kind of activity, you're just tearing him down."

That doesn't seem too uncommon around these parts.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information