Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

  1. #1
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    before anyone says anything, this chop was not inspired by prova's and is only red because the car in the original picture was red.

    i was really happy with the way this one turned out. the only error i could find wat that smudge behind the rear tire, so just ignore that .

    **i used the bumper from an asc gto stinger, as well as the grilles and rocker panel. the side intake was from the ram air 6 concept, as was the cabin and rear fender hump. the side vent above the front wheel (as well as the wheels themselves) is off of the solstice weekend racer concept, and all of the vent-inserts are from the solstice at different angles. the only things i really left alone were the headlights and mirrors.**

    comments/suggestions welcome
    -camaroman22
    Last edited by camaroman22; 02-18-2006 at 02:48 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    7,874
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Needs the hood scoops! But otherwise, nice
    Hidden Content

    2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

  4. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Too much rice with all the vent scoops. The nose is an improvment.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Light Ind.
    Too much rice with all the vent scoops. The nose is an improvment.
    rice? have you seen the solstice "weekend racer" or the ram air 6? that's not rice, my friend, that's american muscle needing some air.

  7. #5
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC prova275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Good job, camaroman. Nice touch using the Solstice wheels, I hadn't thought of them. (until now!).

  8. #6
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Talking Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by prova275
    Good job, camaroman. Nice touch using the Solstice wheels, I hadn't thought of them. (until now!).
    thanks, at first i only had the ones on the ram air 6, but i figured more solstice wouldn't hurt (already had the grilles at that point). and anyways, they're better looking wheels .

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Needs the hood scoops!
    i'll look into that

  9. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    rice? have you seen the solstice "weekend racer" or the ram air 6? that's not rice, my friend, that's american muscle needing some air.

    Yes and thats why most of the ponti_knock line is weak. You say thats american muscle needing more air! its american muscle that is trying to look like an angry japanese kitchen appliance. The nose looks solid but the front fender vents..........looks like the typical ricer mod. The quarter vents.......meh. Maybe if the vents were alittle smaller and a fine stainless mesh instead of the honey-comb look.

    Ponti-knock really needs to update thier look.

  10. #8
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    rice is putting wings on the back that looks like it came out of a plane and colored like an easter egg. this is awsome and it does need some scoops somthin clean and not too exagerated like the way the z06 flows with the scoop or a shakerhood.

  11. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

  12. #10
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Rockville MD/ Columbus OH
    Posts
    3,528
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Nice, though still has the same styling problems that the current one has; it's still too much of a 90s jellybean.
    Proud driver of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    5.2 Magnum V8
    164,000 miles

  13. #11
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,751
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    I like the entire front end. I don't like anything else though. Cool headlights.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i


  14. #12
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs down Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Light Ind.
    You say thats american muscle needing more air! its american muscle that is trying to look like an angry japanese kitchen appliance. The nose looks solid but the front fender vents..........looks like the typical ricer mod. The quarter vents.......meh. Maybe if the vents were alittle smaller and a fine stainless mesh instead of the honey-comb look.

    Ponti-knock really needs to update thier look.
    the front fender vents let the engine give off some heat and cool down to perform better. it's on pretty much all the new high performance pontiacs, not to mention older firebird models:
    http://www.acarshow.com/u76ta.jpg
    http://jl-pix.tripod.com/transam.jpg
    http://www.jaypontiac.com/pontiac/GXP_GP.jpg

    ponti-knock? who are you kidding? this is a GM-oriented site, leave.

  15. #13
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    the front fender vents let the engine give off some heat and cool down to perform better. it's on pretty much all the new high performance pontiacs, not to mention older firebird models:
    http://www.acarshow.com/u76ta.jpg
    http://jl-pix.tripod.com/transam.jpg
    http://www.jaypontiac.com/pontiac/GXP_GP.jpg

    ponti-knock? who are you kidding? this is a GM-oriented site, leave.


    You don't want comments, then don't put up your chops. I'm not knocking your vision of what the GTO could look like. I don't drive a ponti-knock...(GM product)I drive a Camaro....(GM product) Read the post.....I said the nose looks solid but all the ricer vents is alittle much. I know this is a GM-oriented site genius. Are you just looking for absolute praise for your chops...OK it looks F$%^in awsome. Fell better now
    Last edited by Nor Light Ind.; 02-19-2006 at 04:00 PM.

  16. #14
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    5,174
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 34 Times in 16 Posts
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Why mess with projector headlamps for the larger halogen units?

    The arrow head on front is a nice touch it seems a little big.

    I agree hood scoops are needed.

  17. #15
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mid-Cycle GTO Makeover

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Light Ind.
    You don't want comments, then don't put up your chops. I'm not knocking your vision of what the GTO could look like. I don't drive a ponti-knock...(GM product)I drive a Camaro....(GM product) Read the post.....I said the nose looks solid but all the ricer vents is alittle much. I know this is a GM-oriented site genius. Are you just looking for absolute praise for your chops...OK it looks F$%^in awsome. Fell better now
    chill out, vents do not equal rice. accept it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Why mess with projector headlamps for the larger halogen units?
    The arrow head on front is a nice touch it seems a little big.
    I agree hood scoops are needed.
    the bulbs aren't really important to the chop, it's just the headlights' shape that i'm interested in.
    big arrowheads don't have to be bad...it just means you can tell its a pontiac from farther away.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2