Malibu and Enclave Teasers

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malibu and Enclave Teasers

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 ZHDesign57's Avatar
    Thanks

Malibu and Enclave Teasers

Alright, havent posted any designs here lately. Well, I will have bit more time to come here now, and not be so busy, with my new schedule. So, heres 2 teasers of vehicles I'm drawing. (Note: these are really rough, and just meant to get a general idea in, not really perspective correct, not to scale or anything...no wheels, etc. These are teasers.)

The first one is the 2012 Malibu. Now I know it says "concept", but it's a concept for the 2012 Malibu, that I designed. (Not a concept for the year 2012...) lol this is at least a Pre-production model...

So what I'm going for on the next-gen Malibu. I'm giving it curves, yes. Slim, sexy looking curves for the next Malibu. This car is inspired by waves, (Malibu is also a beach, so waves made sense to me.) and other Chevy design cues.
    This car is not going to look exactly like the '09 Nissan Maxima. (or the new Mazda6) before anyone says that. The car will be based on the Epsilon-II platform, Perhaps growing just a bit. Plus, when i mean inspired by waves, I don't mean a bunch of ripples in the body like the Mazda Concept cars as of late. So heres the teaser for that:

And... next is the Enclave. The next-gen Enclave will be on the Lambda platform. (hopefully they find a way to improve it some more twards the time of the next-gen Enclave.) It features new Buick design cues, as seen on the Riviera concept, and the Invicta. But, they are packaged into a nice elegant free-flowing package. I know the windows need work, but yeah this is rough too...I'll fix the windows. So heres the Enclave:

Constructive criticism welcome. I look forward to hearing your opinions and maybe taking some advice twards my designs. If some general things seem wrong about the teasers, let me know and i'll see what I can do on the finished project. Tell me what you'd like to see on the future of these vehicles.

Also, Tell me if you want me to bring the Malibu badge with the waves back too, because that is up for a yes or no vote. I was going to have the bowties on the front and back of the car, and the "Malibu badge" on the rear quarters as seen in the picture. If you don't like it tell me. Also, it's drawing is rough too...I know it kinda looks like flames in a circle but yeah supposed to be waves

Alright. I'll get back to sketching, cya later.
    Last edited by ZHDesign57; 08-04-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    "You can design a car, so every time you get in it, it's a relief - you have a little vacation." - Harley Earl

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,828 Times in 1,421 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 Envoy/'20 Colorado

Re: Malibu and Enclave Teasers

Sweet.
    Only thing I'd suggest is a bigger trunk for the Malibu.
    And yes, you should bring back the Malibu badge. Perhaps on the C-pillar.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
    2020 Chevrolet Colorado W/T Extended Cab (State-issued)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 1500 Z71

Malibu reminds me of the Insignia hatch. Nice!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nova Omega Ventura Apollo gets you NOVA, genius isn't it?

Occupy Wall Streeters should go occupy their homes...or a job...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

Oooh, I LOVE what I'm seeing on the Enclave! Keep up the good work.

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

I am really loving the enclave, it is still very classy looking, while adding just a bit of sport.

I am glad that you are incorporating the sweepspear, hopefully all future Buicks will adopt this design cue.

The Malibu is looking awesome as well, I like the flowing lines, I definately see the reference to waves in the design. I'm not the biggest fan of the placement of the malibu badge, I like the re-introduction of it, however, I think I would rather see it on the rear pillar or on the front fender, I guess think along the lines of a fender vent, but without the vent part. (I rather like when the character lines have a point of origin, rather than just fading away in the front fender...

I cannot wait to see what these are going to look like when you are finished!

-Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 ZHDesign57's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, the Malibu is coming along well. I've also been drawing the Enclave out, Thanks for all of the feedback!
    "You can design a car, so every time you get in it, it's a relief - you have a little vacation." - Harley Earl

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information