I'm not feeling well.........

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm not feeling well.........

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'm not feeling well.........

Tried to differenciate myself with a new angle and new curves and such. I used TorRed's Corvair Sketch as an Underlay, and came up with this.
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=53812

It's a Pontiac G5.

I know. The Wheel is a bit off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: I'm not feeling well.........

It's a nice improvement and a change from your normal work. But for perspective's like this there are rules, rules about proportion, the angle of the ellipses for the wheels, the vanishing points and all that. Drawings in this perspective can't just come out of the pencil and look correct, the rules must be followed.

By overlaying I believe you are getting a feel for this perspective, which is good, but the next step would be learning how to draw that way independently, and to do so you must learn the rules first.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
    It's a nice improvement and a change from your normal work. But for perspective's like this there are rules, rules about proportion, the angle of the ellipses for the wheels, the vanishing points and all that. Drawings in this perspective can't just come out of the pencil and look correct, the rules must be followed.

By overlaying I believe you are getting a feel for this perspective, which is good, but the next step would be learning how to draw that way independently, and to do so you must learn the rules first.

Would there be one or two vanishing points?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    From this perspective you probably only need one vanishing point. Note how TorRed lays down his guidelines first, even the brickwork groundcover acts as a perspective guide. Wouldn't hurt to do a light outline sketch and then rule in some vanishing point lines like TorRed does over the windows, hood etc.

BTW do you have a set of French Curves and Ellipses?

150 more drawings by TorRed:
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...archid=1663336

Last edited by MonaroSS; 08-23-2007 at 12:37 PM.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    There will be only one vanishing point, that's the one moving away from the sides and outlining the lines for the windshield, hood, headlight location etc... (i.e. towards the horizon line)

This is very crucial for a correct drawing. Guidelines are key, and the drawing can be drawn easier if you already have the design ready (i.e. from doodles or something). That way you just have to locate where everything should correctly go rather than design and sketch at the same time, which can be very frustrating.

Anyways I really like how Torred's inspiring yet another generation of new designers and sketchers! I was just like you a long time ago, staring at his sketches in awe and wondering if such amazingness was even possible. I still do that today, but I think it is possible.
    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-23-2007 at 12:42 PM.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information