I need your opinion on some sketches

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need your opinion on some sketches

Thanks

I need your opinion on some sketches

I have been doing some quick sketches of a new Xterra and I'm torn on which direction I should take the design. One is a little more conservative, closer to today's design with softer lines. It seems IMO to fit in better with Nissan's current design language.

Then I have something completely different. Inspired heavily by the Zaroot concept car (link), this Xterra looks more like a serious off-roader which is what the Xterra really should be. However it is more angular with harder edges the previous one so it might look out of place given Nissan's most recent designs.

And then I have a rear view, it's not really meant to be associated with either version though.

So which design should I go with. Now whatever direction I take, just remember that it needs to be a strong design because it's likely that this will end up in the portfolio I will sending out to colleges later this year.

And I also have penned some ideas for a completely redone Citroen C1. It's more upscale and chic than the current design and so far I like where it's headed. Some kinks need to worked out and I need to finalize the rear view but so far this is what I have. And any thoughts on the design would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, this has really nothing to do with anything but here's a Cadillac (I got bored in Greek class). ATS anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Buick LaCrosse

Re: I need your opinion on some sketches

Second Xterra, it looks BA and a good evolution while adding onto the current to make it more capable.
    First C1, but I'm not a fan of the huge grille with the circles on the sides, I'm not familiar with Citroen, and don't know if they are an existing design cue, but I'm not a huge fan.
    (Good sketch though)

Very nice Caddy, if we get your ATS with my Escalade, Caddy could be onto something.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS: 80,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    2002 Buick Park Avenue: 224,600 Miles
    1996 Buick Riviera: 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport: 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 12-6-2017

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I really like the headlights and duct work of your second design, but I feel the nose needs to be "chunkier" overall to better match the rest of it. There's something about the third one that really says "off-road" to me, but I don't love the headlights with it. Your rear view looks too fat and too close to today's version to really do anything for me.

That Cadillac just looks awesome.

Edit: The last one's growing on me...
    Last edited by 2648562; 05-27-2011 at 12:08 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

I can't contain my jealousy.

I couldn't drawn a stick man without instructions...

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Wolfn99's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Ford Focus ZX3

I love the grill on the Cadillac. It seems future Cadillacs are aiming for one big grill (similar to an Audi). However, I love the thin horizontal grill on that Cadillac.
    I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one.

Thanks

I'm green with jealous rage.

Your sketches are just amazing, such a natural style, good enough for me to be happy I didn't chose to do Industrial Design at uni (was on my list and easily had the marks) knowing that I would have been destroyed by this sort of work.

Second is my pick although I see how you're at a fork in the road with design directions. I'm not big on the staggered roofline at the top of the glasshouse, but maybe it's something fresh that I'd get used to. I like the back end too, classic Nissan Patrol.

Why are you studying Greek (as lovely a language, people, and culture as it is...) and not doing design? (I think you get the idea that I'm a fan)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Buick LaCrosse

Seeing your ATS got me thinking about a way to start moving Cadillac on from the A&S and then Bajabusta posted a Cadillac Historical vid on Youtube, and I got the perfect idea, now just have to figure a way to put it down on paper.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS: 80,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    2002 Buick Park Avenue: 224,600 Miles
    1996 Buick Riviera: 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport: 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 12-6-2017

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information