The Hummer "ROCKBOX"

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hummer "ROCKBOX"

Thanks

The Hummer "ROCKBOX"

Well, after seeing Fbodys Hummer/Chevy thing...I pulled this one out of the archives. It got alot of positive responses from the general public, so I thought maybe you guys MIGHT find it interesting too.

The Hummer Rockbox:

This one is on Image Shack...I am hoping the resolution will be better ? well, it is a little better, if you select the pix in it's original size it may improve the quaility ?...yes, it was designed as a Buick too..LOL ! I'll fix it to a HUMMER if you guys like it at all.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 03-13-2006 at 05:11 AM. Reason: to check the picture quality

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Hummer "ROCKBOX"

That looks like an SUV. This contest is for a Minivan/cross-over people mover. Generally not a 2 door.
    Instead of making LOTS of bad entries in the contest, why not actually spend more than 5 minutes on something and produce something that is GOOD.
    Also, please STOP posting about how much others have liked your work.
    We will be the judge of what we like, especially when it comes to the voting.
    You claim people love all your work, yet you have failed to get any real positive reviews here in the design contests and weekly chop contests.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    That looks like an SUV. This contest is for a Minivan/cross-over people mover. Generally not a 2 door.
    Instead of making LOTS of bad entries in the contest, why not actually spend more than 5 minutes on something and produce something that is GOOD.
    Also, please STOP posting about how much others have liked your work.
    We will be the judge of what we like, especially when it comes to the voting.
    You claim people love all your work, yet you have failed to get any real positive reviews here in the design contests and weekly chop contests.
    OK Rex, ...generally what you guys like here, the mass market audience does not. No offense, just fact. I still do not understand that ?...do you?

I will modify this pix to fit better into the contest parameters, it was just a thought that seemed to fit after that Hummer/Chevy thing of Fbody's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

1) Don't copy other people's works and ideas. What's the point of that? It's not like you took his idea and made it better. You didn't.

2) Our community of over 10,000 members here at GMI certainly is aware of "mass market" trends. You are not qualified enough to make the assumption that your work is better than you claim it to be. You can not judge that way.

This is a car enthusiast site. Ever hear of the term "playing to the audience"? They don't play Metallica at the Grand Old Opry.

Thanks

That thing is entirely too small to be a minivan. Nothing says, of course, that you have to have two doors on each side. I wonder why it took so long for them to come up with the brilliant concept that people might want to get out of the car on the OTHER side too.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

not to be overly harsh, but... where exactly are you getting these "positive reviews" from? that's just horrible.

and, of course, if the car doesn't fit the parameters or the current contest, what, really, is the point of posting it in here as opposed to, say, the readers' talent forum?

Thanks

LOL..first, i wonder too who was the brillant one who relaized that people might just want to get out or in on both sides.....as for "judgements", I make none, I have an audience (let's leave it at that) that are willing to preview my work. I value thier comments, as they have no connection, or any reason to even comment, except that the images I provide compell them to do so. They are just "folks" who offer thier thoughts, like you do. It is my understanding that for every 1 opinion offered there are 100,000 others who agree with that comment, including yours.

It is a BIG WORLD, and there IS something for everybody. Even if YOU do not get it yet, or never will. I do pictures that I do not judge, just put them out there to see what happens. It is very revealing. That's all.

As as far as "copying" someone else's work ??????...I have NO IDEA what you are refering to at all. This pix was of a Chevy Tahoe parked in some guy's driveway????????????? ....wat the F ! I SAID I WILL FIX IT.

I have NO understanding at all of your comments. THX.

BTW, I listen to Metallica & Chet Atkins too !...there is only 2 kinds of music,
    ...GOOD & BAD.

Cars are different, many people buy ugly cars & trucks, TOYOTA has made a killing on them !!!!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 03-13-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks

1) Don't copy other people's works and ideas. What's the point of that? It's not like you took his idea and made it better. You didn't.

2) Our community of over 10,000 members here at GMI certainly is aware of "mass market" trends. You are not qualified enough to make the assumption that your work is better than you claim it to be. You can not judge that way.

This is a car enthusiast site. Ever hear of the term "playing to the audience"? They don't play Metallica at the Grand Old Opry.
    Fix that, over 20,000. I don't think for one Hummer should have a minivan. Thats the last thing they need. If they get one, it better be very masculine and cool.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry but....this thing couldn't be any blurrier...
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

They don't play Metallica at the Grand Old Opry.
    they dont?! dang, now i have to find someone to sell my tickets to...

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL

Cars are different, many people buy ugly cars & trucks, TOYOTA has made a killing on them !!!!!
    toyotas arent ugly, just bland. The Aztek was ugly, did pontiac make a killing off of that?

if the camry was aztek ugly, the malibu would be singing: sunshine lilliopops and gumdrops....when we're together...

Thanks

The new FJ Cruiser is pretty darn ugly

Thanks

Omigod....for once you & I agree !

It had to happen sooner or later...LOL !

Thanks

Omigod....for once you & I agree 100% !

It had to happen sooner or later...LOL !

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information