HUMMER H-ZERO (Armoured Truck)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUMMER H-ZERO (Armoured Truck)

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

HUMMER H-ZERO (Armoured Truck)

Just a simple idea. Why not go bigger and stronger than a H1. Why can't we civilians have an Armoured Truck. I chopped it up and re assembled it into Armoured Truck proportions. I scaled down the door handles, mirrors, spare tire, shortened the rear, raised the roof, rescaled the wheels, and reworked the front door leading edge and bonnet. I also rescaled the curb-side.

The new 2009 GM Hummer H-Zero Up-Armoured Bagdad Runabout. Shown here to scale against a H3, note the door handles and fuel cap are same size on the H3 as on the big H-Zero. The H-Zero is 98 inches tall, 220 inches long with a 128 inch wheelbase. It has 1 ft more interior headroom than a H3, 1ft more interior width and 3 ft more interior length allowing for either a stretch limo layout or an expansive 3 row 9 seat layout.

Possible Drive-train: Diesel/Electric (like a Locomotive). A diesel/generator supplies power to four tractor electric motors (at each wheel) and to resupply the battery packs between the chassis rails. Electric Motors make Maximum Torque at zero revs, so this baby could climb over the H3 at the lights. With battering ram I-beam steel rails behind front and rear bumpers, Hydraulic suspension giving another 10 inches additional ground clearance on demand, and an engine snorkel, this IED resistant armour plated bank vault can go anywhere, anytime, against anything. It's the perfect family car for the school run and shopping mall car parks. LOL.

You can make cash transfers between banks after you drop off the kiddies at school.

Last edited by MonaroSS; 10-28-2006 at 11:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: HUMMER H-ZERO (Armoured Truck)

is there anything different about this? ijust rather confused
    L.G. Fuad

Thanks

It only looks like it was stretched veritcally and squished horizontally.

Hidden Content
    Current - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS, 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    "Flip off the sky with bleeding fingers till I die!" - Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

I see lots of work here.. nice job...

don't know about the color though.. try doig it up as an armored vehicle... like the one you pictured. now that would be cool!

remove the rear door and the rear windows... give that a shot and you might have a really interesting idea for the contest

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_freak
    I see lots of work here.. nice job...

don't know about the color though.. try doig it up as an armored vehicle... like the one you pictured. now that would be cool!

remove the rear door and the rear windows... give that a shot and you might have a really interesting idea for the contest
    Hi cmaro_freak,

Something like this better?

Thanks

cool idea, don't care for the color though, it'd probably look best in black. i think what camaro_freak meant was make it almost like a panel van. the rearmost sied window should be paneled and i think the backseat window will be ok at normal size, good try though on the purple one . the proportion changes are perfect...except you didn't (at least it doesn't appear that you did) change the front at all. if you really wanna nail that armored truck look you should make the hood slanted kinda like the one on the GMC Topkick and Chevy Kodiak .

nice work, but you still got a bit to go
    -camaroman22

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    cool idea, don't care for the color though, it'd probably look best in black. i think what camaro_freak meant was make it almost like a panel van. the rearmost sied window should be paneled and i think the backseat window will be ok at normal size, good try though on the purple one . the proportion changes are perfect...except you didn't (at least it doesn't appear that you did) change the front at all. if you really wanna nail that armored truck look you should make the hood slanted kinda like the one on the GMC Topkick and Chevy Kodiak .

nice work, but you still got a bit to go
    -camaroman22
    camaroman is right.. totally ditch the rear glass.. and make it gray or white instead in color.. then add some badging on the doors.. maybe coming up with something on your own.

Thanks

this is more what I was suggesting pardon the roughness.. I'm just giving you some ideas

Last edited by camaro_freak; 10-28-2006 at 12:35 AM.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

this is more what I was suggesting pardon the roughness.. I'm just giving you some ideas

Hi camaro_freak,

That's a great pic.

I'm not actually going for a commercial armoured truck theme like that, rather a super sized armoured passenger vehicle is what I'm playing with. A monster armoured bling vehicle that can pull up at the red carpet at Academy Awards and out gets some superstar. My Black version is getting closer.

But you should start a new thread and enter that pic as a joint entry by you and me. I haven't seen any rules against a joint entry, have you?

Last edited by MonaroSS; 10-28-2006 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks

oh.. I see a personal armored vehicle... wow that is really excessive but PERFECT for the Hollywood crowd

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

oh.. I see a personal armored vehicle... wow that is really excessive but PERFECT for the Hollywood crowd
    Yes. But I think my Hummer Half Track concept is even more excessive.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 LeSabre's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice! I like the black one. I understood you were going for an armored truck for consumers & not for commercial usage. Though I spose it could be anyway.

I could just picture gangs having one of these that have some kind of disagreement or whatever w/someone & doing drive-by shootings from one of these. I know its a rather negative thought, but its a realistic probability.
    IF It's A Chevrolet & RWD, Don't ride in it!!!

ALL Chevy's NEED to be FWD/F-AWD!!!

If it's a Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Don't ride in/drive it!!

__________________________________________________ __

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeSabre
    Nice! I like the black one. I understood you were going for an armored truck for consumers & not for commercial usage. Though I spose it could be anyway.

I could just picture gangs having one of these that have some kind of disagreement or whatever w/someone & doing drive-by shootings from one of these. I know its a rather negative thought, but its a realistic probability.
    Hi LeSabre,

Thanks, you just doubled the potential market base for this vehicle. Go marketing Guru!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 LeSabre's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroSS
    Hi LeSabre,

Thanks, you just doubled the potential market base for this vehicle. Go marketing Guru!!
    LMAO! You're welcome...I think.
    IF It's A Chevrolet & RWD, Don't ride in it!!!

ALL Chevy's NEED to be FWD/F-AWD!!!

If it's a Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Don't ride in/drive it!!

__________________________________________________ __

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea Camaro_freak gave to you MonaroSS.

It's kinda hard to tell that it is supposed to be a personal armored vehicle (because usually you are not supposed to be able to tell).

Maybe you should do the brinks idea, or another company with armored vehicles.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information