HD/STINGRAY BUS (work in progress)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HD/STINGRAY BUS (work in progress)

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

HD/STINGRAY BUS (work in progress)

Now before you all go off about ALL the problems here with this picture, ...and after you stop laughing long enough to actually see what's there.

This was actually not my own concept but is a work in progress on the "bustonomy" posts by Evan

Yes I know it is terrible...a very rough smudge-job, so you don't need to say so again & again !... aw-iht ?

I know I got guts for posting )(&* like this...and....obviously I can take the heat, and I am sure it will not be the final picture that is used or the perspective (what perspective, the woobly wheel perspective ?? ! ) ...many of you expreseed some interest (and I hope this does not kill it-LOL) in the next contest having to do with trucks and buses.

It ain't as easy to do as a car, but it can be done. This mess took a few minutes to throw together, out of curiosity mostly. But I actually think it could work...ya'know with a lounge and a jacuzzi in the back heated by the engines , maybe a jetski underneath and some really nice babe's inside !!!

Heck of a Party Bus too !
    There is a whole brave new world of possibilities in this area for design !!

So you think you can do better...OK, then...
    STOP LAUGHING NOW !!!!
    Last edited by STINGRAYSSTUDIO; 02-14-2006 at 06:34 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: HD/STINGRAY BUS (work in progress)

Please don't use this forum for off-topic posts.
    That's what the "Reader's Talent" section is for.
    This area ia only for contest related posts.

Furthermore, your "in progress" stuff really sucks. Please post only completed stuff, or risk being blasted.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

It was a joke REX...a joke !...have you guys got no humor ?
    Yes I am working on the idea, for myself and if a contest comes up for it OK ?
    I just tought this looked so funny as is that I had to share.
    so it's twisted...LOL...oh well, I thought it was fun !!! ...and funny too !

OK, you can remove the thread if you like...as you said "talent section" and as I am still new here, wad' I know huh ?...oh well no offense ment pal, btw, your chevelle was nice !

aehhhhh...whatever you want big guy !
    Last edited by STINGRAYSSTUDIO; 02-14-2006 at 07:29 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I'm with REX your stuff does suck!

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsteve
    I'm with REX your stuff does suck!
    You guys are hard to figure sometimes, when I finish a pix you wanted to see where it started from, when I show you a start you hate it, well I did not intend for you to like it at all, it was so funny looking I had to share it.

Now, I will finish it up and show you the final pix, and then make a judgement.
    I was just looking for some wild ideas to add here, that's all. Imagination. You have to be able to have fun with your art, and poke fun at yourself too !

This is a viable concept...and considering this start a bit of a challenge to make it look right too. I will, don't worry. Your opinions on my techniques are well documented, and so what ? I can make it work, and that's all that counts.

I only ask for some fun ideas, maybe that is more than some of you are capable of right now ? I am serious about this and have the ability to play with ideas until they work. Just thought I would offer a chance to play around a bit in between your "contests".

NBD, if not K ? ...I will post a final when it's acceptable.
    Last edited by STINGRAYSSTUDIO; 02-14-2006 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by STINGRAYSSTUDIO
    You guys are hard to figure sometimes, when I finish a pix you wanted to see where it started from, when I show you a start you hate it, well I did not intend for you to like it at all, it was so funny looking I had to share it.

Now, I will finish it up and show you the final pix, and then make a judgement.
    I was just looking for some wild ideas to add here, that's all. Imagination. You have to be able to have fun with your art, and poke fun at yourself too !

This is a viable concept...and considering this start a bit of a challenge to make it look right too. I will, don't worry. Your opinions on my techniques are well documented, and so what ? I can make it work, and that's all that counts.

I only ask for some fun ideas, maybe that is more than some of you are capable of right now ? I am serious about this and have the ability to play with ideas until they work. Just thought I would offer a chance to play around a bit in between your "contests".

NBD, if not K ? ...I will post a final when it's acceptable.
    THIS IS A CONTEST SECTION!!!!..It dosen't matter if your trying to be funny, this is not the appropriate spot to post your random *****!. Don't you understand?..is it too much for you to comprehend? I know your mind is filled with soooo many car designs (sarcarsim..oh god sarcasim!)..and your always trying to figure the most annoying format to post with every other word being bold and underlined and in italics all at once..what gives man? your designs arnt all that great, stop speaking of yourself like your something great and take a moment to look at other peoples work that is actually good..take note..try and learn something..limit your posts to once a month and no more then 3 sentences (and no bold, italics, 25Font, or underlining!!)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 TrailblazerSS90's Avatar
    Thanks

Please Stop Using Filters It Makes Them Look Like Dog S-h-i-t

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Quote Originally Posted by TrailblazerSS90
    Please Stop Using Filters It Makes Them Look Like Dog S-h-i-t
    no filters, he is simply pushing the pixels around with the "smudge" tool.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar bouda's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting choice of rims. Dare to be different!

Thanks

When we say show us what you started with, we meant the actual pic of the bus (non-photoshopped) and the donor car.

And a tip: The blur tool is good only in minor amounts, when you use it to blend eveything together, it makes a messy. Try using the eraser tool instead on 0% hardness and about 75% opacity.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

.......Whatever, why not comment on how funny it looks..if anything (nice wheels) my technique is not relevant ..have you ever molded clay to form a design ? (smudge)...
    It is just my method...got any crazy ideas for a Party Bus ?

That would be worth hearing, becuse i'm an idoit child who did not get a manual when contributing to this site, ...???

Go look @ Evan's "Bustonomy"...that' where this came from. We just are playing around with his idea, for the sake of doing it..not competition.
    Ideas are good,...good ideas that is ! ... even good ideas for bad pictures !!

A Land Yacht ?...c'mon i already messed up posting the darn thang, ...
    play with it for fun. Roll wid 'it or ferget'it 'n leave it alone...

SO I SUCK, ...so..this is just a collabotative "loose jam" riff. ????NBD.
    Last edited by STINGRAYSSTUDIO; 02-14-2006 at 04:51 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC FearTheDodo's Avatar
    Thanks

dude, you are KILLING me
    Hidden Content
    "Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."

Thanks

I think every one hates it wether it looks ok or not. Just because you started with such a bad reputation here. And you did that to yourself. Bit it was all miscommunication on what to do in the contest, you ended up blowing it out of porportion. Take alot more practice in smudging and blurring. This isn't good.

Thanks

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

You asked for feedback. I bit my tonge. Then you started getting upset asking for more comments (and changing fonts again). Okay. Here are my comments.

I didn't find it funny. I found it more annoying.

PLEASE take a lesson from Torrid. He takes his time with his concepts and when he posts, he posts the final picture in the first post. And then (please pay attention) he then describes his concept in a single sentence (usually, something like "I was sketching over lunch. Here is a Firebird.") He then lets the picture speak for itself, and he doesn't find it necessary to come back repeatedly to comment on other peoples comments on his work.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information