Got Bored, Did another 5th Gen Firebird Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got Bored, Did another 5th Gen Firebird Concept

Thanks

Got Bored, Did another 5th Gen Firebird Concept

I got bored again (awaiting my new engine for my bird), so did once again another design for a 5th Gen Firebird/Transam. This time did a evolution between a 1978 Bandit and a 2002 Firebird, also did a KITT for fun....

hope you like it

check link for my previous designs:
    http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...oah2u/designs/

greetings,
    Manoah van der Wolf

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Got Bored, Did another 5th Gen Firebird Concept

they look good. some of the parts are alittle blurry but thats ok. and i would say take some more time on the lasso for the stripes.

Thanks

No if only GM would listen and build a 2 dr Pontiac Zeta.
    Old friends long gone
    Camaro '69 SS, '74, '79 Z-28, '81 Z-28, '88 IROC, '91 Z-28, '98 Z-28.
    Monte Carlo '74, '77, '81

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Firebird00's Avatar
    Thanks

Good job. Very cool. Too bad GM doesn't have the testicular fortitude to give us a car like that.
    "The only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash babayyyyy!!!" David Lee Roth

Thanks

While those look good and your talents are great, I dont know if this is the direction I want the new firebird/gto to go in. I read an interesting article in this months High Performace Pontiac interviewing one of the head designers for the Firebird's GTA development group, and he said he thinks Chevy should go retro, it'd fit them better than Pontiac, which needs to be fresh with new designs...like the solstice.
    Hidden Content

Firebird1324- Mr.Goodwrench-In-Training

The Wheels-
    1991 Pontiac Firebird (5.7)
    1993 Chevy Caprice Classic Wagon (5.7)
    1976 Cadillac DeVille (8.2)
    1985 Yamaha QT50 Moped (.05)

Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

Thanks

The middle one is pretty cool IMO, it seems to have a little to much going on but I still like it!

Thanks

which needs to be fresh with new designs...like the solstice.
    if they need to have fresh designs, then why do they put a pontiac logo and GTO badge on a 4 year old holden (which basically is just a veauxhall vectra) and do it again with the G8?

the firebird never should've been dropped, if it would still be around, they wouldnt be 'in trouble'.

and according to me, the solstice is not truly pontiac. i kinda like the car, but it isnt pontiac (offcourse not if its a copy of the saturn sky). though it is nice having somewhat of a faint rebirth of a fiero....

pontiac needs the cars which it needed in the good old days which made pontiac such a 'big' brand, GTO, LE MANS, FIREBIRD, TRANSAM, GRAND AM, BONNEVILLE, WAGON, etc.

A fresh firebird (and it should be retro as it simply will work) is what pontiac needs, as well as a fresh GTO or a better done grand prix (instead of this G8 bmw-wannabe luxury car). Pontiac is a sports brand, the stronger and faster brand, not suddenly try to become a more luxury brand which only will point it to its demise.....
    there will be no greater promotion and commerce for pontiac as a rebirth of the firebird, only the name (phoenix rising from the ashes) is enough to get it there, imagine actually putting the car in the showroom!

the 'authorities' THINK we dont need or want such a car, and we want simple and familiar styling, but what we really need is something 'new' and fun!. Didn't pontiac use to have the slogan: Pontiac. We build Excitement?
    how can a holden monaro with a pontiac badge be 'exciting', the solstice is only exciting to young blondes with a rich old 'boyfriend', or for barbershop Fags....

but it'll probably will be just me and my imagination......
    Last edited by Cliffhanger; 05-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks

now updated it with a matching rear.......

Thanks

if the firebird ever returns, it should follow the curvy, organic lines of the solstice and 4th gen firebird. retro's cool to look at, but if it doesn't remotely resemble anything else in the lineup, what's the point.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 EldoFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Now this concept is SICK, especially the KITT version!!

Only nitpicks I have are in regards to the decklid spoiler.....it needs to be trimmed down a bit and the wheels........the mags look totally out of character for a design this new/fresh, I much prefer the ones in the second series of pics.......otherwise, great job!!

I don't exactly agree w/you on bringing the Firebird back though......

With Pontiac slowly returning to it's performance roots and moving slightly upscale at the same time (as witnessed with the G8), I would welcome a GT type sports/muscle coupe like the GTO back into the fold and it would make sense, given that it would be positioned further upscale than the Camaro.

What would be the point then of the Firebird coming back? If it had all the same engine options, but just warmed over sheet metal and a different interior, how could the General justify charging a premium for this over the Camaro?? The only point I see in GM bringing the Firebird back, is to make an attempt to steal more sales away from Ford and the Mustang......and to really sock it to Dodge and the Challenger.

If Pontiac is serious about resurrecting the Firebird, they'll have to do it with unique styling for once (like these concepts here......Damn!) and truly unique performance/handling to set it apart from the Camaro..........I don't know how they could do it, but it would be the only viable way in my mind that they could justify bringing the 'bird back.

In any event, at least Pontiac isn't comitting sacrilege like Dodge and giving the 'bird an extra set of doors and a ****ty interior like a certain other automobile......
    Last edited by EldoFan; 06-12-2007 at 07:55 PM.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,521 Times in 4,158 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

I like this one. Id does not have a pronounced beak

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

this is the best one yet of your attempts... a bit rough around the edges/blurry

...but I really like where you are going!!!

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information