GMI Company

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMI Company

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

GMI Company

CamaroChris came up with a brilliant idea yesterday.Create our own brand! Something I've been mulling over and over in my own head.Theres certainly no shortage of talent.I've seen some great chops,drawings and designs with a wide range of style and technique.Anyone interested in creating this company please send me or CamaroChris (if he wants to be a part of this) a PM.
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: GMI Company

Something like this?
    Last edited by TahoeMikeZ71; 08-05-2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Modified version

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

something like that.we'd all have to agree on what type of brand this company should be.Low price , high volume like Chevy,Ford,Toyota,etc or near luxury like Buick,Acura,Volvo;sporty like Cadillac,Bmw,Infinti,etc, or really up there like Rolls Royce or Bugatti.and a name of course.
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Not sure what you mean by company but if I understand correctly you will be taking other companies ideas and changing them in Photoshop and putting the GMI company logo on them? I design all types of different print advertisements for a living and it's fun to Photoshop things for fun and show them to your buddies but if it's ever more serious than that you will be treading on thin ice quickly. People who design things for real production tend to take their results serious and don't usually appreciate people taking their ideas while making minor changes and claiming them as their own.

Not to sound like a downer but that's the facts. Now if you guys want to do that and design cars from the ground up without starting with someone elses design then I'm all for it.

Thanks

LMAO, if it takes off I'll hop on board talent wise, but ONLY if Mgescuro runs it he's 'da best' on this website and I'd invest in his efforts! honestly, I thought you were talking about a magazine company or something. there is NO WAY it'll become a car company, but i wouldn't mind writing for it!

CobaltSScrazy

Thanks

company? I am confused. what would it be?
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSScrazy
    LMAO, if it takes off I'll hop on board talent wise, but ONLY if Mgescuro runs it he's 'da best' on this website and I'd invest in his efforts! honestly, I thought you were talking about a magazine company or something. there is NO WAY it'll become a car company, but i wouldn't mind writing for it!

CobaltSScrazy
    you're like a 12 year old, and i'm not sure how much talent you'd be bringing once you decide to hop on the bandwagon. the idea sounds interesting though, i have some ideas.

Thanks

i love it! we definitely can get this going.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Thanks

Name? Suavass. Combines "supreme lavish class", aka superior luxury brand.

Brand? Formal luxury brand, $50,000-$100,000 range.

Competition? Porsche, BMW, Infiniti, Aston Martin.

First Model? A luxurious supercoupe, sized around the Infiniti G37/BMW 3-Series coupes. Pricing should be no higher than $65,000, and should produce about 480 horsepower, and that would be the base model.

Upper trim? U. BMW has M, Audi has Quattro, Cadillac has V. U, standing for "ultimate", would be the higher-up trim to the model.

It's just an idea, I don't care if you hate it, but at least consider something along the lines of this. GM covers off-roader, low-mid-priced luxury, sport, economy, but no upper-class luxury. This could fill the gap.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

meh, not a fan of this idea, rather spend time drawing for companies that exist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    you're like a 12 year old, and i'm not sure how much talent you'd be bringing once you decide to hop on the bandwagon. the idea sounds interesting though, i have some ideas.
    at least i'm not some old fogey who does chops and criticizes other ppl to make up for a lack in certain areas and has no life... .

btw- I'm 20 and a junior in college and this is my way to talk cars and my 'out' and my venting space (within reason) so if you can't appreciate that, ***** off or just ignore my substantial contributions to GMI. Though I may be over-zealous with some of my posts I consistantly have well thought out ideas and present my own (and Gen Y's opinion) on a myriad of topics. you might buy 3 more cars in your lifetime...I on the other handle will probably purchase 10-35 more depending on how successful i end up being. shove that up your tailpipe!

CobaltSScrazy

and PS: I go to one of the most highly competitive schools, ...and excel there! U-M Ann Arbor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSScrazy
    at least i'm not some old fogey who does chops and criticizes other ppl to make up for a lack in certain areas and has no life... .

btw- I'm 20 and a junior in college and this is my way to talk cars and my 'out' and my venting space (within reason) so if you can't appreciate that, ***** off or just ignore my substantial contributions to GMI. Though I may be over-zealous with some of my posts I consistantly have well thought out ideas and present my own (and Gen Y's opinion) on a myriad of topics. you might buy 3 more cars in your lifetime...I on the other handle will probably purchase 10-35 more depending on how successful i end up being. shove that up your tailpipe!

CobaltSScrazy

and PS: I go to one of the most highly competitive schools, ...and excel there! U-M Ann Arbor
    i'll admit that the talent remark was unneccesary and a low blow of sorts, i know you're not twelve, that's why i said ''like 12,'' but the LMAOs and the oddly placed unneccesarily emphasized words via CAPLOCK are embarassing. i'm 17 and a senior in high school, so i'm not sure where you're coming from calling me ''some old fogey.'' this is the internet, talking trash as you just did is unfounded and juvenile.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    let's get back on topic, here's a chop demonstrating some ideas i have for the brand design-wise:

comments welcome
    Last edited by camaroman22; 08-05-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

that car is hot!!!!!!!

Thanks

thanks chris, i saw an old 80s ford(?) somethin or other day with very slim headlights placed low on the front end, these really look nothing like the ones i saw, but that's where i got the inspiration for them.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

lol. interesting idea...we DO have some talent. lol
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information