Hey All .. I had an entry in the Contest #112, but I kept playing with my designs even after I submitted my entry, and would like to get feedback on my newer versions.
So here is the original picture:
this was my entry in the contest:
Then I started playing with different profile ..
Started with this:
And this is for now a final version:
So what did I change?
Well for V5 this was done:
- spoiler delete
- antenna delete
- rear sidemarket delete
- trunk keyhole delete
- bumper reverse lights relocated to tail lights
- added trunk handle
- changed the cutlines on the door
- changed the rear bumper cutline for a cleaner profile (my biggest pet peeve with the Cobalt/G5)
- RWD - short fron overhang
- revised front bumper cutline
- dual exhaust
- red accents on the wheels.
- I cleaned out (some) the area around the added (right) exhaust
- fixed some isues with the fron edge of the door
- changed the profile of the rear quarter window
- I liked the new greenhouse shape, but it did not flow with the rest of the car. - SO I got to work on V7
- I shortenned the rear overhang, making the coupe into a 3door Hatch
- I changed the profile of the rear windhield, to flow better with the new rear quarter window
- I moved the added (right) exhaust closer to the edge - to better reflect where it should be.
- Cleaned up - over the many edits and saves, some parts of the car were becoming way too blurry and pixelated - so I paster parts of the original picture, and re-did the mods - all in one shot, and thus they were less pixelated.
- I especially re-did the edge of the trunk - it was not clean in V5 and V6 .. and while not perfect, I believe V7 is much better.
I did all this in MS Paint - I have PS, but not on this computer, and I have been trying to see how well and how much can I chop this car with Paint - without help of computer tricks - there are definitely things I cannot do, and there were a lot of pieces, that were a PITA because of Paint limitations. Also you can see on the shrubbery in the background, that I ran out of kills in bleting the mod-cut-lines in there ... or I was simply lazy.
Let me know what you think of the concepts, and the execution, and how could I improve it.