Firebird Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

View Poll Results: DO YOU LIKE THE "SHOPPER" ELEMENTS IN THE CONCEPT?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES TO CONCEALED "SHOPPING CART".

1 6.67%
  • YES TO "ROLL DOWN RAMP" TRUNK.

0 0%
  • NO TO "SHOPPING CART".

4 26.67%
  • NO TO "ROLL DOWN RAMP".

5 33.33%
  • NO TO ENTIRE "SHOPPER" CONCEPT.

9 60.00%
  • YES TO ENTIRE "SHOPPER" CONCEPT.

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebird Concept

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Firebird Concept

THIS IS MY DESIGN FOR A "QUICK READY MADE" FIREBIRD CONCEPT...

DESIGN TO PRODUCTION SHOULD BE VERY QUICK, CONCEPT IS BASED ON THE
    CURRENT GTO, CHOPPED & SHORTEND TO REMOVE 1/3 OF THE PLATFORM.
    RWD, V-8 W/ 4-SPEED ONLY, OR SUPERCHARGED ECOTEC 4 W/6-SPEED ...(NO 6CYL OPTION UNTIL LATER, THEN A TURBOCHARGED V-6 (TURBO TRANS-AM).

THIS DESIGN HAS SEVERAL UNIQUE FEATURES, ..FOLDING "TARGA TOP" ROOF PANELS, CENTER CONSOLE W/4 BUCKET SEATS, FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS FORMS FLAT CARGO AREA TO TRUNK. FOLD OUT & DOWN TRUNK FORMS A RAMP TO LOAD CARGO. SHOPPING CART INCLUDED IN TRUNK TRAY, ROLLS OUT AND CAN BE STORED BACK IN CONCEALED COMPARTMENT OR LOCKED IN PLACE BEHIND FRONT SEATS, CAN DOUBLE AS A PET CARRIER.

DIMENSIONS CLOSE TO THE 1969 FIREBIRD SIZE, 19" WHEELS W/ EMBOSSED "FIREBIRD" LOGO ON DOMED AND VENTED CHROME DISK W/ BOLTS AROUND THE EDGE. PAINT DESIGN IS TWO TONE, BASIC COLOR W/ACCENT "OUTLINE" OVER THE ENTIRE BODY. (SHOWN AS PURPLE W/RED ACCENT).

SPLIT-GRILLE DESIGN "SPEARHEAD" DOME IN HOOD, 3 LONG PARALELL LOZENGE SHAPED TAILIGHTS, FIREBIRD SHAPED EXHAUST TIPS (DUAL). THIS IS NOT A "TRANS AM" DESIGN, BASIC FIREBIRD. PRICED AROUND 20-25,000 BUCKS.

YES, GM HAS THIS ONE !...YOUR TURN !

"STINGRAY"
    [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Firebird Concept

Good drawing but....

Turn it off!

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't see any details in the car at all with all of those filters on.
    Looks to me like an older Honda Prelude. Nothing about it says Firebird.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Can you do anything other than filters on photoshop?

Thanks

Persoanlly I will stick with this!

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

shoot. how do you change your reply to a poll? the shopping cart is pretty dumb, sorry. i also don't see a need for a roll-down ramp, especially in a sports car. maybe an SUV, or a wagon, perhaps, but not a sportscar.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 gm_scott's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the features would be better suited in a minivan, or a crossover.

Thanks

Looks cool...but how about a normal picture?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac Ninja

AMEN to that! I wouldn't want a car so blurry that would make me think I need glasses whenever I saw it.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

I see grand prix or gto in it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac Ninja

I'm with you on this one. The other is terrible

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsteve
    I'm with you on this one. The other is terrible
    OK, Look you all are not seriously THINKING, you show me a pix of a "Camaro" rip-off, and say this is a "Firebird" ???..lol !!!

That is the type of thought process that got GM in trouble today !!!

The Camaro and Firebird need to appeal to DIFFERENT markets, similar yes, but not the SAME !!!...do you see 2 Corvette's ??????

NO.

Never happen.

So,......why do you want to repeat past mistakes ? Design is more than just pretty pictures (or filtered ones...lmao !, because this one was hand drawn !)
    The new Firebird must appeal to a different segment than the Camaro, which was put out as a conceptual "muscle car".

The previous Firebird was ment to be a bit more "upscale" than the Camaro, like the Cougar to the Mustang, therefore, now today it has to go after the "import" markets, Eclipse, Accord, Corrola, see what I'm saying ? ....this concept is a "regular" Firebird, NOT A TRANS-AM !!!!.

This is someting designed to be between a "rice burner" and a modern "hatchback", with an appeal to the everyday utility of an SUV/Crossover in a sportscar design. Hey it's "a chick car", if you will, so c'mon dudes,
    get your brains out of your pants and think about the real world.

Your mother is not gonna buy a "Trans-Am" !!!....this car she will think about, because it's sporty, and it can "shop til you drop". That is money in the bank for GM, and something no other car presently offers. A unique marketing stance in a crowded market.

This is the type of thinking GM needs now, not the past, the future.

When you get around to "catching up" with the reality of today, let me know ....huh?

Thanks

OK, Look you all are not seriously THINKING, you show me a pix of a "Camaro" rip-off, and say this is a "Firebird" ???..lol !!!
    The Firebird will always look like the Camaro of the same generation. If it didnt then it wouldnt be a firebird. Just like a new fiero wouldnt be a new fiero if it wasnt mid engined.

Not to mention their "Camaro Rip Off" is no more of a rip off than your Firebird from a GTO.
    Last edited by 80ssportlover; 02-06-2006 at 03:07 AM.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 80ssportlover
    The Firebird will always look like the Camaro of the same generation. If it didnt then it wouldnt be a firebird. Just like a new fiero wouldnt be a new fiero if it wasnt mid engined.

Not to mention their "Camaro Rip Off" is no more of a rip off than your Firebird from a GTO.
    HEY, LISTEN I DID'NT MEAN TO CALL YOUR FIRERO A "LEMON" JUST CUZ OF THE COLOR, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHASE ME AROUND EVERY THREAD I START TO "EVEN UP" OK? TRUTH IS THAT I LOVE THE GT FIRERO, AND WAS JUST "JOKING" AROUND WITH YOU ABOUT THE COLOR...LOL !!!

SO, NOW TELL ME WHY THE CAMARO AND FIREBIRD "ALWAYS " HAVE TO LOOK THE SAME?....
    Did'nt GM do that already?...and it failed too ! Today's auto market is so, so fragmented into little "niche" segments that it is getting hard to define a "type" of car. If you sell one model in a segment, what makes you think that there is room and sales for two !!!!...I do not see 2 Mustangs yet, just varient's on one basic design.

Sorry, but the past is the past and will not ever be again. The new Firebird cannot afford to "compete" with the Camaro, if BOTH are to succeed as seperate idenities and brands. If you are so "retro" then you must love that Dodge Challenger "rebake", personally it does nothing for me at all, but you can't expect a "cuda" too ?

Similar but seprate, is the "CONCEPT" of this Firebird design. Yes, it is based on a GTO/HOLDEN platform, chopped & channelled to a smaller size (import size), with American muscle underneath!...that is a true Firebird. Upscale from the Camaro in refined and subtle design and defined purpose for "family" use.

Change is good !

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

dude, i have to have my caps locked.....OR ELSE MY TEETH WOULD FALL OUT !!!!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information