Finished my new song

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finished my new song

Thanks

Exclamation Finished my new song

here's the link

its the first song and should begin playing automatically.

listen to it, add me, whatever. just PLEASE post in this thread if you check it out.
    -camaroman22

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 flashisflamable's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Finished my new song

its really rough man, off rhythm when you (edit?) 2 different parts together, and lots of background noise

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flashisflamable
    lots of background noise
    the pops you hear at different parts of the song are because i just use a regular mic with no 'pop filter'. and sometimes when the music seems 'scratchy' it's because i had to amplify it on the program i use to have the volume levels match enough.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Swahili's Avatar
    Thanks

Asides from the recording quality or whatever, I think it's good man. My personal take is that it's a more melodic sounding song, I think it would sound a little better and flow a little easier if you slowed the tempo down some.

Keep working on it though! I'm going to pick up a program for the computer to edit some stuff too, I've been playing around with my acoustic and my electric so I'm going to try and put some stuff together. Keep up the good work!
    Hidden Content

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Black, 3800 Series II V6, 4 speed automatic - 150,500km.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

the transitions seem rough .. you seem to have a lot of themes going on and switching between them .. I personally like the very last bit with a bit of spanish rhythm to it with which you conclude the song.

I am not too great about judging acoustic only songs, as I am more a poet than a musician, but it seemed somewhat disorganized...

The poet in me is asking: what is the story? Is there one?

Igor

Thanks

www.myspace.com/technicolordreamcast

check it out....its not serious....its for fun

Your stuff sounds good but its just a little rough and sounds like a bunch of stuff put together

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

The beginning sounds like your tuning your guitar.

The music sounds middle eastern.

The middle isn't bad but it does sound familiar..

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

I just figured it out.. The middle part sounds like Journey's "seperate ways".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttple
    I just figured it out.. The middle part sounds like Journey's "seperate ways".
    i heard that on the drive home from getysburg sunday and i LOVED the intro. i figured out the 'scaling' of the 3 strings from the very beginning on my own, no tabs , and then lowered it by about 10 frets...then because the secondary guitar's part was kinda boring(same note, just pm's and some scratchy technique) i used a melody (right word?) that i had previously written that was set to a different strum pattern (i used it in 0:12 - 0:24). everything else in the song was completemy my own, no inspiration, at least none that was as conscious as that. the 'solo' bit was somewhat derived from bit of another song i'm working on now, and the 'spanish thing' that closes the song was my attempt at an orchestra-sound from a guitar .
    -camaroman22
    Last edited by camaroman22; 08-25-2006 at 08:43 AM.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    i heard that on the drive home from getysburg sunday and i LOVED the intro. i figured out the 'scaling' of the 3 strings from the very beginning on my own, no tabs , and then lowered it by about 10 frets...then because the secondary guitar's part was kinda boring(same note, just pm's and some scratchy technique) i used a melody (right word?) that i had previously written that was set to a different strum pattern (i used it in 0:12 - 0:24). everything else in the song was completemy my own, no inspiration, at least none that was as conscious as that. the 'solo' bit was somewhat derived from bit of another song i'm working on now, and the 'spanish thing' that closes the song was my attempt at an orchestra-sound from a guitar .
    -camaroman22
    Actually, I do like what you did with the "seperate ways" part... Even though it's not original, I do like what you did with it. I'm obviously no music expert but I would take the advice of others here and work on the transition and so on. The good thing is you are able to take constructive critisism and will get better as you go along. Keep it up..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttple
    Actually, I do like what you did with the "seperate ways" part... Even though it's not original, I do like what you did with it. I'm obviously no music expert but I would take the advice of others here and work on the transition and so on. The good thing is you are able to take constructive critisism and will get better as you go along. Keep it up..
    thanks, but once i finish a song, it's done, and i'm on to the next one. just like the foo fighters .

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information