Escalade EXT chop

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Escalade EXT chop

Thanks

Escalade EXT chop

Someone on another forum challenged me to a one-on-one battle to see who could chop this image better. I won the contest, but it was closer than I thought it would be.....

Here is the original:

I see this truck and the house in the background, and I immediately envision a rich NBA player owning it.... So, I made my chop to fit the mold with that in mind...

I raised it 6", widened the wheel arches, supersized the wheel and tire package, completely gave the stock wheels a new look, chopped the top about 2.5 inches, deleted the rear bumper and added a roll pan, tinted the windows, adjusted the contrast on the third brake light to match the taillights, And some other very minor changes....

I know this isn't the normal type of chop you get around here, but I felt like showing it off. Remember that this is how I see this truck after it has been customized.... not as I think that Cadillac should make it...although, they'd probably sell alot more of them if they came factory customized to this degree...almost like a Redline or SS package...but focused less on performance, and more on looks and interior upgrades, like LCD monitors in the headreasts....

Sorry for the long post... here it is:

Here is the link to the challenge for those who want to check out what I was up against:
    http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=15995

If you like it, let me know. If you don't, keep your trap shut....lol...J/K

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Escalade EXT chop

Hahaha, those wheels are massive. Looks pretty unrealiztic but still pretty cool.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

nice job, are those 30's?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Yeah.... the wheels are freaking huge... lol

Everytime I see an Escalade, I think hip-hop/rappers/professional athletes... so, the wheels getting the BIG treatment was a given.

It worked out for me though, considering that I won the battle. I'm mostly proud of the bumper delete, roll pan add-on and the chopped top. The stretched wheel arches were fun to do, you gotta admit, it looks relatively realistic as a "customized" truck (except the 30's...lol).

Visit the link if you want to see what I was up against.

Thanks

geezum crow, those wheels are comical! Some of my tractors have smaller wheels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctaylorzl1
    geezum crow, those wheels are comical! Some of my tractors have smaller wheels.

Please don't take what I am about to say the wrong way... I seriously mean no harm by it...

Ok..here goes...

I could not picture someone who says "geezum crow" as anything but a tractor owner...

It's far from a hick joke, I just live in a city so packed tight that I have never heard that phrase, and nobody here owns a tractor... haha

I am jealous that you actually own a piece of land so large that you need a tractor. Maybe one day, if I am successful enough, I'll move away from here and buy some land... If that happens, I'll buy a tractor and start saying "geezum crow"...

Thanks

^^^I wish you good luck on your success, but cant beleive you've never heard "geezum crow" before.

Thanks

Well, I never have... until tonight.

I know exactly what you meant... but for instance, people here would say "Jesus Christ"...or "Holy crap"..

It's good to have another way to express disbelief....

I'll try to use it now that I've heard it. lol

And thanks for the well wishes... There are a few areas, about 5 counties away from me that have decent acreage... but I am a far way off financially from living there...

Banned
    Thanks

It looks more like a Honda Ridgeline now.

Thanks

I think it retains GM style... the Ridgeline is a whole lot busier..

Here is a "sport" version of the Ridgline...the overall outside lines may look kind of similar, but... the sides on mine are nothing like this hunk of crap...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AndrewGS's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like to see those wheels in about a 24" on the original dropped about 3"-4". Awesome job though!
    Andrew - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - KD5FHW
    2014 Chevrolet Sonic RS
    2014 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost

Hidden Content
    Do you remember back in old LA, when everybody drove a Chevrolet? ♫

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGS
    I'd like to see those wheels in about a 24" on the original dropped about 3"-4". Awesome job though!
    Thanks, and I'll see what I can do about re-chopping it to grant your request...

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information