GM Inside News Forum banner

El_Camino Based on SSR

485 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nota 
#1 ·
This is my El Camino concept. It took me a few hours. It does not look much different than the SSR but it is a lot shorter and the greenhouse is smaller. I also did some other things. Here it is:

#2 ·
so, its a compact SSR? um, an el camino is typically a car-bodied pickup. (a passenger car with teh rear end lopped off, and a pickup bed in its place - kinda like everybody else has been doing)

if you were doing an SSR-based camino, you prolly should have lowered the overall height of it, brining it down into car-loke proportions - as opposed to bringing it down to Rav-4 proportions!

#5 ·
runningshoes said:
so, its a compact SSR? um, an el camino is typically a car-bodied pickup. (a passenger car with teh rear end lopped off, and a pickup bed in its place - kinda like everybody else has been doing)

if you were doing an SSR-based camino, you prolly should have lowered the overall height of it, brining it down into car-loke proportions - as opposed to bringing it down to Rav-4 proportions!

Its not a truck; its a car.

#6 ·
seriously, you should pick up a free download of paint shop pro, at a minimum. its highly recommended from download.com, and did i mention its free? im not sure if you've paid for vicmans, but if not, and you've only got the free version, then you don't have the cloning tools, which are practically a must when chopping/shopping. w/o that, its pretty much just ms paint, with a few more tricks up its sleeve. cloning lets you take parts of the image and replicate them easily elsewhere in the image - incredibly useful in filling in backgrounds of images when you're moving car parts around.

also, no matter free or paid, it cannot do layers - also very much necessary in doing quality chops. and it has many many levels of undo.

wether or not you're any good at chopping, its nearly impossible to tell, if you're using the wrong program, or a program ill-suited to chopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.