"Ed and Bob's Big Venture!"

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Ed and Bob's Big Venture!"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC msabatini's Avatar
    Thanks

"Ed and Bob's Big Venture!"

What will they unveil next? STAY TUNED!
    Last edited by msabatini; 03-18-2007 at 10:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: "Ed and Bob's Big Venture!"

2009 Pontiac Firebird Unveiled! ("California dream'n")
    Last edited by msabatini; 03-18-2007 at 10:29 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool stuff! How do you change the cars like that (tutorial, please!) Also, how do you cover up the whole thing (first piuc, totally covered, please show/tell!!)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I use a PhotoSuite software (Not photoshop). It allows the designer to create a unique design (not a chop of a photo) and it also allows to match existing textures and the full spectrum of color hues.
    To re-cover the car, I basically evaluate the range of blues that exist in the original tarp. I then paint the car with a mid-range hue of blue. Then I establish the lighting and how the tarp reflects that light. If you want to have or add a fold, you have to remember that there will be a shaded area and then a much lighter area reflecting the light source. Once you've established that, you begin to marry all the hues by making fine adjustment to the density of spray and subtle changes in the hues so they transition well.
    As far as the car, most all of my designs are from scratch. In other words I do not start with a photo of another car necessarily, but you can. If you have a portfolio of auto design concepts, you can pretty much cut and paste. I'll take one of my designs, copy it, and then paste it onto a blank page only as a reference (I reduce the size and keep it to one side).

Then, I begin the same way as with the canvas, Determine the color of the car you want, pick a mid-range hue of that color, paint it in, and begin with an overal paint job. Then, I go back and add lights, grill, etc. You can borrow actual headlights from other photos by cutting and pasting in a circle format (It gives your concept drawing a realistic effect). After I have all of the elements, I add reflections, chrome effects, and final detail. It took me about a year to refine my techniques and I have a far way to go. My original auto designs do not have a realistic impact, but I like some of the cool color effects anyway. Glad you like!
    Last edited by msabatini; 02-03-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks

Here's another version of the same pic with Lutz and Welborn. If you are interested, I can take you through the process step by step staring with a stock concept. Just let me know by responding to reply. What experience do you have in graphics and what software do you use?
    Last edited by msabatini; 02-03-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks

Wow. That first one is really cool. Definately a cool 'bird look. Nice job!

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information