design mods for the gtm supercar> 7 images

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: design mods for the gtm supercar> 7 images

Thanks

design mods for the gtm supercar> 7 images

pretty sure most of you are familiar with the famous gtm supercar from factory five racing.
    it is a killer midengine sports car kit using a race inspired frame, corvette engine/suspension pieces, with a porsche transaxle.
    released a little over two years ago, approx. 250 kits have been sold.

their latest display model uses a 500 hp ls7 motor and goes 0-60 in 3 seconds.
    there are numerous gtms built specifically for racing, they are quite competitive due to the power and 2200 to 2400 pound weight.

the stock gtm body has a lot of ford gt40 influence and is quite graceful overall.
    i had a few tweaks in mind to move the design more into exotic territory by:

-reducing front and rear overhang for a more modern look.
    - incorporating a more aggressive set of upper/lower air scoops at body sides (replacing stock rear quarter window with scoop);
    - making the fenders 'pop' visually;
    - exploring distinctive front and rear treatments.

please note that in all versions, the same fender treatment and side intake config is used. this was an exercise in consistency for me.

thanks for taking the time to peruse the photoshops, any and all feedback is welcome and very much appreciated.

stock gtm is on top this comparison shot:

second angle:

front, V1. this has some 50's ferrari influence, i also see a little 57 corvette in this one.

front, V2:

front, V3, including inset of stock gtm for comparison. note longer nose in stock config.

front, V4:

front v5, i call this sinister edition:

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: design mods for the gtm supercar> 7 images

They look great! I especially love the Rear.
    The new Taglane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 American_Muscle's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Monte Carlo SS/2001/Black

are you ditching your original idea?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American_Muscle View Post
    are you ditching your original idea?
    good catch, muscleman. thanks for asking! ( btw, you got any notes on the renderings?)

have no fear, work continues on the gto supercar design as well.
    trying to up my game in the gtm world any way i can, including establishing myself as a builder and designer of the platform.

i have been in contact with people all over the us about possibly doing a GTM apprenticeship , assisting in the build process so i can learn as much about the car as i can before finalizing the design on my gtosuprcar.

also, i have a few people intere$ted in commissioning a modded gtm build using my body mods. to keep costs down, the stock doors, roof and possibly engine cover will remain stock.

if budget permits, however i would like to adapt a flip open rear body as well, ala 'ginny' a nicely modded gtm that has not been completed yet. note the other body mods, shortened/angled tail end, modded body scoops , lambo doors etc.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 American_Muscle's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Monte Carlo SS/2001/Black

i love the first rendering ALOT. That rear end is much better IMO..looks less watered downed and actually has style, not just there to have a place for lights. I'm not a huge fan of the stock/original front end, so i like all your renderings better, V1 or V3 probably being my favorite. V5 would be a slick lookin car if the lights shown could be headlights, but im almost positive that'd be not street legal.

And i cant believe how small the car is! I knew it was low but good lord! Now that i see a real picture of it, especially that bottom one, I can deffinetly see how your design would fit, I cant wait to see it I hope it all works out.

P.s. do they sell those door hinges seperate from the kit? I'd love to put em on my monte carlo

Thanks

I was up on the FFR community site for a while, posted my own designs as well, the followers didn't seem interested in seeing anything not from FF. I hope you have better results. I'll post pics if I can find them.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information