Cutlass Supreme

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutlass Supreme

Thanks
    One of my favorite cars growing up was a late 80's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It shared platforms with the Grand Prix, which I also was really into. If only Olds were still alive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really like I but it's a good idea.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    hmmm... i think if the headlights were les rectangular and maybe flared up a bit at the outside you'd have a more modern cutlass supreme. i liked the car too... the convertible with the bucket handle looked really good!
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Originally posted by khanhdom@Aug 18 2004, 12:38 PM
    One of my favorite cars growing up was a late 80's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It shared platforms with the Grand Prix, which I also was really into. If only Olds were still alive.
    The Cutlass was one of my favorites too. Especially my father's 1972 with it's 350 Rocket. When I was born I was driven home from the hospital in it (I was a GM/Olds fan from day one). I like what you have done and it just saddens me to see Olds go away. Good job.
    Maybe Pontiac can build a GP 2-door again.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze - 14,350 miles
    2008 Kia Rondo - 41,000 miles
    2004 Pontiac GTO - 71,864 miles (gone, but not forgotten)
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    The sharp corners on the grille and headlights of the Cutlass were my favorite part about the car. Rounding them out would take a lot of what made it a Cutlass Supreme IMO. It also had a pretty nice rear, which is actually somewhat similar to the 04 Grand Prix tail lights.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    Originally posted by khanhdom@Aug 18 2004, 06:13 PM
    The sharp corners on the grille and headlights of the Cutlass were my favorite part about the car. Rounding them out would take a lot of what made it a Cutlass Supreme IMO. It also had a pretty nice rear, which is actually somewhat similar to the 04 Grand Prix rail lights.
    you're right, you put a very traditional cutlass supreme-like nose on the car, and it looks good. i just picture more wedge-shaped (not rounded) lights. but it's a good concept man!

Hidden Content

Thanks
    I see where you're going, but I think that you should rebadge an Opel or Caddy or something, because the Alero thing isn't working. Otherwise, it is 'okay'. I'm not a big fan of Supremes, and their crazy headlight styling, but I see where you're going.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    Originally posted by paul8488+Aug 18 2004, 06:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul8488 @ Aug 18 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-khanhdom@Aug 18 2004, 06:13 PM
    The sharp corners on the grille and headlights of the Cutlass were my favorite part about the car.&nbsp; Rounding them out would take a lot of what made it a Cutlass Supreme IMO.&nbsp; It also had a pretty nice rear, which is actually somewhat similar to the 04 Grand Prix rail lights.
    you&#39;re right, you put a very traditional cutlass supreme-like nose on the car, and it looks good. i just picture more wedge-shaped (not rounded) lights. but it&#39;s a good concept man&#33; [/b][/quote]
    i tried changing the headlights, but it just ended up looking like a grand prix or bonneville. guess you had it right all along&#33; good job&#33;

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Originally posted by gmwsag@Aug 18 2004, 01:17 PM
    because the Alero thing isn&#39;t working. Otherwise, it is &#39;okay&#39;. I&#39;m not a big fan of Supremes, and their crazy headlight styling, but I see where you&#39;re going.
    Can&#39;t expect you to like it if you don&#39;t like Supremes. Most people I know couldn&#39;t care less, but I will always turn my head for an 88-90 Cutlass Supreme. What Alero thing? I hate that car. I wouldn&#39;t want it to be based on another platform - in my heart GP and CS will always be linked. Maybe a GTO because that replaced the GP coupe(after 6 years).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks
    It&#39;s an interesting design, but isn&#39;t the car you based it on (the Alero) the replacement for the Cutlass Supreme? Well, nice try anyways&#33;

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Thanks
    How about using the Cutlass Supreme name on the Saturn and have that body be shared with the next gen. rear wheel drive Monte Carlo. B) I have always loved the Cutlass until 1988 and think GM should bring it back, even though Oldsmoblie isn&#39;t around anymore. Just my .02

Thanks
    Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Aug 18 2004, 04:18 PM
    It&#39;s an interesting design, but isn&#39;t the car you based it on (the Alero) the replacement for the Cutlass Supreme? Well, nice try anyways&#33;
    Nah, I based it on a late 80&#39;s - early 90&#39;s Cutlass Supreme. I have no concern of any cars between then and now. I guess that qualifies this treatment as "retro."

Thanks
    Okay, I see where you guys are getting the Alero thing. There&#39;s nothing Alero here, it&#39;s a Grand Prix, taken straight from Pontiac.com.

Thanks
    More of an homage.

Thanks
    the monte carlo was my 80&#39;s g-body of choice. ahhhhh.. v8,squeeky doors, no snitch boxes or speed limiters.. the good o&#39; days.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information