A couple of Bentleys

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: A couple of Bentleys

Thanks

A couple of Bentleys

Two menacing-looking Bentleys, parked at the side of the road on a deserted moor on Halloween.

I started with a picture of a Mulsanne and a Continental GT parked next to each other, and effectively all I did was swap the roofs of the two cars to give each car an extra bodystyle to add to the range.

The Mulsanne GT is my idea for a 4-door coupé version of the standard Mulsanne, for buyers who like the Mulsanne's space and comfort but also like the sportier style of a 2-door GT. In my world, it would be the big brother to the Barnato GT in Bentley's growing line-up.

Up until around the 1990s, it wasn't uncommon for manufacturers to offer - in addition to the standard coupé and convertible variants - a 2-door hardtop option, which often were not marketed as coupés. And that's what I tried to bring back in this picture. I think the shorter squarer roofline simplifies the rear of the car, bringing the theoretical "visual centre of mass" closer to the middle of the car. I haven't decided on a name for this one yet. Possibly Continental HT for Hard Top? Or maybe it could be known as simply the Continental, with the existing bodystyle continuing as the Continental GT.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSwageLine For This Useful Post:

camaro_freak (11-27-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: A couple of Bentleys

You should do a Mulsanne with a full fastback like the Wraith over at Rolls. I'd like to see an insanely powerful Bentley sedan based on the Mulsanne but with its own style.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

God the Continental is insufferable. Probably my least favourite car ever made.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    God the Continental is insufferable. Probably my least favourite car ever made.
    And it's not even on sale yet!

Thanks

Thank you for the comments!

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements