Contest Rules!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contest Rules!

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

Contest Rules!

Hey all you budding artists!

Here's your chance to design a new vehicle.

Entries can be Hand Drawn, Rendered or Photoshopped. You can start from scratch or modify an existing vehicle whether it be from GM or not. We want to encourage more renderings.

To submit an entry, just start a new Topic Thread in this forum, and post your images. (Either by linking to it, or uploading it to our server). When you are happy with an entry in your Topic Thread you can lodge it into the appropriate Registration Threads that will be open all month and will be turned into the Voting Threads. (You can still go back and edit or replace a registered pic up to close of competition).

You can have a maximum of 2 entries in the each contest category. You may submit more in the Topic Threads to get feedback on design, but at the end of the contest you must narrow it down to a maximum of 2 entries per registered category: 1/. Chopped; 2/. Drawn or 3/. Rendered.

Design Specifications:

Here's your chance to design GM‘s next generation of mid-size cars, based on the upcoming EPII platform. This should provide a new challenge, as it’s a radical departure from the C7 Contest. You can go mainstream with a new Malibu or upmarket in choosing to design the the next LaCrosse or 9-5. It's all up to you, let's see your submissions!

We will accept entries up to midnight the last day of the month.

Once all entries are in the Registration Threads, they will be renamed Voting Threads.

Then all the members get to vote on their favorite three entries.

It is a design competition, but if you need to write a text-based explanation of your concept in your Topic Threads, you are more than welcome.

Please do not use ideas, designs or work from previous contests, whether it is your own work or not.

Good luck!

As usual, if you have any questions, please feel free to let us know!

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Wolfn99's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Ford Focus ZX3

Re: Contest Rules!

Does the car have to be Malibu, Aura, or 9-5, or can it be any car designed on EpII? For example, can I design an all-new sedan on the platform, or perhaps vehicles like sport wagons and such?
    I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn99
    Does the car have to be Malibu, Aura, or 9-5, or can it be any car designed on EpII? For example, can I design an all-new sedan on the platform, or perhaps vehicles like sport wagons and such?
    ChevRev will have to give the definitive answer, but he would not be limiting it to just Malibu, Aura or 9-5. However he may be wanting to limit it to sedans and sedan base vehicles such as station wagons.

I'm sure he would not be stopping you creating an all new sedan.

The all newer the better...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn99
    I was thinking the same thing - I had planned to draw a large sedan for the contest (like...on the proposed stretched architecture...). I had also planned to make a minivan out of the architecture, but the former seems much more likely to pass off as a valid entry.
    Last edited by A.J.; 11-03-2007 at 07:14 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

Thanks

Hey,
    To answer your questions, no I'm not just limiting it to Malibu, Aura, 9-5, etc. If you want to create an all new sedan or wagon with a different name, that's fine. It just has to be within the size requirements of the EPII Platform. I am limiting it to sedan and wagons though; no minivans or CUV's for this contest. I'm not so sure about larger sedans, we don't want this to go into Zeta territory. Around what size, current Impala?
    Last edited by ChevroletRevived; 11-03-2007 at 01:30 PM.

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChevroletRevived
    Around what size, current Impala?
    Yes, current Impala/Toyota Avalon sized.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

Thanks

If we can do 9-3/Aura then can we do a new Opel Vectra? Seeing as it's on the platform, but not on the list.....?

Or even new Omega - going by the fact that the 9-5 is on there...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Yes, current Impala/Toyota Avalon sized.

OK, I guess we can go with that. Keep it as small as possible though please and FWD.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC brandonppr's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question:
    If I design a car and it has more than one version like 2 door and 4 door or vert and sedan does that count as one entry?

For example
    The Camaro concept car
    They have a vert and a coupe
    They are both the same design but diferent formats
    Would that count as 1 or 2 entries if both were posted?

In other words, if I have a vert, sedan, and coupe of the same design, can I put them all in the same pic and count as one entry?

Thank you

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information