Contest #37: Cien

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest #37: Cien

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Contest #37: Cien

The extra time provided for the contest (Friday start instead of Monday), I think worked well for everyone, so we're doing it again.

----
    Back to back Cadillac! We had "past" last week, we have "future" this week.

Take the picture below and modify it any way that you want. Change colors, looks, background, etc...

The changes can be serious or silly. The changes don't have to make the car more desirable, they just have to make it different.

You are showing off your creativity and your chopping skills.

You must use the original picture as your starting point. Try to keep some semblance of the original pic.

Only 1 entry per person, and NO revisions. Once you've entered, that's your entry.

Due to it's popularity, we're staying with anonymous chopping:

Do NOT post your images here in this thread. Instead, E-mail them to: [email protected]. This week's contest will be totally anonymous.
    Please do not write your name anywhere in your picture.
    In your e-mail (but not your picture) please include your user name.

You have until THURSDAY at Midnight to submit your entries, so there is no need to rush right away. Quality takes time. Voting will start on FRIDAY.

Here's the pic to modify:

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Re: Contest #37: Cien

I didn't even know the roof slild back like that. Cien is awesome!!! Someone like Molser Auto should build a few of them as one offs. If I had the money I would have one custom built and drop one of the new SC N* into it.

Thanks

I guess I am going to have to make it look worse because there is no way of making that car better!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kar Krazie
    I guess I am going to have to make it look worse because there is no way of making that car better!
    Two words: "Mesh grill."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91z4me
    I didn't even know the roof slild back like that. Cien is awesome!!! Someone like Molser Auto should build a few of them as one offs. If I had the money I would have one custom built and drop one of the new SC N* into it.

i never noticed the roof either

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91z4me
    Two words: "Mesh grill."
    Yeah I think everyone will be putting a mesh grill.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SVT2888
    Yeah I think everyone will be putting a mesh grill.
    Which probably means no one will end up putting one, as people will be scared that others will do it.

Thanks

Angry Re: Contest #37: Cien

Quote Originally Posted by Kar Krazie
    take it back!!!

Thanks

Maybe this is not the issue here, but GM should build the Cien to figth Ford Gt, Lamborghini Muercielago, Ferrari Enzo, etc etc

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 driverblogger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mk1700
    Maybe this is not the issue here, but GM should build the Cien to figth Ford Gt, Lamborghini Muercielago, Ferrari Enzo, etc etc
    My thoughts are the smae as yours. I love the Cien, looks so beautiful and people actually like this concept, so why build the SSR when GM can get some customers and build the Cien instead.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 FoMoCo Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

But the SSR was on the GMT360 platform. There is no existing platform for the Cien. Building a platform from scratch costs MONEY!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

NO NO you guys have it all wrong!... if a car bombs on the autoshow circuit they make it.... just remember the Aztek. I remeber asking the Pontiac people when the Aztek was a concept at Chicago and asked what the "chance of production" was on and they said it would be coming out pretty much as I saw it here. I laughed at the guy and asked if he was kidding as the thing was hideous. Unfortunately he wasn't and we all know what happened... in and out in 5 years... yikes what a waste of money

sometimes I wonder if GM really does market research and focus groups... or if the people they do have are a bunch of yes men/women
    Last edited by camaro_freak; 03-21-2005 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks

I have the same sentiments for the longest time. I had some hope when they brought in B. Lutz. Committee design is very diluted and combined focus group models has the beauty of a camel, need we say A--tek. They need a 'single' strong styling visionary to develop a strong identity, at least in one of of its divsions. Cadillac is the only one trying faithfully, 'art & science' theme they call it, Sky And Solstice, notwitstanding. I know they have to develop them on base platforms but from there they need to have their own distinctive vision and form. Chrysler has it and is still forging ahead with new eyes and models, its own Cobra, the 'old' Viper can evolve, the Bentley-like 300 has muscularized the family sedan. The prior 'used soap' shapes they took the flavor of the day SUV squared faces to sedan proportions. You anticipate their internet sketches and spy photos for them. Ford is in retro grade falling back to a couple of past 'success' franchises but the rest of its models have become 'undistinctive', Passatized, no passion.
    GM's own GTO is a great franchise grafted on an import base, correct mechanicals but on a dated & plain dress. There has to be some 'native' GM designer/s chomping on the bit for a chance to create a proper form.

Just ranting...

...GM just killed the zeta (Velite,new Camaro & GTO) platform?, more ranting to come...
    Last edited by botsapper; 03-21-2005 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks

Couldn't they build it on the latest 'Vette Platform?

Thanks

I'm in the camp of not diluting the legend's platform. The XLR is getting some of that goodness but it is more for a touring attitude than a true sporting attitude. If you use it for the GTO or Camaro, it will bring all of them to sea level, why bother with the real thing.

I would like to see new Camaro not as a fire breathing (pragmatic fossil fuel trends) old school sense but as an athletic and sinewy 2+2 performer. Not a retro-Stang but more of a balanced but risk-taking RX-8 analog. An agile platform for new motive powerplants (hybridized, electro-hydrogen, etc.) Visceral, lean and basic, but available for many.

Apropo as per discussion. Love him or hate him, successes or failures, RIP John Delorean a gutsy visionary in our time. We need more like him or suffer with vanilla.
    Last edited by botsapper; 03-21-2005 at 03:36 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information