Contest #143: Voting!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #143: Voting!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Contest #143: Voting!

Please remember that if you submitted an entry, you MUST vote!

Voting Rules:

Please vote for your top 3 choices (in order).
    Please don't vote for the same picture more than once, and please choose 3, even if you don't like 3 of them.

To vote, simply reply to this message and type the LETTERS of the ones you like the most. Please pick your favorites in order. Please pick at least 3 images. You can choose even more if you wish

You are voting on CHOP IDEA and on CHOP QUALITY combined.

Each 1st place vote gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 and 3rd gets 1.

If you want, you can vote for more than 3 entries! The top 3 get counted the same as usual. Every car listed after your top 3 gets 1/2 a point. That way if you think someone needs encouragement, or special mention, then he will earn some points as well.

If you entered, DO NOT vote for yourself, or get your buddies to vote for you. If you vote for yourself, you will be assessed a 10 point penalty.

Here's the Original:

Entries:

End of entries!
    Last edited by Rex Raider; 04-13-2007 at 07:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Current Contest #143: Voting!

C
    B
    L
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."- John Adams

Thanks

A
    B
    F

Is c a joke? correct me if i'm wrong but that just looks like grille/wheels/fendervents pasted on some other car.
    Last edited by camaroman22; 04-06-2007 at 09:04 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

F
    C
    L
    E

wow a lot of good entries - it was hard to pick 4

Igor

Thanks
    My Ride
    1988 Buick Reatta

H
    E
    C

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

L
    C
    A - hilarious idea

Thanks

L
    C
    M

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    A
    B
    F

Is c a joke? correct me if i'm wrong but that just looks like grille/wheels/fendervents pasted on some other car.
    You decide if it's a joke or not. Below the red represents what is the original car pic modified and blue represents what came from the Jag pic at bottom, which was also very much modified.

Last edited by 777666555; 04-06-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks

pic post

Thanks

777666555 -> This is a voting thread, not an explanation thread. Secondly, although I appreciate you trying to mask your identity, signing up with a 2nd account here is not appreciated.

The fact is there is way more Jaguar in your chop than there is Buick. You kept the background the same, and you added some Buick bits, but there really isn't much semblance to the original pic. Which is recommended in the rules.

Again, it's just for fun, so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks

K
    G
    C
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    (Jungle Jim Liberman)---------(Bruce USA-1 Larson)
    (Hidden Content )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    777666555 -> This is a voting thread, not an explanation thread. Secondly, although I appreciate you trying to mask your identity, signing up with a 2nd account here is not appreciated.

The fact is there is way more Jaguar in your chop than there is Buick. You kept the background the same, and you added some Buick bits, but there really isn't much semblance to the original pic. Which is recommended in the rules.

Again, it's just for fun, so it doesn't really matter.
    You are aboslutely wrong. No Buick bits were added to another pic. All the Buick bits that are there are there from the original pic. Look harder. There is 50% improved Jag an 50% original pic. Get your facts correct.

I am shocked you would come at me when camaroman22 is the one I had hoped you would have repremanded for belittling the entry of a fellow entrant. And don't give me this 'fun' attitude - you are extremely biased and I would not have had to make any explanation if his 'fun' comments were not made or you pointed out to him that in this comp you can do what you like to the pic. I modified a Buick into a Buick, end of story.

In any case there is way more Buick (50%) in my pic than Epica in the pic which got second place last week (under 30%).
    Last edited by 777666555; 06-03-2007 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks

What makes me extremely biased? My entry isn't being debated here.
    It's a rather bold statement you are making.

The fact is that anyone looking at your entry would NEVER be able to tell that it was the Buick that you started with. it has no semblance to the original, other than the background.

Forgetting the background, is there any part of your image that is unmodified?

The Buick bits aren't added from a different picture, they are copied and pasted from the original. I can see that. But they are still pasted over the Jaguar. Only the side "portholes" seem the same.

I'm only taking this further, since you're basically baiting me with your response.

All that said, I didn't like Camaroman's entry in the last contest, and even told him (in private) that it had WAY too much Mercedes in it, and that most people wouldn't "get" that the reflection didn't match.

I didn't answer to Camaroman's post, since I didn't see it until after your reply.

Thanks

What makes me extremely biased? My entry isn't being debated here.
    It's a rather bold statement you are making.

I didn't answer to Camaroman's post, since I didn't see it until after your reply.
    You are biased against me, always siding with others when they slag on me. You ignore PMs and make it generally clear you don't like me. Fine, but I want a level playing field.

You may not have seen Camaroman's post before my response (and he asked for a responce) but you saw it quoted in my responce and still chose to make no comment about his unsportsmanly conduct in slagging a competitors entry in a voting thread which can effect other voters. Indeed you piled on and slagged me further yourself.

The fact is that anyone looking at your entry would NEVER be able to tell that it was the Buick that you started with. it has no semblance to the original, other than the background.

Forgetting the background, is there any part of your image that is unmodified?

The Buick bits aren't added from a different picture, they are copied and pasted from the original. I can see that. But they are still pasted over the Jaguar. Only the side "portholes" seem the same.
    Only the blue has Jag. There is NO Jag in the red. I only pasted the grille over any Jag pic part. The sides of the car are exactly the same as my 4 door (look close at the relections etc), just the shut lines and door handle are moved to make it a 2 door and the wheels made even larger. I used a smudging tool to blend the rear upper guard and front guard into the new glasshouse and bonnet.

The fact that I pasted on the glasshouse and bonnet of a Jag is just my choice in design in this comp. People may not see how I did it but they can clearly see it's a good looking Buick Coupe, better than the fat Jag. I even straigtened the Jag A and C pillars to make it look more Nissan 200 Coupe. And the lights I changed to look more BMW Z4. Isn't that what this is about - creating design?

All that said, I didn't like Camaroman's entry in the last contest, and even told him (in private) that it had WAY too much Mercedes in it, and that most people wouldn't "get" that the reflection didn't match.
    I was refering to the convertible that came second. I voted number 1 for camaroman's pic. I dont think he pushed it at all, and I'm sure if he had time he could have made the same roof as the Benz from the Epica roof, it was just quicker to use the Benz. Same as I could easily have made the Buick roof into this same coupe roof design, it was just quicker to modify the Jag, same with the bonnet.
    Last edited by 777666555; 06-06-2007 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks

Cool Re: Current Contest #143: Voting!

L- Like the Peugeot styling!
    K- The Lancia look really makes the Buick look up to date.
    A- Haha, whoever you are, you have a great imagination.
    e- Deserves special mention, although it looks a bit like a
    Mercedes E-Class, it shows just how easily they could
    have succeeded with the restyling.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information