Contest #101: Results

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest #101: Results

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Contest #101: Results

The entries could all be found here:
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32838

Complete breakdown of results:

A really close race this week!

Camaro_Freak wins with 1st!

runpasthefence grabs 2nd Place

xgtrx15 takes 3rd Place

Congrats to the winners!
    Thanks for voting!
    Last edited by Rex Raider; 06-30-2006 at 10:20 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Current Contest #101: Results

nice job guys! really creative winners this week and wowie what a close vote

Thanks

Thank you to all that voted for mine (F).
    I know I dind't change anything on the car itself. But this is all about chopping, and I did significantly change the image itself, giving it a whole different twist.

I just wasn't moved enough by the car itself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

Congrats to all the winners. I really loved your entry, camaro_freak. Excellent new Saab 9-5.

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

Thanks

thanks ChevroletRevived... this one was a no-brainer for me once I saw the concept and how cool it was and the 9-5 face lift was not

Thanks

hey personal best of 3rd place ....sweet.....

Thanks

I love to see new faces in the top 3

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Angry Re: Current Contest #101: Results

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    Thank you to all that voted for mine (F).
    I know I dind't change anything on the car itself. But this is all about chopping, and I did significantly change the image itself, giving it a whole different twist.
    So I got beaten by a guy who made a smaller copy the image, then stuck an old lady in front of it?
    Looks just like a Florida election result...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zigmeister
    So I got beaten by a guy who made a smaller copy the image, then stuck an old lady in front of it?
    Looks just like a Florida election result...
    Considering that all entries are anonymous, and that all voting is public, I would have to say that rigging this voting would be very difficult.

The reason you lost is probably because you made the car bright pink. A color most people would not go for. It could also have to do with the fact that your front wheel is bigger than your tire. As well as the fact that aside from the lowering, paint, cf hood and rims, you did nothing to the car. Those 4 things are what most choppers do. You didn't bring anything original to the table.

I might not have changed the car, but my chop is like nothing ever done before.

Thanks

The reason you lost is probably because you made the car bright pink. A color most people would not go for. It could also have to do with the fact that your front wheel is bigger than your tire. As well as the fact that aside from the lowering, paint, cf hood and rims, you did nothing to the car. Those 4 things are what most choppers do. You didn't bring anything original to the table.

I agree with your statement about originality but I've seen plenty of chops 'place' in these weekly contests with VERY BAD technical skills, far worse than his chop.
    Last edited by camaro_freak; 06-27-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

That's why I say vote for IDEA as well as chopping capabilities.
    Obviously not everyone has the great skills (especially those just starting out). But a good idea can be expressed even with weak skills.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 montess2k's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep I suck at chopping, and don't have as much time as I'd like to do them but even though I didn't take a top 3 spot, I was actually surprised I scored as high as I did...Anywayz congrats to the winners, and keep them coming!!!

Joe

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Considering that all entries are anonymous, and that all voting is public, I would have to say that rigging this voting would be very difficult.

Okay Rex, I'm new here and I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, so I'll explain a few things...

Of course it's not rigged - the Florida thing was a joke.

Mine is the first pink car I've seen in one of your comps. Is that not original?

There's a thin band of tyre around the front wheel. It's thin but it's there.

"You are voting on chop idea and chop quality combined". I guess I've misread our audience. Have you seen some of the stuff people are offering up here? I would have thought that a chopping comp on a car-based website would require some chopping to the car. Apparently the magnitude of your idea far outweighs any time and effort I put into my car.

The only reason I can see that people have voted for your entry is the same reason they buy pens off retarded guys in the street.

And don't forget - (almost) everything I say in here should not be taken seriously...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zigmeister
    Okay Rex, I'm new here and I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, so I'll explain a few things...

Of course it's not rigged - the Florida thing was a joke.

Mine is the first pink car I've seen in one of your comps. Is that not original?

There's a thin band of tyre around the front wheel. It's thin but it's there.

"You are voting on chop idea and chop quality combined". I guess I've misread our audience. Have you seen some of the stuff people are offering up here? I would have thought that a chopping comp on a car-based website would require some chopping to the car. Apparently the magnitude of your idea far outweighs any time and effort I put into my car.

The only reason I can see that people have voted for your entry is the same reason they buy pens off retarded guys in the street.

And don't forget - (almost) everything I say in here should not be taken seriously...
    Yours may have been the first pink car, but it hopefully will be the LAST pink car too.

If you were saying that my votes were all sympathy votes, I'd have to disagree with you. Sometimes those guys in the streets have great quality pens. sometimes you need a pen and those guys are really convenient.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC gryphon928's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats guys, good job!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information