Chrysler Sebring

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrysler Sebring

Thanks

Chrysler Sebring

I did a hatch version of it...complete with yellow paint, black hood, and wheels from the Holden Commodore.

Original:

Chop:

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Gturismo1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chrysler Sebring

Good work...but here are my criticisms...don't take them personally.

First, you went a little heavy on the colorize tool. Its quite obvious you tinted the whole image yellow. If you wanted to go that route, you should have left the bright-work (trim, grille, window chrome) alone. Also, the sunroof is tinted yellow as well, which adds to the fake-ness of the image.

Secondly, the hatch conversion is just a triangle of one solid color. You should have tried to cut and stretch the rear pillar to the back of the car to make it more believable.

Third, when you removed the upper door scallop, you forgot to re-align the door gaps.

Fourth, your black colored hood overlaps where the hood actually is. If you look in the original image, the hood doesn't come as far over as it does in you chop.

Lastly, the wheels. Never try and use one image for front wheel, then duplicate it for the back. It always, ALWAYS, comes out flat and 2-dimensional. If your going to lift a set of wheels, try and find an image with matching perspective, so you can cut and paste both the front and back wheels, so they look convincing.

I'm not trying to come across as harsh or anything, quite the opposite actually. I'm just pointing out to you the errors so that you know what to correct, and how to make a much better chop next time. With constant practice, and the will to accept other peoples criticism, I'm sure you'll further you skills in Photoshop immensely

Thanks

Thank you! That's what I'm talking about! Real, honest criticism.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will often just say, "looks nice" and be done with it. When someone gives me an honest opinion, it means a lot. And it's helpful, because it gives me an idea of what I need to work on.

I shall work on it some more, and post my results.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Gturismo1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChevroletMan
    Thank you! That's what I'm talking about! Real, honest criticism.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will often just say, "looks nice" and be done with it. When someone gives me an honest opinion, it means a lot. And it's helpful, because it gives me an idea of what I need to work on.

I shall work on it some more, and post my results.
    Not a problem Always there to help out a fellow photochopper

Thanks

not too bad..but im not a big fan of the color

Thanks

Here's what I've got so far; still working on it, I missed some spots on the back end, etc.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information