Chevy Volt production

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chevy Volt production

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Chevy Volt production

for some reason, im one of the few people who thinks that the chevy volt is an outright hideous concept. Thats right, hideous.

the wheels are too big, the headlights too small, and the roofline too low. It looks terrible to me for some reason. Either way, i decided to do a production version of it, didnt turn out too hot imo, and it was fairly quick.

i also apologize for the lack of drawings lately, getting off school at 6pm (EVERY DAMN DAY!!!!) is driving me crazy, i barely have time for anything now. It's thanks to my new laptop that you see me on here at all these days.

anyways, i hope you like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Chevy Volt production

Mr. Burns, I agree wholeheartedly with you assesment of the Volt... uuuu-guh-ley!

Nice sketch of what it should look like. I am a fan of your work.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member sigma's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks very nice Mr.Burns. My one criticism is that the gaps in the wheelwells might be a little big. Other than that, it looks great.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Whoa...that would make a fantastic Cobalt sedan!! Impala even. Front end its a bit more agressive then the Malibu, so that might be more attractive for younger hipper buyers while the Impala might go with a more sedate design....i know that sounds really boring.
    Its still has some of that Camaroness about it, which brings me back to Impala.
    Thoes wheels look too small now!! Front end needs a bit more detail, but overall a really hot looking sedan. How bout a coupe?
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I think that your criticism of the front, it has a graphic feel instead of a front end being an integration of this graphic into the form on the front of the vehicle.

As far as the porportions, I think this is a very well porportioned vehicle.
    And the wheels?? come on, everyone knows that big wheels are cool. I highly disagree with your statement that it has "too big" wheels.

Your prediction drawing lost all the characteristics that you hated, but look at it, it turned out dull. Draw bigger wheels, lower the roof line a tad.. spice up the sides a big with some influence from the concept. Basically, I don't think your criticisms are valid.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Your drawing is very good, BUT I don't see it as a Volt production model. Like BigAls said, it would look like a good design for ANY other Chevrolet Sedan. This styling on the Cobalt, Impala, or even Malibu would be fine. Just not the Volt.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

I donno, I love the concept look, while I like you're drawing, it's just to bland IMO. Nose isn't to bad, but overall, it's horribly bland IMO. Looks like a Camry with a Chevy and Acura hybrid nose. Not BAD, just... bland.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Id really like to see a coupe!! I think that Volt was just way over the top in design, but it carries a futuristic look of Chevy, especially a revamped Cobalt. Agressive sheetmetal and stance taken from Camaro, I think it would look fantastic.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Dave B's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the looks of both the photo and the drawing. The headlights could be a little bigger though. (nice drawing) If the front end in the drawing was a little longer, it would look more agressive I think.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave B; 02-07-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    ------------------------------
    07 Impala 3.5L VVT ..ONSTAR ROCKS... (GF's car)
    99 Cutlass 3.1L
    94 GMC Jimmy
    Many GM Vehicles Over The Years
    Some MOPAR stuff with Mods...Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 montrealvue's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice re-work of the strange concept. Now present it to the board of directors and we're all set....let me know how it goes
    '87 Merc Tracer '88 Toyota Tercel '89 VW Golf '94 Saturn SL '97 Pontiac Grand Am '00 Olds Silhouette '02 Dodge Intrepid '04 Chev Malibu '06 Saturn Vue '08 Toyota Sienna

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information