Chevy Silverado 2500HD SFA by request

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chevy Silverado 2500HD SFA by request

Thanks

Chevy Silverado 2500HD SFA by request

Here is a Silverado HD with SFA for those who requested to see it.

I tried coloring the bumpers and mirror cowls same with the body for a cleaner look. Do you guys think it looks better? I know a lot of people don't like the massive chrome invasion on the actual Silverados. I also decided to color in the black plastic center-bumper piece where the towhooks are, hoping for an even cleaner look. I feel I could have done more to this drawing, but I have school to focus on, so I can't spend too much time on one drawing.

I wish I had a scanner that can scan big drawings. Taking digital pictures ruin the proportions unless I get the angle absolutely right. And my friend said that their really isn't a lot of options for me. It's also hard to match to lighting, so a lot of invisible lines show up in the pictures (ex. those criss-crossing lines in the sky above the hood). So, oh well.

I'm going to do a Sierra HD SFA drawing, also requested. After that, I'm gonna be working on other drawings that deal with some other stuff. So, it may be a while before I post something else up again.
    My Facebook Art Page: Hidden Content
    My FineArtAmerica Page: Hidden Content
    My DeviantArt Page: Hidden Content
    My Instagram Page: Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Chevy Silverado 2500HD SFA by request

I tried some photoshopping on the drawing:

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fenderbender's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, but I think there is now too much of the same color around the bumper. It may have looked better with the plastic piece where the towhooks are staying plastic, or even better make it chrome. But anyway man, that is one sick drawing. Keep it up!

My Rides

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR-2 5 speed
    -K&N Intake | Custom Dual Exhaust | Cowl Hood
    Panasonic Head Unit | Dual Speakers | Legacy Rebel Amp | 10" Kicker Comp Subs

2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4X4
    -3000lb. Xtreme Winch| Removed Baffle
    Fog Lights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

That looks AMAZING! You've got an impressive talent!

Thanks

Thanks for the comments.

Sweet, but I think there is now too much of the same color around the bumper. It may have looked better with the plastic piece where the towhooks are staying plastic, or even better make it chrome.
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I always have "debates" with myself whether or not I should try certain things. I personally think the color looks alright, but I know not everyone has the same taste in everything. I tried imagining if that bumper piece would look better in black, but then it seems it would require the mirror cowls to be black as well, so things don't seem out of place. If dealerships start to do their own paintjobs for some of the silverados, I have a big feeling they won't paint the center bumper pieces.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fenderbender's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblebuffin
    Thanks for the comments.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I always have "debates" with myself whether or not I should try certain things. I personally think the color looks alright, but I know not everyone has the same taste in everything. I tried imagining if that bumper piece would look better in black, but then it seems it would require the mirror cowls to be black as well, so things don't seem out of place. If dealerships start to do their own paintjobs for some of the silverados, I have a big feeling they won't paint the center bumper pieces.
    Well nevertheless, that picture rocks. You have amazingly great talent, and I would take one of those anyday.

My Rides

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR-2 5 speed
    -K&N Intake | Custom Dual Exhaust | Cowl Hood
    Panasonic Head Unit | Dual Speakers | Legacy Rebel Amp | 10" Kicker Comp Subs

2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4X4
    -3000lb. Xtreme Winch| Removed Baffle
    Fog Lights

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Randiglio's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1984 GMC 1500 6.2

Outstanding execution! You've got some amazing talent. Keep up the excellent work.
    Silence is Golden
    Duct tape is Silver

GM Inside News, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LAChevy24's Avatar
    Thanks

my g-d, i wish i could draw as half as good as you do

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

You drew that? That's amazing! Extremely impressive. I don't care if you don't like the actual design or not, but you have to commend him on the execution of this! It looks really, really good. Hard to tell it's even a drawing. How long does it take you to do something like this, rumblebuffin?

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thats really nice!!
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SDRacing's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 K2500 Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblebuffin
    Here is a Silverado HD with SFA for those who requested to see it.

I tried coloring the bumpers and mirror cowls same with the body for a cleaner look. Do you guys think it looks better? I know a lot of people don't like the massive chrome invasion on the actual Silverados. I also decided to color in the black plastic center-bumper piece where the towhooks are, hoping for an even cleaner look. I feel I could have done more to this drawing, but I have school to focus on, so I can't spend too much time on one drawing.

I wish I had a scanner that can scan big drawings. Taking digital pictures ruin the proportions unless I get the angle absolutely right. And my friend said that their really isn't a lot of options for me. It's also hard to match to lighting, so a lot of invisible lines show up in the pictures (ex. those criss-crossing lines in the sky above the hood). So, oh well.

I'm going to do a Sierra HD SFA drawing, also requested. After that, I'm gonna be working on other drawings that deal with some other stuff. So, it may be a while before I post something else up again.

That is EXACTLY what I pictured. You did one hell of a job. I wouldnt change a thing!! Good Job!
    Dreaming for a Fullsize Silverado ZR2 Raptor fighter!!
    Hidden Content
    - Long live the Kodiak 4x4s -

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

fantastic drawings skills!

loooks great

Thanks

That is my perfect truck!! (in Sport Red). That is a increadable drawling, you are amazing!

Thanks

Thanks for the comments!

You drew that? That's amazing! Extremely impressive. I don't care if you don't like the actual design or not, but you have to commend him on the execution of this! It looks really, really good. Hard to tell it's even a drawing. How long does it take you to do something like this, rumblebuffin?
    Thanks. I'm pretty proud of this drawing because it is actually my first, COMPLETED drawing of the new Silverado. I had so much problems trying to draw the grille right on my other attempts. So, for this drawing, I used a lot of reference material, and it helped. This drawing took a smaller amount of time than my other drawings since this one is small compared to the poster size drawings I do. So, it took me about three or four hours, maybe six. I'm pretty serious about detail, so it takes me a while with drawings sometimes.

That is EXACTLY what I pictured. You did one hell of a job. I wouldnt change a thing!! Good Job!
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it ! I also got your message. What is your desktop size? The drawing I posted may be a bit small for a lot of computers. If you want, I can send you a bigger picture of the drawing (I'll try my best to resize it to the size you want), along with a few photoshop filters that I tried.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information