Chevy Minivan

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chevy Minivan

Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Ford Focus

Chevy Minivan

A much needed entry for Chevy in the minivan segment. My idea was to create a simple design with large windows for added visibility as well as a wraparound skylight behind the c-pillar. Please let me know what you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Joe McKinney's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chevy Minivan

GM needs this more than another crossover. GM's previous minivans never sold to GM's expectations, and they never knocked Chrysler from the top spot, but they did sell in respectable numbers and they had a lot of loyal, repeat buyers. If GM could develop a new minivan that is competetive with the latest Chrysler, Honda and Toyota vans it would go a long way toward rounding out Chevy's model line.

I think one reason the minivan market has declined so much in the past few years (in addition to the recession) is because GM and Ford stopped making minivans. There are a lot of loyal Ford and GM customers who would never buy a Chrysler, Toyota or Honda van, but would love a GM or Ford minivan if one were available.
    Last edited by Joe McKinney; 07-22-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Edited to correct a spelling error.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,060 Times in 4,830 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

I don't know what is keeping General Van Winkle from producing another minivan.
    Oh wait, minivans aren'e Kewl, SPUTEs are So Kewl.

At their current pace, they can change their name to General SPUTE Motors and go whole-hog with Howie making ridiculous ads for eternity.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,376 Posts

I like the basic approach, minivans are utility vehicles and there is nothing wrong with maximizing it, and the large windows are a good idea so that passengers can see what they are passing by.

While I like the wrap around skylight concept, weight and structural integrity will play a part here. Maybe something like the Bronco II "into the roof" rear side glass might work and give rear passengers a better view, but not sure how it would look on a production model.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Yes! GM needs one of these.. BAD!

Being that they have nothing in that segment now. I'm going to have to cling to my Astro because once it and others its age go, that will be the last of the minivan niche vehicles that GM will ever make unless they see the light. Come on GM! I can't help but be bitter about my lack of ability to buy a new vehicle that meets my specifications.

Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Ford Focus

Thanks for the nice comments!

Thanks

reminds me of the stanza wagon

Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information