chevrolet caprice?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chevrolet caprice?

Thanks
    if there is to be a north american "caprice royale" as has been recently discussed in gm news, here's an update that must happen (whether they get it right on the next impala or not)...

6 tail lights...

simple, but i thought i'd propose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy
    Six tail lamps while a signature of the early sixties Impala should only be done if nicely executed.
    Corvette has nice tail lamps the current Impala does not. If GM does such a design steal from the Vette not the current Impala.

Thanks
    absolutely, canuck. i agree completely. the current impala may be a fine car, but it's no impala and the design should change at the first opportunity--more refined, better chevrolet style. the coming cobalt has better round tail-light execution. anyway--

i can imagine it sitting in my driveway now......
    i know, not much of a chop, but i'm hoping to chop a design that could be put together quickly and begin showing up on our shores. plus, i'd absolutely take it with only the changes i've posted...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    while i would like it to come as quickly as possible, i'd change the beltline (on the gto, too) if it could be done quickly. i think the higher-beltline look is a good direction that competitors like the 300C have accomplished well. but the 300C's version is a bit high for some, so caprice could compromise--not too high, but still a bit to bring the look a little more into "today."

again...not much of a chop--subtle. but it updates the car.

Thanks
    that would be a great competitor for the vw phaetom and audi a8

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very nice. The changes are very subtle, but what was changed is very nice. I even like the Uplander grille.

Thanks
    Originally posted by oldsintrigue00@Jul 7 2004, 03:38 PM
    that would be a great competitor for the vw phaetom and audi a8
    phaetom has a price tag will over 60k, i doubt they'll be any crossshopping between an impala and a phaetom, not that the phaetom would be around that long.. i suspect its huge price tag on a vw badge, seals its doom.

anywho, really havent seen anything here for an impala that catch my attention, maybe all new sheet metal would do the trick.. i dont know, guess im just picky being an impala owner.

Thanks
    The grill reminds me of the ones Chrysler uses on the Sebring and old Concorde. Which I don't like. But it does look better with the Chevy bar cutting across. Still its not a look a like a lot. That's just my opinion though.

I like the idea of six taillamps, but it doesn't look good in your chop(no offense). But it's a good idea and I bet in would work on a real model.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks
    Great chops! I like everything, especially the taillights.

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Thanks
    i really hope GM brings back the caprice to america, i have a 92 caprice with the 5.0 V8 and i love it, it would be great to get a new one with a LS1 in it!

Thanks
    I can see this car making it to American shores, but not in less than two years -- GM just doesn't move that fast, the Solstice notwithstanding. By then, I suspect DCX will have entrenched itself with V-8, RWD buyers pretty solidly. Although this car is appealing and conservative, if not attractive, I don't see it stealing a significant number of buyers from the 300C when and if it does arrive, but it does provide a competitor that GM currenlty lacks and it is an improvement from the mid-90's Caprice -- I hated those skirts over the rear wheels, but that's just my humble opinion.

Thanks
    I like the cr but the back end could use some work

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    i like it except for the back.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Thanks
    The black one with the uplander front is killer. I saved it to my pictures I love it so much.

Thanks
    It still looks like full-size Opel Omega to me...

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information