Chase's Pontiac Grand Am

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chase's Pontiac Grand Am

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Chase's Pontiac Grand Am

As we all know, the current G6 was a joke from the start, teased with an awesome concept, many were let down by a sub stellar production model that didn't quite live up to Pontiac's sporting image.

Here is a resized image, hopefully addressing the below noted length and size issues....

The old for reference

I have created the G6's replacement, the Grand Am. The cutesy styling that the current G6 has is being replaced by a much more aggressive package.

After some thought and consideration, I have decided that the Grand Am will remain a FWD/AWD optional model with great emphasis being put on the way that the vehicle handles. The Grand Am will be able to handle the twisties just as well as it will be able to handle the straight line.

There will be three trim levels available, along with Coupe and Shooting Brake variants. Each trim level will be designated by the engine that is in the vehicle:

• The Grand Am (base model designation) will be powered by a Turbo 2.0 DI Ecotec mated to a 6-speed manual, with the option of a 6-speed automatic with manual mode.

• The Grand Am GT will be powered by the 3.6 LLT V6 mated to a 6-speed manual, with the option of a 6-speed automatic with manual mode

• The Grand Am GTP will be the most powerful featuring a Twin Turbo 3.6 LLT V6, again, mated to a 6-speed manual, with the option of a 6-speed automatic with manual mode. This model comes with Big Brakes, Sport Suspension, a Limited Slip Differential, and AWD standard.

I would prefer for the vehicle to ride on a shortened EPII platform, possibly on the European EPII Platform, much like the 9-3.

I hope you like!

-Chase
    Last edited by chaseabryant; 11-03-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Chase's Pontiac G6

I would kill for this design to make it as a G6, even though there is a rumor that the next G6 will be nothing more than a re-badged Holden Torana, which I hate.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPrix08 View Post
    I would kill for this design to make it as a G6, even though there is a rumor that the next G6 will be nothing more than a re-badged Holden Torana, which I hate.
    You only hate it because it's a Holden. If Holden was rebadging a G6 as Torana you'd be all

But Chase, tis opne looks good. The only issue is it lookes a bit too low and stretched out. THe front facia is a bit different, with some elements of the late '60s Pontiacs with the strong beak in the center. Looks good.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

That's how the GP should have looked. I can see this sitting on the new Buick Invicta (or whatever its called.

P.S. How come the design is so sharp, but your background lettering is so dodgy?
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    You only hate it because it's a Holden. If Holden was rebadging a G6 as Torana you'd be all
    Yep. because then it would be an 'AMERICAN' made Holden, not an import.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep. because then it would be an 'AMERICAN' made Holden, not an import.
    It would be an import to Holden buyers.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

that is awesome! Really really nice
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

Thanks

It would be an import to Holden buyers.
    Well, I don't care about them. I just want the Pontiac in US remain as NORTH AMERICAN. I can care less about others. As selfish as that sound, I just hate imports so in US, I want to buy NORTH AMERICAN in a NORTH AMERICAN car brands, not an IMPORT from the NORTH AMERICAN brand. Simple as that.
    Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 American_Muscle's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Monte Carlo SS/2001/Black

looks like it'd be the next gen G8 instead, nice design either way.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Thanks everybody! I appreciate the feedback!

But Chase, tis opne looks good. The only issue is it lookes a bit too low and stretched out. THe front facia is a bit different, with some elements of the late '60s Pontiacs with the strong beak in the center. Looks good.
    Definately low, I am really hating how so many vehicles these days are getting so tall, especially with the ride height, however, I do see where this looks like it is about an inch off the ground

I think the vehicle may look so stretched out because of my pushing the wheels so far to the edges, to where the space between gets really long looking. Kind of like with the MINI where it has a 97" wheelbase on a 144" car! Buuuut my drawing abilities definately have room to improve too!

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    That's how the GP should have looked. I can see this sitting on the new Buick Invicta (or whatever its called.

P.S. How come the design is so sharp, but your background lettering is so dodgy?
    I wanted the juxtaposition between the two!

Nah, I got caught up with the drawing and finished the car around 5AM, and rushed with the lettering. I was also trying to not make it so dark, so not to take attention away from the drawing. It'll be adjusted later

-Chase
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar jmlee0695's Avatar
    Thanks

HOT!!! I wish i could draw...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Slideways's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    12 cylinders via two cars

WOW! Very Pontiac, and very mean. Two things:
    1) Can it have a real name? I don't like alpha numeric names for cars, I think it's a cop out. It doesn't even have to be retro, as long as it's a real name.
    2) There isn't a second thing, that car is awesome!

Thanks

Well, I don't care about them. I just want the Pontiac in US remain as NORTH AMERICAN. I can care less about others. As selfish as that sound, I just hate imports so in US, I want to buy NORTH AMERICAN in a NORTH AMERICAN car brands, not an IMPORT from the NORTH AMERICAN brand. Simple as that.

It's getting tougher and tougher to buy an all American car anymore. Your Grand Prix was made in Oshawa, Canada.
    Out of curiousity, what is it you have against Australian built vehicles anyway? I've been selling Pontiacs for 8.5 years now and I find the GTO and G8 (Holden Monaro and Commodore) to be some of the nicest looking and classiest vehicles I've ever seen. I think they did a great job with them. If they were to change all Pontiacs to rebadged Holdens, it may be the best thing they've ever done.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    WOW! Very Pontiac, and very mean. Two things:
    1) Can it have a real name? I don't like alpha numeric names for cars, I think it's a cop out. It doesn't even have to be retro, as long as it's a real name.
    2) There isn't a second thing, that car is awesome!
    You know, as I was putting the G6 in the background, I was wondering if I should really be putting Grand Am back there. While the previous Grand Am left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, I think that I actually dislike the G6 more. Good Suggestion, and consider it done; the Drawing however, may take a little time to reflect the changes to the name!

-Chase
    Last edited by chaseabryant; 11-03-2008 at 03:10 PM.
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

Thanks

Re: Chase's Pontiac Grand Am

*shakes fist* I see we're taking each other's ideas!

The drawing is very good, although a bit "radical" for my tastes. Also IMO, it looks extremely similar to your "Olds Reborn" drawing, but that's probably because I'm not used to seeing your drawing style.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information