Cannondale Uber V Bike Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannondale Uber V Bike Concept

Thanks

Cannondale Uber V Bike Concept

I took a whack at recreating a legend. Its comparable to redesigning a camaro. The Cannondale Super V was a legend mountain bike in the mid to late 90's. It proved what could be done. Sadly, it ceased production because many walmart brand bikes stole the design and just made it look cheap and ruined the reputation of the design. Since then, owners have been modifing the shock mounts so they can make a longer travel bike codenamed "Uber V". So, reviving the beast. A new frame and component choice. Only one model made so far, beefier ones to come. This one took me about 5 hours +. I tried tons of different designs and threw them away, restarted from scratch numerous times untill i came up with one that was appealing, practical, had enough rear travel, and would structuraly work.

-00' Super V 700SX:

-Original Image:

-Recreated Uber V:
    Last edited by heals120; 02-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar impala02's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 BMW 535i xDrive

Re: Bike design.

Nice work. Personally, I never liked the look of the V. The bad thing about those old single pivot designs was that there was too much pedal bob and increasing the travel only makes it worse. However, with the stable platform technology in shocks today, it's no longer an issue. My only suggestion would be to make the tube from the seat post to the down tube a little more beefy. I also think it would look cool if it were boxed or square rather than a round tube.
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    2015 BMW 535i xDrive
    2011 BMW 328i xDrive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by impala02
    Nice work. Personally, I never liked the look of the V. The bad thing about those old single pivot designs was that there was too much pedal bob and increasing the travel only makes it worse. However, with the stable platform technology in shocks today, it's no longer an issue. My only suggestion would be to make the tube from the seat post to the down tube a little more beefy. I also think it would look cool if it were boxed or square rather than a round tube.
    Thanks for the speedy reply! I personally love the V. Im still in line for a Prophet though. The platform shocks do a great deal these days. My good friend whose got a prophet now previously had a V. Youre right about the downtube, it should be a little beefed up. Especially if I try to make a DH Version like they ran a few of the years of production. I think it would be ok as it is though right now with a bit of cold forging. Im trying to get some cash together to grab a hold of my bike shop owners Uber V that he has for sale. Can't let this deal slide!

Heres the one I'm tryin to get a hold of:

Last edited by heals120; 11-04-2006 at 11:22 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

that's pretty cool, i don't think i've seen a bike chop before, nice work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    that's pretty cool, i don't think i've seen a bike chop before, nice work.
    Thanks! I have done well over 30 of them. I do a bunch of requests for people on a mountian bike form. This is the first one I've posted over here.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information