Buick Skylark

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Buick Skylark

Thanks

Buick Skylark

Didn't get a chance to clean the messy paper scan, but....

Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Buick Skylark

cars should have a hood, not a ramp

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider View Post
    cars should have a hood, not a ramp
    I was thinking the same thing.

The rest of the car is your best sedan yet, I think, though.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Actually, it was originally meant to be a re-worked Pontiac Fiero, but I didn't like what it was headed toward, so I made it a sedan and changed it into Buick instead, the hood is sloped because of that.

But thanx.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 ZHDesign57's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, looks like a late 80's cougar gone sedan, with some little stick on portholes.

GrandPrix...I'm sorry, but,...try drawing "newer looking" cars, man. I get where you're going, but almost everything from you looks like it belongs 10-20 years ago. If it's ideas you need, sit down, and just sketch out a whole page of nothing but different ideas for headlamps. Just do them real rough, when that looks good, think about your windows,...etc. But if you want to create a car that's well developed and current looking it takes time.....and then after that...bring all you ideas together. It might take a few hours or so, maybe a few days, but it's worth thinking about each part, and making it all work together. Personally, I find looking at new cars while I'm drawing my rough ideas out on junk paper helpful, like flipping through a Motor Trend, or something. Just to keep my mind focused on the way new cars look, and to get a little inspiration.

But If I was sitting in 1990 right now I'd say that's one hot car.

But look at Buick now, look at the Invicta Concept, Riviera Concept, or the Enclave,...That's the direction Buicks are going. Really, just try to bring your cars current looking. It will make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, you're making great progress, but there is room for improvement, always.
    Last edited by ZHDesign57; 08-15-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    "You can design a car, so every time you get in it, it's a relief - you have a little vacation." - Harley Earl

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements