Buick Invicta (plus interior).

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buick Invicta (plus interior).

Thanks

Buick Invicta (plus interior).

I decided to start a new thread (since I don't have any power in Reader's Talent) in the "correct" forum for this car.

So far, there have been two different approaches to a modern RWD Buick.

ACCartoons' approach is a classic woody-wagon.
    Chaseabryant's approach is a very radical sedan - almost a four-door coupe.

Here's mine - an elegant but performance-driven luxury sedan.

For those of you who have seen this before, I've made some revisions. First off, I made the front grille smaller. Also, I have accented the fender flares.

Image quality is a little "meh".
    Last edited by A.J.; 02-11-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Re: Buick Invicta.

The couple of changes are subtle, but definitely for the better. Again, I still really like the roofline: Pleasant yet sporty.

Do you have anything further in the works? You know, your usual interiors, etc?

-Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

Thanks

I'm nitpicking but only because you've done so good on it. I think that the headlights/taillights are a little too big for the car. Other than that it looks great and I'd love to see an interior.

Where does this car fit in? Above the LaCrosse or below the Regal?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaseabryant
    The couple of changes are subtle, but definitely for the better. Again, I still really like the roofline: Pleasant yet sporty.

Do you have anything further in the works? You know, your usual interiors, etc?

-Chase
    Yes, an interior will be drawn - I'll probably do it over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CadiEldo67
    I'm nitpicking but only because you've done so good on it. I think that the headlights/taillights are a little too big for the car. Other than that it looks great and I'd love to see an interior.

Where does this car fit in? Above the LaCrosse or below the Regal?
    They're not big - they're just swept back.

You'll notice that there are no styling nods to any of the Buick concepts that were co-developed with GM China.
    • No Riviera...
    • No Invicta/Lacrosse...
    • No Business...

Instead, I looked to the Enclave and Velite - the cars that I think should define the modern Buick. Plus, a sweep-spear.

As for the car's placement, it would fit in above the Lacrosse (or, in my dream lineup, a FWD Lucerne), and below an Electra that sits on a LWB Sigma-series platform. Think Lexus GS.
    Last edited by A.J.; 02-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 Times in 1,426 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 Envoy/'20 Colorado

Maybe it's just how I'm looking at it, but this looks way too small to slot above the LaCrosse.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
    2020 Chevrolet Colorado W/T Extended Cab (State-issued)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Maybe it's just how I'm looking at it, but this looks way too small to slot above the LaCrosse.
    Price, equipment and performance. That's how it slots above the Lacrosse. It is a little bit smaller than the Lacrosse, let me make that completely clear.

It needs to be a smaller but more premium vehicle - for a few reasons. A) It would theoretically share its platform with the CTS (a midsize-large vehicle), and B) It has to be equipped well enough to compete with the Lexus GS and next-gen Infiniti M.
    Last edited by A.J.; 02-08-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

Nice man! I got a question, for the interior are ya willing to do a modern design?
    no buttons, similar to the XTS? it would be cool.
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MalibuMaxxSS06's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks very nice. Squaring off the rear end would make it look stronger! Bravo!

Thanks

Re: Buick Invicta (plus interior).

Now presenting the interior.

The elegance theme continues through the interior. The buttons are arranged in a wing-esque design. HVAC controls, D-pad, hazards, and rear audio/HVAC toggle are up top; navigation, radio, and setup controls are in the middle; and CD/Aux audio controls are on the bottom. The controls most frequently used by the driver - volume, temperature, fan speed, air flow, hazards, eject - are on the left side.

The central OLED screen is downright huge, and is not touch-enabled, to save costs (functions are carried using the D-pad). The guage cluster is a physical guage cluster, but is lit in such a way that it "disappears" when the car is turned off. Up above the guage cluster is a head-up display. The sound system is a premium 11-speaker system - six up front, five in the back.

Take note of the steering wheel - paddle shifters! The only transmission available is a six-speed paddle-shift automatic.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Very Infiniti M interior.
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening View Post
    Very Infiniti M interior.
    Yes, the drawing was in fact inspired by the current-gen M. I also looked at the new-gen Infiniti M, the Hyundai Genesis, the Buick Lacrosse, and the Buick Enclave.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MalibuMaxxSS06's Avatar
    Thanks

Great interior, very inviting. Looks very upscale, however; why do the seats look like toilet seats? No offense.
    Last edited by MalibuMaxxSS06; 02-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

That's a great drawing. I'd try to make the tail end more aggressive, but the rest of the car looks like a Buick with clean, classy lines and obvious luxury. I'd love to see this become a reality.

If you want a new Chevy, I have it! Hidden Content
    If you want to get rid of your old car, I'll take it! Hidden Content
    I can give you $2,000 or more for any trade if you buy a used vehicle! Hidden Content
    NEW VEHICLES UNDER MSRP

Another dealer: "You're too much of a gearhead to sell cars." Hidden Content

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information