Alienware Speedster

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alienware Speedster

Thanks

Alienware Speedster

Since I work on an Alienware I thought, I should think out of the box, and design a vehicle that brings attention to how the vehicle started. We all know concept of tommorrow, are now designed on computers. Here is my entry, the Alienware Speedster!
    Last edited by corvtteroad; 01-26-2006 at 12:18 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Alienware Speedster

I don't like the nose so much. Its an interesting concept that'd turn a few heads at an autoshow. I don't like the lime green color; its ugly. What is Alienware, I've never heard of it before.

Thanks

Cool! Reminds me of a missile, very cool.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Ok, try silver w/ green like the Aurora 7500.You could add more details/something to the nose. Right now you see it but it does hold your attention. Headlights, in an interesting shape, might work. I'd suggest vertical, curved ones to emphasize the look of the wheel wells. The tailights should have some shadows/light playing across them like the engine does.
    :EDIT: How about a fourwheeler instead of three?
    Last edited by armstrong; 01-25-2006 at 03:14 PM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 OzoneGTX's Avatar
    Orlando, Florida (formerly Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
    Thanks

So if it were produced, would it be rediculously overpriced and come out cheaper if I bought all the components seperately and put them together myself?

But about the car, not sure I like the front end, but I like the effort put into it. I like the interior. The center console looks like a cross between a Carrera GT and the small Volvo with the thin ceneter consol (forgot the name). And you did the whole backround yourself, did you not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OzoneGTX
    So if it were produced, would it be rediculously overpriced and come out cheaper if I bought all the components seperately and put them together myself?
    Actually I think the Alienware systems are worth it. I've built enough systems to know what a well-integrated, well-tested setup is worth to me, as opposed to my cheap home-brew that may or may not give me major headaches. And its hard to beat an Alienware laptop if you're a gamer on the go.

BTW, love the car. The green needs more realism it looks too CG'ish.

Thanks

Ok, Im modifying the color, Ill give a more 3/4 shot showing more of nose.

As to Background, I did do this background building combo of 3D Studio and Bryce 5.

Thanks

Its ok. Better than I could do on a software program. The green isn't working. Love the interior. I see alot of Carrera GT with the center console.

Thanks

wow, that's insane, i think chrome would be a good color.

Thanks

Ill have a new render posted soon, but I can submit two designs, correct, I hope so, see my other The cadillac titan.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Yuck! Nice interior though! (sans cetner of steering "Wheel") But just like their recent computer cases, I think I need to go throw up when seein it...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

Thanks

Actually Says, SRS on steering wheel. I think their cases are cool, best on the market without going custom, better then a box, lol.

Thanks

I'm not really a fan of this. A+ for effort and creativity though.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 112,000 mi.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 OzoneGTX's Avatar
    Orlando, Florida (formerly Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by importedtuna
    Actually I think the Alienware systems are worth it. I've built enough systems to know what a well-integrated, well-tested setup is worth to me, as opposed to my cheap home-brew that may or may not give me major headaches. And its hard to beat an Alienware laptop if you're a gamer on the go.
    I'm sure they're great computers, and the laptops are great with the swappable graphics cars. And they offer many options when you build one online.

On the other hand, I'm by no means a computer whiz, but I started upgrading my 3-year old eMachines desktop for a little gaming. One thing led to another and one new part required the upgrade of another, and before I knew it, I ended building my own new PC sans optical and hard drive. Spent under $700 on a motherboard, graphics card, RAM, processor, and a nice ATX case with power supply. And I could have gotten it all for a lot less had I ordered all my parts online.

I haven't ran it yet since I'm still awaiting the processor and RAM, but the hardware build was easier than I thought. Of course my first time took me quite a while and with a little frustration, but I've learned from that and now its easy, as I've had to tear it down and put it all back together a few times since i built it. I just hope I didn't fry any components with static though I made sure to ground myself on the case. My dad called me from Jersey and told me my processor arrived. Then he told me he took it out of the box to look at it. I'm scared.

But if this goes well, I don't think I'll buy another prebuilt desktop again. And if my dad wants one, I'll build it myself. I find it kind of fun. If you've built so many systems, PM me and give me some tips on this.

Thanks

oh, i forgot one major rule in these contests, the car has to be made by a gm brand...so, you could get away with "it's a GM concept", with a 'GM' badge somewherre on it.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information