The 2012 Cadillac Escalade According to CrunkedRL: Edit

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade According to CrunkedRL: Edit

Thanks

Talking The 2012 Cadillac Escalade According to CrunkedRL: Edit

Current Model

Future Model

It was difficult trying to make a land barge this size look stylish. I think it's one of my best evolutionary designs yet.

Your opinions are welcomed
    Last edited by CrunkedRL; 06-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mustapha Mond's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

Re: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade According to CrunkedRL

I like it right up to the D pillar, which for some reason reminds me of a hearse. Granted that might well be the next ride for some of Cadillac's customer base, but do we want to remind them of the fact?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha Mond View Post
    I like it right up to the D pillar, which for some reason reminds me of a hearse. Granted that might well be the next ride for some of Cadillac's customer base, but do we want to remind them of the fact?
    I know I figured I would get dinged on the D pilar but I decided to go with it the huge blindspot anyway since that is the new direction for most of the newer Cadillacs' I've seen. Appreciate the feedback.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Not bad. Reminds me of a Tiguan or Touareg.
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 chevydlrmn's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Silverado Z71 6.2

[QUOTE=Mustapha Mond;2089938]I like it right up to the D pillar, which for some reason reminds me of a hearse.QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

I've been thinking about this design all day and to me what's lacking is a visible b pillar. If that element were more prominent I think the overall design would work better.
    Last edited by Mustapha Mond; 06-24-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks

[quote=chevydlrmn;2090540]
    I like it right up to the D pillar, which for some reason reminds me of a hearse.QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.
    I've been thinking about this design all day and to me what's lacking is a visible b pillar. If that element were more prominent I think the overall design would work better.
    Ok I made a few changes to the D pilar and the rear bumper let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

Re: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade According to CrunkedRL: Edit

That pillarless look is growing on me. I don't know if it's possible from a structural standpoint though. An unintended consequence of your chop is that the roof rails have disappeared. I like that, any new design should minimize them as much as possible, to make it look less like a Yukon. The overall effect is to make the profile more elegant, less truck-like. It's got potential, no question.

Thanks

That pillarless look is growing on me. I don't know if it's possible from a structural standpoint though. An unintended consequence of your chop is that the roof rails have disappeared. I like that, any new design should minimize them as much as possible, to make it look less like a Yukon. The overall effect is to make the profile more elegant, less truck-like. It's got potential, no question.

Ok I finally fixed it I was wondering too why the rendering was looking a lil' off but there it is.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

Much better, it doesn't look like a truck at all anymore. I'm hesitant about the fat blind spot. That's going to draw criticism, but as you say, it appears to be one of Cadillac's style cues lately. What is the current status of Escalade? Is Cadillac in the midst of redesigning it? I have so little interest in the model that I don't really keep up.

Thanks

Much better, it doesn't look like a truck at all anymore. I'm hesitant about the fat blind spot. That's going to draw criticism, but as you say, it appears to be one of Cadillac's style cues lately. What is the current status of Escalade? Is Cadillac in the midst of redesigning it? I have so little interest in the model that I don't really keep up.
    As of currently the GMT-900's are not set to be replaced until 2013 by then they will be very long in the tooth as they are already beginning to show their age with minimal updates. As far as I know I have not seen any designs for the upcoming fullsize triplets but if they hold true to the news released months ago about the new Silvy they will be a lil' bolder in style....you know like mine
    Last edited by CrunkedRL; 06-24-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

Why is everybody so insistent on maintaining the Escalade's boring rectilinear stance? I've seen dozens of chops of Escalades and they're all the same theme: various styling doodads affixed to basically two big boring boxes.

Be daring. Give it a gently rising beltline. Give it an SRX-style roof. Bulge those fender flares a bit. Keep it big. Keep it bling. But sheesh, would somebody do up a 'slade that doesn't look like a tarted-up Chevy SUV?

Crunked, I like the idea of the thicker C-pillar. Work it in with a sloping roof and it'll probably come off better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
    Why is everybody so insistent on maintaining the Escalade's boring rectilinear stance? I've seen dozens of chops of Escalades and they're all the same theme: various styling doodads affixed to basically two big boring boxes.

Be daring. Give it a gently rising beltline. Give it an SRX-style roof. Bulge those fender flares a bit. Keep it big. Keep it bling. But sheesh, would somebody do up a 'slade that doesn't look like a tarted-up Chevy SUV?

Crunked, I like the idea of the thicker C-pillar. Work it in with a sloping roof and it'll probably come off better.
    Hmmm I think you may inspired me to be a lil more daring... Let me get back with you on that.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information