The 2011 Humvette H2 Super Sport.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 Humvette H2 Super Sport.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

The 2011 Humvette H2 Super Sport.

My 1st entry (the two-tone version).

The 2011 Humvette H2 Super Sport. Sportscar performance, Hummer power.

This is a rough chop of what pgill00 suggests:

This is what I started with:

To open pics and auto resize to fit your page, click here.
    http://s07.picshome.com/a5e/humvette_small.jpg
    http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Hu...pt_05_1024.jpg

Last edited by MonaroSS; 12-23-2006 at 05:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Re: The 2011 Humvette H2 Super Sport.

O.K.

So which color looks best, the Black or the Grey and Blue?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Nicely done, but IMO, it's kinda ugly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    Nicely done, but IMO, it's kinda ugly.
    Hi Peugeot_206,

Opinions are great, but without explanation they are worthless.

Could you please elaborate on what you don't like about the design. If you hadn't noticed I can change anything and everything!

For example, did you find the H3T I based the design on ugly? And why? Is it you like Euro-smooth like Peugeot, for example?

To explain, I might find your girlfriend ugly because she has a gaping puss filled oozing sore on her otherwise angelic face. It would be nice if I said to you that your girlfriend was beautiful, other than that curable ugly weeping sore, rather than just say to you that your have a dog of a girlfriend!

Is my car a dog of a car, or just oozing puss from a curable deficit? You really should tell me in all honesty.

Last edited by MonaroSS; 11-10-2006 at 05:10 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

First, the front facia is too slanted, making everything upfront too tilted.

Also, the car's rear door isn't substantial enough for me...........

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

First, the front facia is too slanted, making everything upfront too tilted.
    Thanks Peugot_206,

Unfortunately of all the things I could do to change my design, your suggestion is the one thing I WOULD NOT do. But thanks anyway. You just don't like what I like.

The slanting IS what I find beautiful. The old bluff upright front of the normal Hummer IS what I find UGLY.

That is not uncommon. Most Americans don't like what the rest of the world likes. It is not some mystery it is science. Scientists have proven beyond doubt no more nor less than COMMONALITY dictates beauty. In other words, if your face is the most COMMON face of all the people's face that your people see every day then you are the most BEAUTIFUL face that can be. It explains all theories about beauty.

If you have the most average eyes, and the most average lips and the most average forehead then you have the most beautiful face. If you are beautiful then you are AVERAGE, No more No Less.

Unfortunately there is a DOWN SIDE to this discovery. What is YOUR most average changes and is dependant upon what you see on average every day both in real life and in TV land. So Japanese people now think that slant eyed people are no longer beautiful, just because they see more Americans on TV than Japanese people. They now have more eye surgery than the rest of the world to change their look to AMERICAN, because that is what they see every day.

Also, it means that in a land where the most common vehicle is the GIANT SUV then ALL AMERICANS are scientifically influenced by the BEAUTY AVERAGE to believe that a BIG MONSTER UPRIGHT GRILLE AND BLUNT SNOUT is the most beautiful thing they have seen on a vehicle.

So a slanted aerodynamic grille is seen as beautiful in Australia and Asian and Europe, but is seen as just plain ugly ONLY IN AMERICA.

And that is why the rest of the world can't understand why Americans love the Chrysler 300C or the Charger or the current Cadillac’s, because they are beautiful only to people who on AVERAGELY SEE BIG TRUCKS every day of there life. This is not a trick, it is a scientifically proven fact. And it explains why Americans love what the rest of the world finds UGLY. And is why Americans find ugly what the rest of the world finds beautiful.

If you are European or Aussie or Asian and averagely see only finely sculptured cars every day, then you are scientifically determined to think Americans have the worst appreciation for beauty in the world. But unfortunately they only believe what their senses tell them on average to believe is beautiful.

SO WHO is RIGHT? EVERYONE is right!! You just can’t beat science. If you show someone ugly every day of their life they will grow to LOVE ugly. But we do know from the 50's and 60's that Americans once knew what real beauty was.

Its just scientific fact.

Also, the car's rear door isn't substantial enough for me...........
    BTW you do know that MY CAR does not have a REAR DOOR don't you?

Last edited by MonaroSS; 11-10-2006 at 07:32 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

maybe I should elaborate.

The facia is too slanted, making the car's features look rather compressed.

Also, IMO, the door could use some rocker panel on the bottom.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

maybe I should elaborate.

The facia is too slanted, making the car's features look rather compressed.

Also, IMO, the door could use some rocker panel on the bottom.
    Well we can't agree on the facia, but I can elaborate on the lack of a rocker panel.

This car is way smaller than current Hummers and much more agile. It is, if you will, a production Dakar Buggy, meaning it has superb ground clearance (no lower rocker panel) and has very low unsprung weight. This allows it to traverse uneven ground at very high speeds.

It's front mounted 3.0 V6 turbo 300 hp bio-deisel with dry sump is mounted to slant up towards the rear (the opposite of most cars) and the rear 6 speed Corvette transaxle and 2 speed electric differential slopes down towards the rear.

This allows a two peice drive shaft between engine and transaxle that splits in the middle high up, for greatest ground clearance, at a rigid bearing with two universal joints either side. Everything about this design is for a reason. It's designed for maximum performance both on and off road.

Last edited by MonaroSS; 11-11-2006 at 12:49 AM.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

O.K.

I have to say this:

There is something wrong in the world today. In the 1950's and 1960's teenagers knew 75,000 words, today they know only 15,000 words. Has the world missed something? Does this bode well for the world? I think they now say UGLY when they mean DIFFERENT.

Frankly I don't think teenagers today know what "bode" means or what "transpositional" means or what "divergent" or "disillusion" means. I don't think teens know what "ecstatic" means, or what "functionality" means. Do they even know what “disenfranchisement” means? I don’t think so. I think that the last lost statement of the west will be something like; “This I-Pod color doesn’t f…ing match my designer jeans”.

There you said it again. “This I-Pod color doesn’t f…ing match my designer jeans”. This will be the echo out into the universe as the last of our generation fades away into small mindedness.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Nice Monolauge, Monaro.

Thanks

Monaro, you posted something, and you got criticism. Then you go off defending everything you did, and you have a rant against teenagers. Just because someone doesn't like your design doesn't mean you have to get so upset about it.

Thanks

The slanted nose is ok, for me its the box. It just looks too wimpy to support the Hummer image or a useful payload. Beefing up the sides with a wheel flare will still keep it sporty but lend itself more to a truck image.

Thanks

oh, also do like the two tone colour with the blue

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CetaceaMania
    Monaro, you posted something, and you got criticism. Then you go off defending everything you did, and you have a rant against teenagers. Just because someone doesn't like your design doesn't mean you have to get so upset about it.
    You know CetaceaMania,

Whatever that name is meant to mean, but what you need to know is that I post a pic of what I think is a competent design and the only response is some git saying he thinks it's ugly. Now it may be ugly, but statistical science says it probably isn't. I also notice that a hundred other people have viewed the site and have seen that the only response is that it is ugly and they also post no response.

Am I unreasonable in then assuming that those 100 viewers were more inclined to think the design was worthy of labelling as ugly than to say it was nondescript? I think not. So f-you. I’m not your whipping post.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Nice Monolauge, Monaro.
    Yes and F-you Peugot_206.

I know what it's like to be young and cocky, but really you need to be a better artist if what you draw is to be taken seriously. Forget all that crap abstract **************** you are drawing now. Try to draw reality and you will get much further. Have you seen Chip Foose draw? When did you last see him draw fried egg shaped wheels like your do? Or proportions that can only exist in a freak show? Not at all. If you want to get ahead then try drawing reality.

I am approaching 50 but when I was a teen I drew this with a Bic ballpoint pen. The current head of GM car design in North America was only a year behind me in my design class. My more than quarter century old drawing is much better than this low res scan shows.

The day you can do better, you start and get smart with me.

Just a little advice from an old expert.
    Last edited by MonaroSS; 11-18-2006 at 08:56 AM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information