2009 Chevy Malibu SS *UPDATE 1*

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Chevy Malibu SS *UPDATE 1*

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

2009 Chevy Malibu SS *UPDATE 1*

*UPDATED* - I have added the wheels to it! Hope you like!

I'd like to point out some things...

The drawing on the right, a top-down picture of the green house and a bit of the front and rear are shown. The entire top, aside from the rectangle you see, is glass, from the windshield to the rear window. The rectangle is only a border around a G6-style sunroof... slabs of glass that, when you want it open, will slide back. The "CHEVY" you see on that glass is frosted...

On the middle picture, you see the rear. As you see, it has alot of the SS concept, as that long piece is aluminum. Circular lights are there, and a chrome bar accent it. In the center is where the license plate goes. The seeingly vast empty spaces on either side of it glow, which would also help to make it look rather interesting.
    Below that, on the bumper, the "MALIB..." spells out "MALIBU" if you could see the entire bumper. HOWEVER, it'll now say "MALIBU" instead. It is imprinted, like that on a Mustang. At the top you see part of the rectange. If you can see, there are two of, from that view, look like slits. The bottom one is the third brake light, LED's going across the light. You may have also noticed (back to the bumper) that there's some odd shapes... remind you of, say, the Aura exhaust? Yip, that's the exhaust you see...
    You'll also probably notice that the wheels are pushed all the way to the edge for more enhanced handling, as well as more aggressive style...

The top picture is a front view. You can see the lights in there. The two outter circular lights low beam (outter) and high beam (second in) projectors. The next one in, which is harder to see, is a blinker. The far inside circle is a driving light lamp.
    The huge front grill, as well as the smaller bumper grill, have no mesh over them, but rather are inset two-three inches to give it that wide-open, gaping look. You may also notice the crawl on the hood...

Going to the bottom picture, obviously the profile, you'll notice a short rear deck and a sleek, yet bold overall design. The "SS" emblems on either side of the car on the fenders will glow with the parking lights, and will flash brightly with the blinkers. Below it denotes the 400-cubes under the hood...

Any questions? Hope you like!

Oh yes! One more thing... if someone can draw low-profile tires and good-looking rims for profile view, I'd really appreciate it, as I am not good at that...

Hope you like!

Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 01-25-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: '07 Chevelle SS

looks a bit short a boxy for a chevelle... should be really long and low, completely against the tall, almost crossover style that's becoming depressingly prevalent. The FWD Camry fighter in the lineup can do the tall, boxy look.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Re: '07 Chevelle SS

Ya, in the drawing it's longer, wider, and lower... I think when I scanned it it changed a bit and squeezed it...

EDIT: I've messed around w/ the sizing, and widened the pic a bit to look more like it does on paper...
    Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 01-19-2005 at 03:43 PM.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Re: '07 Chevelle SS *UPDATE 1*

I'll draw up a new one later on today when I got the time... similar top and rear, but profile will look alot diff, particularly from b pillar forward... as well as a bit different front view, but keeping the SS concept look still there for the modern look... make it a little more squarish, bolder, broader shoulders...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks

if chevrolet brought back the chevelle anytime soon it would almost certainly be based on the same platform as the GTO so it would look similar, different front and rear ends of coarse but other than the the specs would probobly be identical.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

I don't think that's very good... I mean, size-wise, wasn't Chevelle larger than GTO? Maybe not, I was thinking it was... plus, GTO should have more power and performance... better performer than Chevelle (though not sayin Chevelle should be slow by any means... just that GTO needs to go above and beyond...)
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks

the chevelle and gto were really close to the same size.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acascianelli
    if chevrolet brought back the chevelle anytime soon it would almost certainly be based on the same platform as the GTO so it would look similar, different front and rear ends of coarse but other than the the specs would probobly be identical.
    actually if chevy brought the gto back it would be on the zeta platform in 07 aong with the redesigned gto and they would most likely look similar, but chevy is not bringing back the chevelle on the current gtos platform.

Thanks

so the chevelle will be like a poor mans corvette?

Thanks

I don't really like it. Sorry.......
    It just doesn't appeal to me. The tailights look like an 80s Toyota MR2....And the front's grille looks awkward and out of proportion.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

I like it....more or less.

Grr...I've a feeling that's not what you want to read, but...it looks a wee bit too much like an importish car to me. Make sense? I like the lines, but it doesn't exactly scream "Chevelle" to me....

Definitely a good effort, here, but perhaps a bit smoother...and that huge bowtie on the grill....no no no .

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
    '72/'6/'9/'81/'7, train/models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
    MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html

Thanks

The profile of that car looks a heck of a lot more like a Camaro than it does a Chevelle. Too small and sleek looking. Chevelles were always about brute power and muscle. Your drawing looks more like agility and quickness.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Re: Name this car!

Ah, I think I like it. Looks very solid... not quite bulky, but certainly not a lightweight. For some reason I wouldn't say it's very 'Camaro'... looks like a slightly different class, somehow. Good job man!
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by CaveTroll15
    The profile of that car looks a heck of a lot more like a Camaro than it does a Chevelle.
    *nods*

That's it...Camaro!!

Er, maybe. I'm not sure.... But I do agree that it looks more Camaroish than Chevelleish....

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Re: Name this car!

hehe

Looks like it's in no-mans-land, between the 'maro and Chevelle...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information