2008 Pontiac "Zeta" Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Pontiac "Zeta" Concept

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Gturismo1's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up 2008 Pontiac "Zeta" Concept

Got bored...haven't chopped anything in a while...

Its still somewhat of a work in progress though...

Started with a Commodore SS-V as a base image, threw in some Pontiac styling cues, but decided to go over-the-top with them. So on went dual-round headlamps, big front air dam, signature Pontiac grille, and of course hoodscoops. The end result came out agressive and sporty, without being too far of a departure from previous designs.

With lens flare...

High-Resolution...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: 2008 Pontiac "Zeta" Concept

Awesome, great job!

Thanks

looks very BMW M5-ish but I see that as a good thing as they sell many of those and I dunno if they still are with the idea but I remember they said they wanted Pontiac to be the BMW of american cars.I think it would also look pretty sweet with angel eyes. all in all great job!
    Last edited by suburbanfoo; 08-21-2006 at 06:11 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suburbanfoo
    looks very BMW M5-ish but I see that as a good thing as they sell many of those and I dunno if they still are with the idea but I remember they said they wanted Pontiac to be the BMW of american cars.I think it would also look pretty sweet with angel eyes. all in all great job!
    I remember something to that effect also. It would be very smart for Pontiac to go up-market. It's supposed to be the "Excitement" division, marketing cars that are supposed to be performance oriented, right?

Well what better way than going after BMW, not so much in price, but in performance. Have Chevrolet be bread-and-butter, and have Pontiac be more performance centered. They really need to differentiate Chevy from Pontiac, especially after the Cobalt-G5 fiasco. I understand why the G5 exists (dealerships cried foul when Chevy had a compact and they didn't)...but all it did was damage Pontiac's brand identity.

What is so performance oriented about a Cobalt with a Pontiac noseplate? Its the same car, same engine, same drivetrain, but because of a noseplate, one car is performance oriented? Give me a break. GM needs to stop badge-engineering, and start re-establishing brand-image.

GM needs to start taking some chances with its designs, and stop playing the conservative card. It worked for Cadillac, time to re-apply some of that magic to Pontiac. The Solstice was a step in the right direction, lets keep the momentum going

P.S. Glad you like the design
    Last edited by Gturismo1; 08-21-2006 at 08:15 AM.

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

Ooh, I like that! Nice!

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LAChevy24's Avatar
    Thanks

looks awsome, is it possible to get some more angles?

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 flashisflamable's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like a caliber competition

Thanks

Oh yeah, I like it. I love the bold and aggressive grille and lights on it. Very nice!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Very nice work..looks great..I do see a little dodge, mainly the bottom of the headlights..but that aside, i dig it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    Very nice work..looks great..I do see a little dodge, mainly the bottom of the headlights..but that aside, i dig it.
    Yeah, it was a side effect of using the double round headlights. But I wanted to go for a throwback look, back to the good old days when "double-round" headlights were common on Pontiacs. Kinda of merge the future with the past

Plus I didn't want to put some jellybean shaped headlamp arrangement in there as it didn't give me the aggressive look I was going for.

Back in the day, some car designers used animals as inspiration, and the look I was going for was that of an eagle. I'm one of those "crazy" people who believe cars have faces But look at the picture below, and then look at the car, you can see where mother nature can offer some of the best design cues out there

looks awsome, is it possible to get some more angles?
    I might give it a try when I get back from vacation near the end of the week...

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Wow, I like that! It's a little overdone, which is what a Pontiac should be. The grille is huge, but looks very aggressive. That's a very unique use of the scallopped headlights many companies are using these days. That's a true Pontiac in the vein of the 'Rageous' concept. Awesome! Can't wait to see other views!
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks

i like it, but when you did the hoodscoops you forgot to show the depth (right word?). like the lines that make the scoops on there now look more like this and less like this:
    more:

less:

-camaroman22

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gturismo1
    Yeah, it was a side effect of using the double round headlights. But I wanted to go for a throwback look, back to the good old days when "double-round" headlights were common on Pontiacs. Kinda of merge the future with the past

Plus I didn't want to put some jellybean shaped headlamp arrangement in there as it didn't give me the aggressive look I was going for.

Back in the day, some car designers used animals as inspiration, and the look I was going for was that of an eagle. I'm one of those "crazy" people who believe cars have faces But look at the picture below, and then look at the car, you can see where mother nature can offer some of the best design cues out there

I might give it a try when I get back from vacation near the end of the week...
    Hey, sometimes they look like they do! I can definitley see the Eagle connection. I really dig this design! Very Pontiac, not that hard to do (based on the VE) but yet it looks agressive while not be a complete, expensive reskin. Good work, I can't wait to see the other angles of the design.

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

Thanks

I've got an idea too...why don't you try making a more "toned" down version too..like based on the regular Commodore or something? Just a thought.

Thanks

personally i think they should just re-badge.so you don't have the monaro = pig ugly gto that pontiac did. but if they do a front clip redesign to make it look PONTIAC this looks good. ve in the flesh looks FANTASTIC!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information