2008 Aviva Allegro

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2008 Aviva Allegro

  1. #1
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2008 Aviva Allegro

    Well since everyone was showing their own fictional Marques, I'd figure I'd show mine.



    Rundown

    Aviva= Average Everday Marque. Competes with Honda, Toyota, Chevy and others

    Buracane= Luxury Marque, Competes with Audi, Mercedes, BMW.

    Firerise= Low-cost marque, all cars can be had under $10,000.

    Iagei= Company that owns them all.







    ---------------------------


    Cleveland OH- Iagei Motors Incorporated just released Specs on their New Compact C-segment Car, the Aviva Allegro.


    Riding atop the DM platform, the Allegro is the first car to display this new platform. The DM platform and its variants (DL, DN) will be shared with at least Three other cars, all of which will see Sales in the US.

    The Allegro is Smaller than its Main competitors; Honda Civic and Montgomery Icon, but only in length. The Wheelbase is longer than both cars, but the overhangs are impossibly short, maybe even the shortest on a car of this class and price. This makes for a More Balanced, nimble and overall fun to drive package over its competitors. Like its smaller stablemate the Kier, the Allegros engine has been mounted lower and farther back for a close to 50/50 weight distribution. (45/55) The Engine and platform Is safe too, the engine is designed to bounce under the car instead of inside the cabin. The car is also lighter too, the sedan weighing in just over 2400lbs.

    Outside, the dramatic straight lines flow into a tall, short deck trunk lid. The Rear jeweled lights are neat and clean, and different, having only one Reverse light instead of the traditional American two. The Front Triangular Lamps are clear and Crisp at night, sporting HID lamps. The Wheels range from 16 to 18 in size and nicely compliment the sharp lines.

    Inside, the Two Level dash board is quite unique. It has four storage boxes, and one open cubby hole. There is a Standard 12-volt plug outlet in the dashboard to plug up and charge things such as Small Appliances, Cell Phones and more. The triangular theme is carried out further in the dashboard. The Front seats are roomy and Upright, giving you a commanding view of the road. The rear seats are quite roomy, boasting more legroom than the Montgomery Icon and room for three six-foot adults. The rear seat bottom opens to find an in seat Storage bin. The rear seat does fold to form a pass through to the trunk.

    Performance wise, there is a wide choice of engines, all capable of running on E85 Ethanol (Excluding Diesel Engine). The Allegretto, Grace and B model grades come standard with the 1.4L 97HP 5800RPM , 87 Ft lbs of torque, and the CX, CXE and Elegance come with the 1.7L 138HP 6000RPM, 120 ft lbs of torque engine. The Rallentando Model comes with a Tuned 2.2L 197HP 6200RPM, 166ft lbs of torque engine, and a LSD. To add the 1.5L 93HP TDV (Turbo Diesel) Diesel Engine capable of running fully on BioDiesel, (excluding Rallentando) add $960 to the price.

    Prices go as follow:
    B- $13,125
    Allegretto- $13,855
    CX- $14,125
    CXE-$14,955
    Grace-$15,250
    Elegance-$16,125
    Rallentando-$18,550

    --------------

    Allegro Sedan CXE shown in "The Sky"


    Allegro Wagon CX shown in "Mint"


    Allegro Coupe Rallentando shown in "Coco"


    Rear of the Allegro Sedan TDV-Elegance shown in an Exclusive color to the diesel model, "Money"



    Allegro Interior Shot

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 camaroman22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,497
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    i really like that one

  4. #3
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    i really like that one
    It's the best one there.

    They're all kind of 'squashed.' All of your drawings are typically like this, along with boxiness. You've got potential, but, as I've read in many posts, take your time. I know you rush ('CSS' thread). Usually I only spend 30-40 minutes tops on one of my drawings, not including breaks.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 chaseabryant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,152
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Wow, these are really neat. I like how you have utilized the color to help add dimension and define the shapes of your vehicles. I REALLY like your rear view of the Sedan.

    I think it would be great if you started doing some interior drawings and rendering them as well. They look really interesting, and I for one rather like your style. It is really original and has such interesting design cues.

    -Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

  7. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Love the green sedan. Better so that the coupe - your best yet I'd say...

    But I think Allegro is a poor choice of name, for people who know what the original was anyway...

    Indeed i have also to think of a word that has less consonants in than Iagei- how exactly DO you say that any ways...??

  8. #6
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by MarioBro88
    It's the best one there.

    They're all kind of 'squashed.' All of your drawings are typically like this, along with boxiness. You've got potential, but, as I've read in many posts, take your time. I know you rush ('CSS' thread). Usually I only spend 30-40 minutes tops on one of my drawings, not including breaks.

    What? Thanks for the Critque, but "You've got potential", like you're SO much better than I am...........



    What is that?

  9. #7
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by tomprice
    Love the green sedan. Better so that the coupe - your best yet I'd say...

    But I think Allegro is a poor choice of name, for people who know what the original was anyway...

    Indeed i have also to think of a word that has less consonants in than Iagei- how exactly DO you say that any ways...??

    Iagei= I-***. (i know, that sounds bad)

  10. #8
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    What? Thanks for the Critque, but "You've got potential", like you're SO much better than I am...........



    What is that?
    OK, look. I wasn't saying I was better, because I KNOW I'm not too good at drawing cars. But you have the entirely wrong idea. What i mean is, they look nice, but not enough detail. Use some different characteristics to your cars to change their appearance, (trust me, I've been told my cars look the same, I can't see how, but I've been trying to use unique styles to each of my cars.) What I mean by 'you've got potential' is that currently, you're not GREAT, but keep practicing and you'll do excellent! These are OK, not superb. The main reason is your door lines. Each time I look at your drawings, the door lines (and handles, on occasion) are a bit wild. Example: The blue car you posted. The rear door line is extended a bit too far out, but giving in the 'full door line' would help its appearance. If you're confused by it, Loom at the BMW. The rear door turns in. Not all cars have to be like that (obviously), but in the case of your blue car, it would look much better turned down like that. One last thing: Change your design styles: Currently, most of your grilles have the 'rectangular' thing going on, try some split grilles, circular grilles, whatever! Look at other cars' grilles for inspiration! And just because you didn't get a 'WOW!' from me shouldn't result in a comeback at my comments. I was only trying to help you by pointing out what could be adjusted.

    I apologize if I came out rude to you. I only meant well. But to be honest, I don't believe that the 'like you're SO much better' was necessary. Let's put it this way: There's one specific thing you and I have in common (besides gender). I am not permitted to say it, but I think you can figure it out.
    Last edited by MarioBro88; 08-20-2007 at 04:07 PM.

  11. #9
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by MarioBro88
    OK, look. I wasn't saying I was better, because I KNOW I'm not too good at drawing cars. But you have the entirely wrong idea. What i mean is, they look nice, but not enough detail. Use some different characteristics to your cars to change their appearance, (trust me, I've been told my cars look the same, I can't see how, but I've been trying to use unique styles to each of my cars.) What I mean by 'you've got potential' is that currently, you're not GREAT, but keep practicing and you'll do excellent! These are OK, not superb. The main reason is your door lines. Each time I look at your drawings, the door lines (and handles, on occasion) are a bit wild. Example: The blue car you posted. The rear door line is extended a bit too far out, but giving in the 'full door line' would help its appearance. If you're confused by it, Loom at the BMW. The rear door turns in. Not all cars have to be like that (obviously), but in the case of your blue car, it would look much better turned down like that. One last thing: Change your design styles: Currently, most of your grilles have the 'rectangular' thing going on, try some split grilles, circular grilles, whatever! Look at other cars' grilles for inspiration! And just because you didn't get a 'WOW!' from me shouldn't result in a comeback at my comments. I was only trying to help you by pointing out what could be adjusted.

    I apologize if I came out rude to you. I only meant well. But to be honest, I don't believe that the 'like you're SO much better' was necessary. Let's put it this way: There's one specific thing you and I have in common (besides gender). I am not permitted to say it, but I think you can figure it out.

    I can see what you're getting at.



    Most of my late drawings have Rectangular Grilles, because they've almost all been Avivas. That is the design language of Aviva. The Curve in of the door cut is non-existant, because, the door cut follows the line of the wheel well. (like the chevy cavilier) I did that to maximize space, since the car is rather short. I like being wild and different, since it's supposed to compete with cars like the Honda Civic.

    And I can't see the other thing we have in common.








    ---------

    Iagei is pronounced I- G A Y.

  12. #10
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 chaseabryant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,152
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

    Re: 2008 Aviva Allegro

    Quote Originally Posted by Peugeot_206
    Iagei= I-***. (i know, that sounds bad)
    I don't mean to tell you how you should tell people to pronounce things, however I would suggest possibly making the name be pronounced like E-AH-G A Y, making the "a" somewhat audible. Actually, thinking about this, when you say "I" are you pronouncing it "eye" or "E" like the end of "Me"

    -Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2