2007 Pontiac Fiero

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Pontiac Fiero

Thanks
    Hey guys, I usually hang out in the Design competition threads but thought I'd post these here to get a little feedback from others.

Up first is my Original 94 Fiero using then New Firebird styling cues for a family resemblence.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Second up was a Sketch using Solstice cues but still remaining Mid Engined.

Thanks
    For my third Fiero, I wanted to go a little more Sleek, a bit more Smooth and Modern.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My fourth Fiero Started out as a GT but I decided to Go back 1/2 way through and made it a Base 2M4 Fiero, using an Eco Tech Four Cylinder as a Base Engine and offering a Supercharged Eco Tech in the Fiero SE.

This is my most traditional Fiero, as I used many styling cues from the original but integrated them with current Pontiac themes.

Thanks
    But, I just couldn't resist going back to make it a GT! I went back and redesigned the Sail Panel/Quarter window to give it that fastback Fiero look but couldn't stop there. A Fiero GT needed a little more Driving Excitment!

I intend the GT to use the300 Horsepower V6 used in the Buick Vellite Concept, So it needed to be a Proper GT. I added the Ground Effects, Brake Cooling scoops in the Fog Light housing, Larger Side Scoops Integrated into the Side Skirt panel, and a Full width Ram Air Scoop along the back of the roof, that would feed the Engine Cold Air through Ducts Integrated into the Sail Panels.

I guestimate a weight of about 2800 lb's, so with a 300 Horsepower V6 This would be the car Pontiac needs to Revive the Fiero GT! :woot2:

Thanks
    nice job, i really like the first one.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks
    The last Fiero you made (the one based on the upcoming Lotus Esprit) really made me think that a Pontiac SUPERCAR would be great against the Ford GT.

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Thanks
    Thanks guys, Yeah RC, I'd love to see the Fiero return as competition to the Ford GT, but My Concept (though My Rendering used a Lotus Esprit Rendering for it's basis) would not quite be in the Ford GT's League. However using a 300 Horse V6 in a car as light as this(2800 lb, Estimated) would put it in a Class all it's own on the streets of America, especially at a Fiero's Price Tag. I figured that given the Proper backing, a Fiero such as this could Really Boost not only Pontiac's Image but GM's as well! Imagine the Fiero Starting at a $18,000 for a Base 170 horse 2M4, a $22,000 SE with a 240 Horse Supercharged Eco Tech, :P and a $26,000 Loaded 300 Horsepowered GT. :woot2: This would essentially fill the vacancy of the now departed Firebird/Trans Am, as competition to the Ford Mustang.

One Small Tweak, Spoiler added to Fiero GT.

Thanks
    Well I have been working on a convertible. I figure if the Solstice is going after the Miata, then a convertible Fiero 2M4, would be the car to take on the MR2.

Thanks
    But a Fiero convertible in GT form, with a 300 horse V6, would annihilate the MR2! :woot2: The small scoop on the quarter panel on the GT would be for the Ram Air, since the Roof Scoop would be lost.

Thanks
    These are all just awesome. . . Wow. . . I haven't even seen all of the entries for the Fiero contest yet, but I couldn't imagine voting for anything other than this one. Awesome.

Thanks
    Gee, Thanks CaveTroll15, I have tried my best to capture the essence of the Original Fiero in a Modern way. I have LOVED FIero's since 82 or 83 when my mom went grocery shopping and I saw the spyshots of "the new Pontiac sports car" in Motor trend, :woot2: I still have all the Magazine articles, Brochures, and clippings of it! I can still remember seeing my first one in the Plant City Pontiac Dealers Showroom. I was 17 and I remember telling the salesman that I liked the Fiero Better than the New Corvette in the Chevy Dealers Showroom. :lol: It's a real shame that Pontiac stopped making them. Maybe someone at GM will see these designs and talk "Uncle Bob" into resurecting the Fiero? B)

Thanks
    (Quote From Solstice Article by, ROGER HART from Auto Week Magazine)
    "THE F WORD STILL HAUNTS THE halls of GM," said Doug Parks, chief engineer for small cars, referring to the Pontiac Fiero, the two-seat, mid-engine sports car that lived a short, unfulfilled life from 1984 to '89. "The Solstice absolutely has to perform as well as it looks. That was the Fiero's problem... it never delivered on its looks until it was too late.
    (End Quote)

I know the Fiero had it's problems but most of them came from cutting corners. What Killed the Fiero more than anything was the dying sports car market of the 90's, no one was selling sports cars, thanks to the SUV boom. Now the Sports Cars are having a MAJOR REVIVAL!

So my question is, Why Won't GM Give the Fiero another chance? If they were starting to get it right at the end, don't you think they would be sure to get it right this time, right outta' the gate? Hell we all know GM's Quality has gotten better since the 80's. Give us a Fiero like the one I have described above with a supercharged 270 horse Eco Tech, and a 300 horse V6 and some modern engineering to back it up, and there would be people lined up at the Pontiac dealers to buy one! :woot2:

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information