2007 Firebird (rough cut) Design

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Firebird (rough cut) Design

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

2007 Firebird (rough cut) Design

Before I waste the 15 minutes it took to do this "design" and so you see "chop" skills are no BFD, forget the "tech" for a minute and allow me the courtesy of some constructive comments regarding the design concept, if you can ??
    This is the same "automobile" as previously outlined here for your consideration.

...Yes, I will (if you find this acceptable) wire it back together and return the
    spit and polish to the "picture",...but not wanting to waste my time for more
    "free advice" form you genuis-types here, I would appreciate you "sane" responses, otherwise....well you know !

Stingary

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2007 Firebird (rough cut) Design

looks like a gto with some smuges?
    maybe pick a different base car with more "heart". the gto is kind of boring as a firebird and in general, imho...
    Last edited by aLID; 02-09-2006 at 08:34 AM.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

yeah, so far it is still a GTO base as that was the "concept" of this... a "quick to production" firebird design, without an entire redesign or platform. Something GM could do right now by using the exsisting GTO/Holden platform.

As I said before "not like the Camaro, ...More like a PONTIAC in the sense of a "family" of related products, and not a "trans-am" version. A Firebird for "regular people" !!!

I know about the "smudges", they are only to indicate some sense of the direction, and it has been cut to shorten the length by about 8" or so too. I will return the hard finish if you all find it of interest here.

I guess this is more along the lines of what you all are doing here, right?

Stingray

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

So this would be a GTO with no headlights?

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Constructive criticism.

I don't like the concept. The GTO probably isn't the best starting point (more a Holden than a Pontiac) and adding the Trans Am WS6 hood (which many feel is too over the top) isn't all that original. I don't know what your doing with the smudges. It is too blurry to see what your intent was. It just looks like blurry smooshed headlights, grill and a blurry dent on the rear window frame. I see you also removed the foglights and added a new lower grill, but your technique is horrible (even if all you are doing is gauging interest).

Slow down a little. Give us an honest attempt and we will give you an honest opinion. Please show us a real representation of your skills and creativity. Your not going to get a very good response from something that you just throw together like this.

Steve

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

OK, ,,,,,,,,,,just wanted to see if this type of "picture" is in the ball park for you all.

Hey at least your not going blind, or getting "Motion Sickness" again, yet !!!...LOL !

I will fix it by Sat nite for you if that's cool ?...I am still here and I do listen, so...

Stingray

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

its not the WS6 hood. its the GTO intakes moved forward on the hood.

and the car hasn't been shortened one iota. in fact, the smudges make the car longer.

but, fine. lets discuss the concept itself, to be fair. not everybody is the best chopper in the world

the problem with using the current GTO as a base for a firebird is twofold. one, the platform is about to be replaced, and two, a firebird built off of it would likely become too expensive, even if it were decontented and shortened from the GTO, to truly be for "regular people"

pricing aside, the GTO gets slammed all the time for being boring dated and unemotionally styled, despite being an excellent vehicle with a fantastic interior. i don't think that the above restyle does much to improve on the GTO's weaknesses. the "faster" roofline doesn't fit too well in with the rest of the car thematically - i assume you wish for the roof to sweep down in a straight line instead of the jelly-bean cure its got going now?

its difficult to tell if you've got hidden headlights on the nose. if so, i'd ask you which cars produced in the past 5 years have them? because they're horrifically out of date. now, if they are not hidden, and that smudge of gray is your headlights, then they're uninspired to say the least. they look lazy, not sporty.

i'll ignore the fact that the perspective on teh lower fascia is all messed up, because,hey, maybe that's cos of the smudge, but the original lower fascia is superior. the one you've got on there neither enhances the sportiness of the car nor shows any pontiac or firebird bloodline.

and the fenders of the car, where the GTO likely gets hurt the most, are devoid of muscle. no bulges, no cuts, not hint of speed. no interest. and you left them alone (you could at least have smudged out the GTO badge!)

teh concept, sorry to say, does nothing for me. it falls flat and it falls short.

Thanks

Looks too much like a regular GTO....

Thanks

Why do you quote everything?

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

454...it's just the old school man, i guess...? .....never really thought why ? " " !

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Please don't start 3 threads for the same chop/entry.
    If you need to make revisions, post them in the same thread.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information