2007 Firebird (3rd cut)...1 more and we are done...TONIGHT !

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

View Poll Results: Is it a Firebird because....

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...of the long hood short deck & t-top,...chop ?

1 7.14%
  • ...of the dual headlights, re-sized wheel flares & tires ?

1 7.14%
  • ...of the "fins & feathers" in the body design ?

1 7.14%
  • ...of the drugs I'm doing ? (lol...NO it's not a Firebird).

11 78.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Firebird (3rd cut)...1 more and we are done...TONIGHT !

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

2007 Firebird (3rd cut)...1 more and we are done...TONIGHT !

Ok, aside from the color, I thought that the "design" itself should make this Pontiac, look like a Firebird, and a "cousin" to Mr. GTO, not his twin brother !!

So, here we go, tell me which way you want it, because by tonight it will be finished. I only have ONE DAY to do this, and this is the day. If you ahve something to say, say it NOW. Later will be TOO LATE.

Time is Money for me, Kids...alot of money. I have posted all the "cuts" as I have gone along with this today, I have spent several hours now at it, and it is time for me to "wrap it up and kick it out the door".

That's why I need your "helpful advice" to finish this now.

I'll give you one more CUT, after this one (that'll be #4) then it's done OK?

You tell me what your "feeling" about this design....Is it a FIREBIRD ?

NOW ?

I went for a "resemblance" not "retro" to the 1969 Firebird groove. I owned one and always thought it had a "bad ass" look to it, ....

...it "always" looked like a "Firebird".

SO, HERE....post your comments before TONIGHT or just Shut Up !!!.
    ..........( i'm joking !!! )

2007 Pontiac Firebird (mid-point cut).

Stingray

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2007 Firebird (3rd cut)...1 more and we are done...TONIGHT !

Hate it.. looks like the a new "Grand Am"

sorry, just me
    Last edited by Geister; 02-10-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks

Something looks off.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 112,000 mi.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 lightbrotha2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Impala LT - Red

That looks like the old Grand Am like the 97MY.

EDIT: I really don't like this...like was said before trying to base it off the now defunt GTO is not a good thing the look of that car is very uninspired and looked old from the day they released it. If u want to do a Firebird start with a Camaro like a traditional Firebird would be. I was just sitting here thinkin about what could be used as a donor and the only one that is even viable right now would have to be the Camaro unless you want to use the old Bonneville as a starter car. The proportions would be slightly off but it would LOOK like a Pontiac instead of a Holden (which looks better) inpersonating a Pontiac.
    Last edited by lightbrotha2004; 02-09-2006 at 04:56 PM.
    Current: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT Past: 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX, 1996 Chevy Lumina, 1998 GMC Astro (GMC Grill on an Astro)
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Please Stop!

Thanks

It looks like a Sunfire, I think what's causing this (at least in my mind) is the height of the greenhouse and overall length of the car, the car is short in length and tall in height. The addition of what looks like body cladding used on the older Pontiac make it look even more like a Sunfire. I think it would help to stretch the car, but not front overhang any more, and lower the greenhouse, that just my opinion, you do what ever you want.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

"Amongst other "details",...the rear wheel wells are not finished, had to put bigger tires on the back, but the car is done not to "fatboy" body standards of "lexus 430" or even BMW "abstracts". It is done to the "original" proportions of the first generation late 60's camaro & firebird designs.

It is "literaly" chopped at the rear of the front door, and lengthend from the front wheels forward.

That is not a very common practice with today's "appliance box" design theroy. It is also quite different from a G6, with the wheels pushe to the 4 corners of the body too.

Although I like the G6 look alot, at first it looked strange a bit too !

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    It looks like a Sunfire, I think what's causing this (at least in my mind) is the height of the greenhouse and overall length of the car, the car is short in length and tall in height. The addition of what looks like body cladding used on the older Pontiac make it look even more like a Sunfire. I think it would help to stretch the car, but not front overhang any more, and lower the greenhouse, that just my opinion, you do what ever you want.

Jono, yea, that's what I don't care for about the GTO. The HEIGHT, so I tought that a Electrostatic Glass Roof would work to "open up the top" ??? ...going the entire lenght and witdth of the roof inside the side pillars, got me? clear glass, and then it can be turned opaque to translusent with a interior control panel ?

It's a sort of "over the Top ,...T-top" !! LMAO.

Yes or Maybe, ...I can show it to you on the next cut and if it does not work then,... poof !

OK?

Stingray

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Allright, the "side moulding" kinda was just a tought, not my first. Just wanted to see if it worked or not,...NOT. Not to subtle is it? GOOD it's gone then.

I never said you had to "like" it, cuz I'm doing it anyway. But it helps me today, because I have so little time to do this in, to have your input about different "elements".

Post your thoughts NOW please, I'm going to walk the dog and eat dinner and will be back for "another hack at it" after 8pm tonite. Then it will get one last polish after that and I will post a "final" by the AM.

Take it for what it is or leave it.
    RIGHT? ....did I tell you I Paint fast too, or "you can tell" !!!!

Thanks again, ....Stingary

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STINGRAYSSTUDIO
    i see more resemblance to the 90s grand am. it's that nose and steeply-sloping hood, and the frilly things on teh rear bumper. the headlights don't look aggrssive enough to be a firebird, try making them less tall, and slanting them down more towards the grille.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Ime meellting------meeeellllltinggg!

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely nice to see something from you that is kind of original, and not too heavy in filters. This is the type of thing we are looking for.
    However, that being said, I agree with the majority of the users and see way too much GTO and 90's Grand Am.
    The trick with Chops is not to hardly see and know what the original was.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by STINGRAYSSTUDIO
    Ok, aside from the color, I thought that the "design" itself should make this Pontiac, look like a Firebird, and a "cousin" to Mr. GTO, not his twin brother !!

So, here we go, tell me which way you want it, because by tonight it will be finished. I only have ONE DAY to do this, and this is the day. If you ahve something to say, say it NOW. Later will be TOO LATE.

Time is Money for me, Kids...alot of money. I have posted all the "cuts" as I have gone along with this today, I have spent several hours now at it, and it is time for me to "wrap it up and kick it out the door".

That's why I need your "helpful advice" to finish this now.

I'll give you one more CUT, after this one (that'll be #4) then it's done OK?

You tell me what your "feeling" about this design....Is it a FIREBIRD ?

NOW ?

I went for a "resemblance" not "retro" to the 1969 Firebird groove. I owned one and always thought it had a "bad ass" look to it, ....

...it "always" looked like a "Firebird".

SO, HERE....post your comments before TONIGHT or just Shut Up !!!.
    ..........( i'm joking !!! )

2007 Pontiac Firebird (mid-point cut).

Stingray

Couldnt find a great picture of a red 2-door..but there is a striking resembelence.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

wow. a 93 grand am.

keep at it and i'll end up hating the gto.

the headlights are way too low, the car expresses neither aggression nor speed nor muscle, and in cutting the 18 or so inches from behind the front seat, you've made the car rather too short.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

OK, um maybe I can slow down a bit, you see I have another computer with Photoshop and Ailias and autocad on it, but the other day, (I think it was the day I meet all you guys actually)...My programming technician pulled out and broke the moterboard pin connetor !!!...so I wss hoping to get it back tomarrow, umm won't be back til Monday.

Therefore, I have no splines, terxtures, blooms, etc, etc,...and I must do everything in "PhotoDeluxe", so I really do have to paint most everything you see in this picture. PD is not so great at reflective stuff either. So doing a totally "original" drawing based pix is out of the question this time. I GUESS THAT'S A THREAT, HUH ?

Anyway, I Have removed the "grand prix" mouldings and the head lights are narrowwed with a slant as Camaroman suggested. It DOES look better that way !

So the 1959 Thunderbird hood scoop is cool then ????.....lmao !

I am gonna slow it down a bit, so if you have more to say, I'll listen. I am thinking about 1969 firebird fender flares, parrallel dual side vents, tunneling the "snout" grilles, and "the glass top" too...???

It looks real "short" in the trunk without the "fins"...any ideas ??

Next time I will do a "original" for you, but help me out here, OK ? THX

Stingray

NICE GRAND AM, ...LOL !

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information