2007 Chevrolet Impala SS

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Chevrolet Impala SS

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Presenting the new Zeta Based Impala...the true return of a classic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    that your own creation? very well done! very nice attention to detail... i love how the bowtie crossbar extends past the grille to the headlights. slick
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    I can't claim full responsibility, its based on a Holden, but I think it would be the perfect Impala replacement.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 20 2004, 04:09 PM
    I can't claim full responsibility, its based on a Holden, but I think it would be the perfect Impala replacement.
    they're really 'holden' out on us in north america...

did you see the holden XUV? maybe you could impala it up too

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=4004&hl=

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Here ya go...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    gimie GIMIE GIMIE GIMIE I LOVE IT!!! :woot2: Ille take mine in BLACK PLEASE!!! What the Catara should have BEEN!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 20 2004, 05:29 PM
    Here ya go...
    thanks man! didn't take much, eh? hmmm... if you get bored, wanna modify the rear window/midgate/bed area of the car? one of the 3/4 rear views could use some work... i think the bed is too high, and those buttresses are too angular for the curvy holden.

not that you have to listen to me... if you did, you'd have given me an '05 fieroGT a long time ago

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Please, it's just a current generation Holden Commodore with a bowtie... Essentially it's a GTO 4-door with dated 1990's design begging for ridicule just like the GTO. The Impala needs to be more than that. The next generation of Holdens will certainly be updated in style to get rid of that soft last decade Opel based look..
    ---

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by Watchdevil@Feb 20 2004, 02:37 PM
    Please, it's just a current generation Holden Commodore with a bowtie... Essentially it's a GTO 4-door with dated 1990's design begging for ridicule just like the GTO. The Impala needs to be more than that. The next generation of Holdens will certainly be updated in style to get rid of that soft last decade Opel based look..
    Thats what Chevrolet's should be, Soft and Opel like. Vanilla styling is the best way to go if you want to attract buyers. The Current Berlina is 10x better then anything we have here (Lumina, GTP, LaCrosse, etc.). And the Commodore is a 4-Door GTO, not the Berlina, the Berlina is bigger.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe
    Originally posted by Watchdevil@Feb 20 2004, 07:37 PM
    i agree that the next impala needs a little more flare... but 'begging for ridicule just like the GTO'? with the balls the GTO has good luck seeing one standing still long enough to ridicule it! you'll have to catch it first!

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Originally posted by TaHoE+Feb 20 2004, 02:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE &#064; Feb 20 2004, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Watchdevil@Feb 20 2004, 02:37 PM
    Please, it&#39;s just a current generation Holden Commodore with a bowtie... Essentially it&#39;s a GTO 4-door with dated 1990&#39;s design begging for ridicule just like the GTO. The Impala needs to be more than that. The next generation of Holdens will certainly be updated in style to get rid of that soft last decade Opel based look..
    Thats what Chevrolet&#39;s should be, Soft and Opel like. Vanilla styling is the best way to go if you want to attract buyers. The Current Berlina is 10x better then anything we have here (Lumina, GTP, LaCrosse, etc.). And the Commodore is a 4-Door GTO, not the Berlina, the Berlina is bigger. [/b][/quote]
    The Berlina is bigger by a whopping 28mm in overall length, due to the fact that the front fascia is slighty different. The Commodore, Executive, Berlina and Calais all share the same body shell and platform as well as body and interior dimensions. The main difference between these cars of different names is some body trim, styling and performance levels. They use basically the same naming system denoting trim and content levels that Chevrolet traditionally used for it&#39;s full sized cars sharing the same body shells (Bel Air, Impala, Caprice).

So what you illustrate is closest in concept to the Commodore SS and the Middle East market Chevy Lumina SS.

The Holden Statesman and Caprice are long wheelbase versions of the Commodore series with a longer overall length. A Caprice SS is currently marketed in the Middle East.

Length:
    Commodore, Executive 4868mm
    Berlina, Calais 4896mm
    Statesman, Caprice 5193mm

Wheelbase:
    Commodore, Exceutive, Berlina, Calais 2788mm
    Statesman & Caprice 2939mm

The new generation Opels are edgier, not softer. The current Commodore body series is based on the Opel Omega designs and was recently restyled to take on more of the modern edgier Opel look. It&#39;s confined to rear quarter, decklid, front and rear fascias, grille, hood and lamp designs. The main bodies are the same as before.
    ---

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy
    Concepts should be based on future platforms not ones due to be replaced.
    The GTO was rushed into production and the next GTO will be on a new platform.
    The 2007 Impala SS should be based on a future platform not something that would be valid in the 90s or approaching the end of its current look.
    A nice chop but out of date.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by Canuck@Feb 20 2004, 05:09 PM
    The GTO was rushed into production and the next GTO will be on a new platform.
    The 2007 Impala SS should be based on a future platform not something that would be valid in the 90s or approaching the end of its current look.
    Well show me a Zeta based car, and Ill gladly turn it into an Impala... (Insignia doesn&#39;t count, its a concept remember). I did this just for fun, not really to say that it should go into production, just curious what it would look like as a Chevy.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    Originally posted by TaHoE+Feb 20 2004, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Feb 20 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Canuck@Feb 20 2004, 05:09 PM
    The GTO was rushed into production and the next GTO will be on a new platform.&nbsp;
    Well show me a Zeta based car, and Ill gladly turn it into an Impala... (Insignia doesn&#39;t count, its a concept remember). I did this just for fun, not really to say that it should go into production, just curious what it would look like as a Chevy. [/b][/quote]
    It has been said more than a few times that the VE commodore will draw some styling ques from audi and benchmark itself against it. Maybe take an A6 car and base the Zeta concept around that, as it is the current car is reaching the end of its life and the styling is starting to show it.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 LGRpup's Avatar
    Thanks
    Man how did I become the only one on this Forum that doesnt love Holdens(except for that wagon suv thing) and want them to replace all of GM&#39;s lineup?
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE
    2012 Chevrolet Malibu LT

It's not cool to hate America people!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information