2005 Cadillac STS: Revealed

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Cadillac STS: Revealed

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    This is a little hasty, but I just got so excited seeing this Spy Shot, hey its better than nothing, and the general shape is there. About 80-85% of the body lines are intact off of the spy shot. The mirrors are directly from the test mule as is the rear window pillar. I couldnt find a decent grille so I made one:

Some things I noticed when I made it:

-Its pretty similar to the spy shot shown on GMI a few months ago, but Lutz was definitely here.
    -This car has HUGE wheels, with 9-spokes and a front facia similar to that of the CTS-V
    -The Hood is massive
    -Even though the door handles arent there, on the spy shot you can tell they are just like the SRX's showing that Cadillac is responding to the complaints about not having Euro-Grab-Handles on the side of its body
    -There is a chrome strip going from the C-pillar to the A-Pillar between the glass and the body, very classy touch
    -The Rear tailights look like they were transplanted right off of the CTS
    -The Tailights are similar to the XLR's but slightly taller and thinner (somethere between the SRX and CTS).
    -There are no Amber front indicators in the lower facia like in the SRX and XLR.
    -In the CTS the where the bumper meets the body there is a L shaped gap between the body and the bumper, the STS has a horizontal body gap.
    -This car had a ludicrous amount of cammo on it!
    -The Mirrors are very similar to the CTS's
    -The STS has A LOT of ground clearance.
    -The STS has an amber turning signal on the side of the front bumper AND on the Fender...Very Euro!
    -The STS is softer than the CTS but not as soft as the Sixteen, right where I like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Originally posted by TaHoE@Nov 3 2003, 10:01 PM
    This is a little hasty, but I just got so excited seeing this Spy Shot, hey its better than nothing, and the general shape is there.* About 80-85% of the body lines are intact off of the spy shot.* The mirrors are directly from the test mule as is the rear window pillar.* I couldnt find a decent grille so I made one:

Some things I noticed when I made it:

-Its pretty similar to the spy shot shown on GMI a few months ago, but Lutz was definitely here.
    -This car has HUGE wheels, with 9-spokes and a front facia similar to that of the CTS-V
    -The Hood is massive
    -Even though the door handles arent there, on the spy shot you can tell they are just like the SRX's showing that Cadillac is responding to the complaints about not having Euro-Grab-Handles on the side of its body
    -There is a chrome strip going from the C-pillar to the A-Pillar between the glass and the body, very classy touch
    -The Rear tailights look like they were transplanted right off of the CTS
    -The Tailights are similar to the XLR's but slightly taller and thinner (somethere between the SRX and CTS).
    -There are no Amber front indicators in the lower facia like in the SRX and XLR.
    -In the CTS the where the bumper meets the body there is a L shaped gap between the body and the bumper, the STS has a horizontal body gap.
    -This car had a ludicrous amount of cammo on it!
    -The Mirrors are very similar to the CTS's
    -The STS has A LOT of ground clearance.
    -The STS has an amber turning signal on the side of the front bumper AND on the Fender...Very Euro!
    -The STS is softer than the CTS but not as soft as the Sixteen, right where I like it.
    245-45 18 tires
    Front Fascia does have 2 lamps in it under the headlamps.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very well-done!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Looks good to me :laughbounce:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 2,134 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero
    I still liked that Photoshopped 16/STS in Car & Driver (or was in Motor Trend). One of those. SImply amazing... but definitely too much to hope for. <_<

We&#39;ll see...

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by mgescuro@Nov 4 2003, 12:56 AM
    I still liked that Photoshopped 16/STS in Car & Driver (or was in Motor Trend). One of those. SImply amazing... but definitely too much to hope for. <_<

We&#39;ll see...
    It&#39;s definitely NOT going to look like that, maybe the grille but even that it doubtful. All they did was put a Sixteen body on a Honda Accord&#33; This is the actual spy shot, as much as I would love to see the STS in Car&Driver, I think this is more appropriate for the STS, and the C&D illustration would be more appropriate for the DTS&#33;

Thanks
    Nice work Tahoe man&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;, Cadillac is turning me in2 such a Cadillac whore it&#39;s not funny. The sexy CTS then the droolicious CTS V,the sultry SRX ,and now this the mmmmm *drools* oh so tasty STS..I can&#39;t take it&#33;&#33;&#33;. Though 4 some reason I&#39;m having issues with the XLR,it&#39;s just not roping me in like the others . Could it B it&#39;s a convert and I don&#39;t dig them,I don&#39;t know I totally dug/ate up the Evoq,but 4 some reason the XLR....*shrugs* maybe that&#39;ll change with the XLR-V.

Anyone else feel the way I do bout the XLR??
    Current line up:
    1987 Buick Regal S/W
    1987 Pontiac Trans AM
    1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula
    1998 Ford Windstar
    1998 Subaru Impreza Wagon
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z-28
    2004 Chevorlet Trailblazer
    And further down the road: 2k4 Cadillac CTS V.

Those gone but not forgotten:
    1991 Ford TaurusHidden Content
    1993 Chevy LuminaHidden Content

--ME--

Thanks
    good job tahoe, you the man. I need to leran photoshop lol

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by casket_demon@Nov 4 2003, 07:37 AM
    Nice work Tahoe man&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;, Cadillac is turning me in2 such a Cadillac whore it&#39;s not funny. The sexy CTS then the droolicious CTS V,the sultry SRX ,and now this the mmmmm *drools* oh so tasty STS..I can&#39;t take it&#33;&#33;&#33;. Though 4 some reason I&#39;m having issues with the XLR,it&#39;s just not roping me in like the others . Could it B it&#39;s a convert and I don&#39;t dig them,I don&#39;t know I totally dug/ate up the Evoq,but 4 some reason the XLR....*shrugs* maybe that&#39;ll change with the XLR-V.

Anyone else feel the way I do bout the XLR??
    Not really, I rather ejoy the XLR, but the STS will definitely by better looking&#33;

Thanks
    first this car is a 5 series competitor right
    and they showed more of the headlight in a carand driver spyshot here that would be good to put on htis
    lastly u only really had to color change the parts with whte tape on them that would have left more of the original un camoed parts of the spy shot

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Camaro & 2011 GTI
    Thanks TaHoE, you made my day

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by hockey81289@Nov 4 2003, 12:30 PM
    and they showed more of the headlight in a carand driver spyshot here that would be good to put on htis
    lastly u only really had to color change the parts with whte tape on them that would have left more of the original un camoed parts of the spy shot
    I didnt really understand this post, but this car was heavily Camoflauged (sp?). Just because not all of it is white, doesnt mean those parts are exposed, there are ALOT of hidden elements, but this is pretty accurate. The headlights are exaclty the same, just from a different angle&#33; And yes this is a 5-series competitor

Thanks
    Originally posted by TaHoE+Nov 4 2003, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE &#064; Nov 4 2003, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hockey81289@Nov 4 2003, 12:30 PM
    I didnt really understand this post, but this car was heavily Camoflauged (sp?). Just because not all of it is white, doesnt mean those parts are exposed, there are ALOT of hidden elements, but this is pretty accurate. The headlights are exaclty the same, just from a different angle&#33; And yes this is a 5-series competitor [/b][/quote]
    sry i was in kind of a rush
    I meant to say that you could see more of the headlight shape in the car and driver shot. If u dont see it i think that it shows srx like headlights. Ur photoshop is great it is very clean. as for the cladding i do think that only the front, and rear of the car have a lot of cladding. sry if any insult was taken tahoe

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Originally posted by hockey81289+Nov 4 2003, 09:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hockey81289 @ Nov 4 2003, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 09:07 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-hockey81289
    @Nov 4 2003, 12:30 PM

I didnt really understand this post, but this car was heavily Camoflauged (sp?). Just because not all of it is white, doesnt mean those parts are exposed, there are ALOT of hidden elements, but this is pretty accurate. The headlights are exaclty the same, just from a different angle&#33; And yes this is a 5-series competitor
    sry i was in kind of a rush
    I meant to say that you could see more of the headlight shape in the car and driver shot. If u dont see it i think that it shows srx like headlights. Ur photoshop is great it is very clean. as for the cladding i do think that only the front, and rear of the car have a lot of cladding. sry if any insult was taken tahoe [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t worry I wasnt offeneded, I just didn&#39;t undertand it. The Headlamps are indeed similar to the SRX&#39;s, however their general shape is like the CTS, so its somewhere in between. There was some camo on the body, but yes the front and back had more camo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 2,134 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero
    Originally posted by TaHoE@Nov 4 2003, 07:27 AM

It&#39;s definitely NOT going to look like that, maybe the grille but even that it doubtful. All they did was put a Sixteen body on a Honda Accord&#33; This is the actual spy shot, as much as I would love to see the STS in Car&Driver, I think this is more appropriate for the STS, and the C&D illustration would be more appropriate for the DTS&#33;
    Oh, I know there&#39;s a snowball chance in hell that it will like the sixteen/accord photoshop image in C&D.... but I can always dream.

I&#39;m just picturing a CTS-ish design the size of the existing STS. And I&#39;m prayin&#39; that the interior is NOT like the CTS and SRX because that&#39;s a step back from teh current design.
    <_<

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information