What do you think of Ford Inside News?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Poll: What do you think of all the Ford talk and Ford fans here?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Ford Inside News?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

What do you think of Ford Inside News?

As I've said before, I've owned Fords in the past, I own one now, and I've got nothing against them. I think it's great that we can discuss Ford news here. But lately the Ford boys have been getting on my nerves. Not all, I really enjoy wescoent's posts and some of the other regulars, but many. (Again, wescoent, simonsays, and others: I'm not directing this at you AT ALL)

What's funny is I've got most of the Fordholes on ignore, not for being Ford enthusiasts, but for just being rude, stupid people. When I do read their posts it usually infuriates me. Do they not realize that 99.9% of GMI members have NOTHING against Ford at all???

Now, I'll admit I've been childish and obnoxious myself here at times. And I regret that. But I've tried to be a good member, especially the last couple years, and I do my best to ignore the lunacy that occurs here every now and then. Sometimes I slip up though.

Maybe this is a dumb post, but right now I feel like we've been overrun with Ford news and obnoxious little **** disturbers. And I've had enough. Some of them are trolls. Pure trolls. And dammit, some of them have done nothing but drag this place down with their putdowns and GM hatred for years.

If you can't talk about anything but Ford AND must constantly put down and attack GM fans please get the hell out of here. Some of you are ruining this site IMO.

If anyone thinks I'm out of line please report me and/or just ban me. If I'm not, then please do something about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: What do you think of Ford Inside News?

GMinsidenews is the best car forum on the web. We even get import trolls here. I hate it but what can you do?
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar jmlee0695's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree! I find the worst part of Ford is their fan boys! It is ANNOYING that they bring Ford into every GM thread. This should be GM Inside News. I like GM the most, so I come here. They don't see me going trolling Ford Forums. I'm not a big Ford fan, so I don't go there. I don't see why Ford fans have to come here

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Um there is always FoMoCoNews. I've found that many of the people here that like fords are there as well.

But yes many of them are getting rather obnoxious, and they aren't even over at FMCN. It doesn't have the ring of GMI, but oh well.

I picked the second one, but the 4th as well, because your name is numbered wrong.

Banned
    Thanks

I would have liked an option about everybody coexisting or something to that effect. I find no option that reflects my feeling but I see and respect 2648562's point. I sometimes feel the same way about a few regular Ford haters.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

I don't hate GM, but I would never buy another one because they killed my brands, despite my last 9 GM purchases in a row.

Are I evil? Or at least not a Yoter Troll?

Thanks
    My Ride
    1994 Volvo 940 Turbo

It really doesn't bother me. What makes this site great is that you have so many people representing diverse opinions posting. You have the GM diehards, those who have been burned, the hybrid brigade, the Ford fan club, the Cadillac enthusiasts and other specific factions. It makes for some interesting discussions.

Don't know about you 2648562, but I come here both because I'm genuinely interested in the future of GM, and I just enjoy talking cars. I've posted on other sites, and I have to say, fans of other brands tend to ebb and flow with the times. Ford is on a role now, so naturally you'll see more Ford fans being more vocal at the present time.

Coincidentally, three Ford fans are viewing this thread as I write, and I only just realized the irony of my own screename!
    Gone but never forgotten:

1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport
    1992 Mercury Sable GS
    2004 Honda Accord LX
    2007 Hyundai Sonata

Eric Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marinerbc View Post
    I don't hate GM, but I would never buy another one because they killed my brands, despite my last 9 GM purchases in a row.

Are I evil? Or at least not a Yoter Troll?
    Do you want a serious answer?
    Ok then, just look in this mirror and tell us what you see.
    Be honest now.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala Fleet Mobile

Some friendly banter can be fun and there is nothing wrong with differing opinons, but lately it seems that every thread becomes a pissing contest with the ford guys.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Suziebob's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't even understand the rivalry between Ford and GM now. It must be a bunch of aging baby boomers. To my generation, it's Ford/GM/Chrysler vs. The World.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mustapha Mond's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

I'm not a Ford guy but I respect the brand, more so these days than ever before. I have learned things from Ford loyalists about Ford products that I didn't know before.

Just because I'm a stubborn GM loyalist doesn't mean I can't like other makes as well, or appreciate and enjoy interacting with fans of other manufacturers. I read Automobile, Road & Track, and Car & Driver growing up (sorry Motor Trend) and had appreciation for cars from all over the world. That has stayed with me as an adult. Web forums such as this give me outlet for my ideas and opinions, and nurture my need to be a "car guy" even though I drive a little puddlejumper and work for the government.

Now it is one thing to have dialogue and at times respectful disagreement. It is another for people to come here and troll. I just pay no attention to them. They're the web forum equivalent of a crank phone call. Besides, I have seen people puporting to be GM fans do the same thing on other forums so tit for tit I guess.

If there was never any dissent, no dialectical process, no debate, well this forum would die off pretty quickly. Few things are more boring that a bunch of people just sitting around agreeing with each other.
    -Elliott

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Taglane's Avatar
    Thanks

I respect Ford, but prefer GM. (wish Ford Fanboys would do the same.) It's like all of Ford's staff are on this site and they get paid extra to rank on GM. eh, it just gets tiring after a while.
    Hidden Content
    Don't hate. Appreciate.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,008 Times in 3,387 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

I am a Ford fan, but I prefer Chevy in any match up aganist ford. I do not like Mercury or Lincoln, and Adore Cadillac.
    That said, whenever I need Ford news, I like fomoconews more that blue oval...

I just hate how every ford fan boy thinks that the Ford controlling Family is a cross between royalty and some sort of holy gurus

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,375 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

It's getting annoying, no doubt. Most of the folks on my ignore list are Ford fanboys.

I really don't mind having them on the site...that said, I do have a problem with them polluting GM threads with their banter about how Ford is better at doing everything than GM. In all honesty, I haven't seen many occasions where one of the well-known Ford fans on the site praised GM for anything.

It does seem, however, that the Ford fans are too quick to defend themselves or Ford's products...sometimes to the point that they end up interpreting statements as bashing Ford. I recall one specific incident where I agreed with another poster that the Lincoln MKS was not as good of a car as some GM products, prompting a Ford fan to accuse me of being a "Lincoln hater" and saying that I wouldn't like the MKS even if it was RWD and had a V8. Nowhere in my original post did I say I didn't like the MKS, in fact, I think it's one of the best American cars out there today. I merely said I thought there were GM vehicles that were better.

In all honesty, I'm almost as much of a Ford fan as I am a GM fan. My ties with GM run much deeper than Ford, but Ford was the first company my dad applied with, and my dad owned his share of F-150s and a Mustang II. Hell, the first car I ever really wanted was an F-150. I definitely respect Ford for putting up a good fight in this industry, the Fusion and Taurus are great cars, F-series is successful for a reason, Lincoln's churning out some pretty good looking sedans (not too keen on the crossovers though), and Mercury, well, I'm sure the boys over in Dearborn have something planned for them too.

I think most of the GM fans here have respect for Ford as well...maybe it's time the Ford fans returned the favor every now and then...remember, we're all in this together...and like I've always said, GM and Ford need to kill off the imports first, then we can go back to hating each other.

That said, Camaro vs. Mustang will never die. Camaro FTMFW.

It's feeding time...

-From Scott Settlemire's Camaro photoshoot out in the Mojave Desert...
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

I like some Fords (mainly old ones) but I prefer GM. However I don't get upset with the Ford fans strutting their stuff. I think they are misguided and are building their hopes for Ford on a false premise, but that's half the fun.

I think of this as a championship, not just one game. They think Ford has won the game and like all fans their testosterone levels are up (scientific fact) after a perceived victory; and they get more confident. But winning one game doesn't win the championship; and we all know who has been winning the championships for the last 100 years - GM.

And so too it will be again, and not too far off. I'm in this for the long haul. Revenge is a dish best served cold so I hope the Ford fanboys stay around for the GM comeback in a few years so they can hear us when our testosterone levels are up and we start in with the "I told you so's...."

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast