Poor website performance with Firefox - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor website performance with Firefox

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

Re: Poor website performance with Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Hey guys,

For those experiencing issues with 'buggy'-ness (firefox users), are you using any adblockers? What exactly happens, is it ads that bogging down the site? Does it just slow down? Do you have to notice at the bottom left corner of your browser window where a bunch of scripts/ads may be zipping through and it says stuff like "Waiting for www.gminsidenews.com..." or anything like that?

If they zip through quickly, that good it's supposed to be like that. However if you notice it hangs onto a specific one for a long time, take a screenshot and let us know which section (link) you saw that on our site.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
    Natalie
    I do not use adblockers, stock Firefox.

What started happening about a week ago (possibly earlier but I was on vacation for 10 days before that) is if I go to open a thread in a new tab, it will load up and the tab will show the thread title. When I click on the tab to read it, it triggers it to reload and just hang with a blank page. If I hit "back" on the browser, it will actually allow the page to load up again.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Administrator Premium Member
    Thanks

When the site loads up your blank page, or slows down, are you able to spot anything in the "Waiting for...." message?

Everyone else experiencing this, let us know what browser you are using and the issues you are running into.

Richard.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

When it hangs on the blank page it does say "Transferring data from www.gminsidenews.com"
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,874 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

I'm trying out Opera instead of Firefox - certainly much faster.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post

What started happening about a week ago (possibly earlier but I was on vacation for 10 days before that) is if I go to open a thread in a new tab, it will load up and the tab will show the thread title. When I click on the tab to read it, it triggers it to reload and just hang with a blank page. If I hit "back" on the browser, it will actually allow the page to load up again.
    Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and refreshing your page to see if it gets rid of having to hit the back button to load up the page?

When it hangs on the blank page it does say "Transferring data from www.gminsidenews.com"
    On what page on our site does this appear on? Also device/browser you are using? If you can send us the link to the page(s) that you notice this on, please do so that we can recreate this on our end and send to our techs to investigate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
    Natalie

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

That is what happens with me. I hadn't tried hitting "back" until I read your post.
    Does it with both Chrome and Firefox on a Windows machine and a Mac.
    Only site I have having issues with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 620 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Yes that's what happens to me too. Win10, no adblockers, stock Firefox.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 776 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Not sure if it's the page, or Firefox... but everything seems good for me now. No more blank pages.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 776 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    Not sure if it's the page, or Firefox... but everything seems good for me now. No more blank pages.
    It's baaaccckkkk.

Now this page is back to the above issues, and it's obnoxious. I'll open like 4 tabs, and they appear to load based off the tab headline. Then I click it and the page vanishes, and it "refreshes" only to never load. I have to click the link in the address bar, and reload.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

Thanks

Hey fastrehotrods,

I'm not able to replicate this issue on Firefox with a test account that has the same settings as yours. I went to this page and did not experience any lag (took about 3 sec to load), nor any blank pages that I need to hit the 'back' button to get it to reload.

Are you only using Firefox? Primarily I use Chrome so when I tested on that, no issue either. Is it only this site that you experience this or this also occurs on other sites you frequent? Are you able to do more testing like navigating this site on Firefox but on another device? That way we can try to pinpoint where this issue is stemming from?

Thank you,
    Natalie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 536 Posts
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    It's baaaccckkkk.

Now this page is back to the above issues, and it's obnoxious. I'll open like 4 tabs, and they appear to load based off the tab headline. Then I click it and the page vanishes, and it "refreshes" only to never load. I have to click the link in the address bar, and reload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Hey fastrehotrods,

I'm not able to replicate this issue on Firefox with a test account that has the same settings as yours. I went to this page and did not experience any lag (took about 3 sec to load), nor any blank pages that I need to hit the 'back' button to get it to reload.

Are you only using Firefox? Primarily I use Chrome so when I tested on that, no issue either. Is it only this site that you experience this or this also occurs on other sites you frequent? Are you able to do more testing like navigating this site on Firefox but on another device? That way we can try to pinpoint where this issue is stemming from?

Thank you,
    Natalie
    I've been having the same issue as fastrehotrods, but using Chrome. It's just been this site; I haven't tried using any other browsers though.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks for your patience regarding this. Just a few troubleshooting questions:

- The issue has been encountered on Chrome and Firefox. Has anyone encountered the issue using IE/Edge?
    - Has anyone who cleared their cache/cookies noticed an improvement?
    - Does the problem occur when browsing incognito/private?

Cheers,
    Fergus

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Yesterday it was still messing up.
    Today it is finally back to normal.

I made no changes on my end.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 536 Posts
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

It's working normally again for me too without any changes.

Thanks

OK so it seems to be functioning normally? Keep us posted of any changes

Fergus

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information